TeemuVanBasten

Worst Norwich players you've ever seen?

Theoklitos top of the list for me.

Closely followed by Zema Abbey, complete donkey who came from non-league and after leaving us was soon back there. 

Paul Dalglish clearly only a professional footballer because of his surname, and I'll always remember the anti-climax of being linked to Alan Gow in every transfer window for years before he finally rocked up on loan and, well, wasn't very good.

Raymond De Waard compared himself with Marc Overmars when arriving I believe, I should imagine we'd have been better off signing Rodney Trotter.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

TvB, I have to tip my cap to you. I came into this thread expecting to see only 'JOSIP DRMIC' written in huge sparkling capital letters, but you caught me out.

On subject though, you can pretty much drop any player from the Roeder loan division and you won't be wrong. Outside of that, Patrick Boyle was hysterically bad in his brief cameo with us and I particularly remember watching Jay Tabb dismantle Juan Velasco away at Coventry as particularly brutal and upsetting.

Hard to choose from some of the dross the Grant/Roeder/Gunn combo bought into the club.

Simon Whalley was one I was excited about but turned out to be utter dross.

Robert Eagle if he spent as much time on his game as he did on his hair he would have been some player 

Victor Segura. Was told that even Norwich United when they were Anglian Combination took one look at him and said no!!!

Edited by Don’t be Krul

David Strihavka. His only goal essentially only happening because Dublin told him specifically what to do at a corner.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Robert Eagle if he spent as much time on his game as he did on his hair he would have been some player 

To be fair to him, he did admit that he was a state of complete shock when Roeder offered him a deal... so he knew he was turd.

Now a convicted s e x offender.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, lake district canary said:

Nice thread, let's all think of the worst things we can think of to do with City, great way to pass the time. 

Good grief, have you ever considered becoming a traffic warden?

Lambert said that Goran Maric was one of the worst players he'd ever seen I think, fortunately we didn't have to witness that on the pitch. Another Gunn special.

De Waard.

Derveld.

Whaley.

Gold, Silver and Bronze. And honourable mentions to Marley Watkins, Goran Maric, Chris Killen, Michael Theoklitos and Dean Coney. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lambert said that Goran Maric was one of the worst players he'd ever seen I think, fortunately we didn't have to witness that on the pitch. Another Gunn special.

I remember someone making a comment after he left that made me chuckle.

'Goran, of all the players I've seen play for Norwich I can honestly say, you weren't one of them.'

• Haha 1

About Maric, I just checked his Wiki, and it seems someone has had a bit of fun with the Norwich City section:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Marić_(footballer)?wprov=sfla1

Interesting that he scored 11 goals for Barcelona's B team in the Spanish third tier the season before he joined us.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

About Maric, I just checked his Wiki, and it seems someone has had a bit of fun with the Norwich City section:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Marić_(footballer)?wprov=sfla1

Interesting that he scored 11 goals for Barcelona's B team in the Spanish third tier the season before he joined us.

Tooting my own horn here but I wrote this awhile ago for Along Came Norwich which seems to feature a few mentioned in this thread...

https://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/the-we-barely-knew-thee-xi/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

Tooting my own horn here but I wrote this awhile ago for Along Came Norwich which seems to feature a few mentioned in this thread...

Good list, but the one I think is very harsh is McNamee. He was only ever brought in as a weapon to be used off the bench as there were no wingers in the squad and no midfielders or forwards with any pace, and I felt he did his job.

32 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

To be fair to him, he did admit that he was a state of complete shock when Roeder offered him a deal... so he knew he was turd.

Now a convicted s e x offender.

He’ll be pleased you brought that up

40 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lambert said that Goran Maric was one of the worst players he'd ever seen I think, fortunately we didn't have to witness that on the pitch. Another Gunn special

I remember seeing him on the pre-season tour of Scotland at Raith Rovers. He hit the post and got a deal, what times they were. 🤣

Apples

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Good list, but the one I think is very harsh is McNamee. He was only ever brought in as a weapon to be used off the bench as there were no wingers in the squad and no midfielders or forwards with any pace, and I felt he did his job.

Mostly used as a sub in his career because he had bad asthma, little known fact.

49 minutes ago, king canary said:

Tudor-Jones a bit unlucky with injuries in his career I think, was considered a big talent at Swansea and got a few caps for Wales.

Possibly a bit like Louis Thompson in that regard, will end up playing his whole career in lower leagues but we know what could have been. 

Just remembered Steve Walsh though, even Franke might feel a bit hard done by if he was shown a DVD of his performances. So bad I think he repaid us his wages when leaving 🤣

Steve Walsh. We conceded 5 at home to a league 2 Bradford on his debut I believe. And then another 3/4 on his league debut. Absolute shocker! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Pound for pound it has to be Ricky.

That is just plain nasty, he had the best WAG the club has ever seen 

• Haha 1

I'll always be grateful to Lewis Grabban, without him having a tantrum at Rotherham I'd never have seen Van Wolfswinkel score a goal.

• Haha 1

Mark Fotheringham was pretty dreadful.

The fact he played over 70 games for us, before finding himself in the Cypriot league only a year later is a sign of how bad we were in that period. 

Edited by HertsCanary93