TeemuVanBasten

Worst Norwich players you've ever seen?

Goran Maric
Simon Whaley
Rhoys Wiggins
Theo
Matt Gill

Those names are enough to make you shudder. Back when Gunny was throwing out contracts like confetti. 

I think Mike Sheron has to be up there for the expectation - we spent almost £1m on him to replace Sutton but he was gash for us. Knocked the goals in for fun elsewhere though.

4 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Goran Maric
Simon Whaley
Rhoys Wiggins
Theo
Matt Gill

Those names are enough to make you shudder. Back when Gunny was throwing out contracts like confetti. 

I think Mike Sheron has to be up there for the expectation - we spent almost £1m on him to replace Sutton but he was gash for us. Knocked the goals in for fun elsewhere though.

Rhoys Wiggins! 

Sheron was crud but only here. 

James Husband just popped back into my head as did Heise, who at Crawley looked like someone in the crowd had won a competition to play but both those are probably influenced by recency bias. 

29 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Goran Maric
Simon Whaley
Rhoys Wiggins
Theo
Matt Gill

Literally forgot Wiggins existed. Played 125 times for Charlton after leaving us and having one season at Bournemouth. As if he signed back at Bournemouth in 2016! Never played but still.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Literally forgot Wiggins existed. Played 125 times for Charlton after leaving us and having one season at Bournemouth. As if he signed back at Bournemouth in 2016! Never played but still.

I think Wiggins only played some EFL Trophy games for us in the end but it says it all that probably 90% of Gunn's signings that summer didn't even last the season once Lambert came in. Some were gone within months.

Am shocked as I also had no idea Wiggins was a Premier League 'player' until fairly recently. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nice thread, let's all think of the worst things we can think of to do with City, great way to pass the time. 

Sorry Lakey but even hogesar has joined in so it cannot be such a bad thread.

It has to be Omar Koroma who Harry Redknapp did us like a kipper over when he was manager at Portsmouth.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Could I give an honourable mention of Elvis Hammond, truly awful 

Another to get in trouble with the law, jailed for money laundering!

Surprised to see no 'love' for Peter Thorne on here. One goal in 36 games. I remember watching him very closely to see if he was going to do anything interesting at any point... it was a bit like being at a wildlife reserve with a pair of binoculars.

All the f*cker did was lay in a pond for an hour and a half snoozing.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Surprised to see no 'love' for Peter Thorne on here. One goal in 36 games. I remember watching him very closely to see if he was going to do anything interesting at any point... it was a bit like being at a wildlife reserve with a pair of binoculars.

I was thinking the same about Thorne. Also, Andy Hughes usually gets a mention on these threads but I haven't seen him mentioned (unless I've skipped past him).

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nice thread, let's all think of the worst things we can think of to do with City, great way to pass the time. 

Lighten up a bit Lakey.

There's been plenty of threads on here over the years about great City players.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Whilst we're on the theme of crap Norwich players who later fell foul of the law, I'll chuck in Elliot Omozusi who served over a year for witness intimidation.

None as bizarre as Neil Shipperley the former Palace striker got jailed for driving around London in a transit van getting his willy out and masturbating in front of strangers. Weird world! 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I was thinking the same about Thorne. Also, Andy Hughes usually gets a mention on these threads but I haven't seen him mentioned (unless I've skipped past him).

Andy Hughes was alright I thought. Just industrious, poor mans Gary O'Neil.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Andy Hughes was alright I thought. Just industrious, poor mans Gary O'Neil.

A bit like Matty Pattison. All energy and heart, no skill or technique. Hooze was one of our most consistent performers during a very dark period.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

A bit like Matty Pattison. All energy and heart, no skill or technique. Hooze was one of our most consistent performers during a very dark period.

Fatty Pattison was also about two stone overweight though! 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Still in better shape than John Hartson, who is conspicuous by his absence from this thread.

Yeah I thought about that one, but it later transpired he was riddled with cancer that had spread to his brain whilst with us, so I left it.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah I thought about that one, but it later transpired he was riddled with cancer that had spread to his brain whilst with us, so I left it.

I've just checked, and the cancer diagnosis was nearly two years after his spell with us. Did he actually have it while he was here?

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I've just checked, and the cancer diagnosis was nearly two years after his spell with us. Did he actually have it while he was here?

Watched a YouTube video where he said he was ignoring painful balls when at Norwich, think that was the point he was making.. should have got them checked here and it may not have spread to his brain! 

I think he did also say he was at his biggest at Norwich, I mean he was just ginormous wasn't he 😀

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Watched a YouTube video where he said he was ignoring painful balls when at Norwich, think that was the point he was making.. should have got them checked here and it may not have spread to his brain! 

I think he did also say he was at his biggest at Norwich, I mean he was just ginormous wasn't he 😀

I remember sitting in the Barclay when he was lining up for a kick off, I think it may have been his debut and he had just come on as a sub, although I could be wrong. He was side-on, and I could see his belly sticking out a mile from over 60 yards away. 

He didn't play again after his spell with us, and he cited his weight and fitness as the primary reason.

48 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Was Thorne the one that we bought to partner Earnshaw, after they scored 30+ goals together the previous season? I remember signing someone and having the same front pairing that another team (Palace maybe?) had had when they stormed the league, thinking "This will be brilliant" and he was utterly awful.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Was Thorne the one that we bought to partner Earnshaw, after they scored 30+ goals together the previous season? I remember signing someone and having the same front pairing that another team (Palace maybe?) had had when they stormed the league, thinking "This will be brilliant" and he was utterly awful.

Earnie actually came in after Thorne but they had played together before. I think the hope was Earnshaw and him would reignite their partnership though.

• Thanks 1