Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

How would you rate each of our players whole season performances out of 10?

As for me..

Krul- 8.5/10

Mcgovern- N/A

Hanley- 7.5/10

Godfrey- 7/10

Zimmerman- 6/10

Klose- Unfair to judge due to injury and late start/10

Aarons- 8/10

Lewis-7/10

Byram- 7.5/10

Cantwell- 7.5/10

Buendia- 7/10

Hernandez- 8/10

Tetty- 9/10

Mclean- 6.5/10

Ruup- 6/10

Duda- 2/10

Drmic- 5/10

Pukki- 7.5/10

Idah- 8/10

I know I missed a few, but that's down to lack of appearances and therefore unable to judge.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

They all seem a bit generous to me- also not sure how you can say Hernandez has had a better season than Cantwell?

31 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

4 for everyone except Krull I would give a 7 to and Cantwell -3 

I thought as his biggest fan and obviously with a man crush on him you might give Cantwell one ?  😂

Considering we’ve won 5 league matches all season, concede goals by the bucket load and score once in a blue moon, I’d suggest almost all of these ratings are a touch on the high side! 

I would wait until the end of the season and then, considering your chosen scale, I would allocate a number between zero and ten based on thier performance.

I think my method is probably the best, how is everyone else doing it?

Even as a designated happy clapper I can see those ratings are way off.

20 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I would wait until the end of the season and then, considering your chosen scale, I would allocate a number between zero and ten based on thier performance.

I think my method is probably the best, how is everyone else doing it?

I'm going to run each players individual xg stats through a Bayesian paradigm, put them into an excel pivot table then carry the 1.

• Like 1

OP far too generous:

Krul - 9/10

McGovern - N/A

Hanley - 7/10

Godfrey - 6/10

Zimmerman - 6/10

Klose - 5/10

Aarons - 7/10

Lewis - 6/10

Byram - 7/10

Cantwell - 8/10

Buendia - 6/10

Hernandez - 6/10

Tetty - 8/10

Mclean - 6/10

Ruup - 6/10

Duda - 1/10

Drmic - 3/10

Pukki - 7/10

Idah - 9/10

Not having a go at a player I like and have high hopes for, which is usually the kiss of death, but how do you get 9/10 for Idah?

Be honest in your ratings rather than give marks to people you want to play.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Not having a go at a player I like and have high hopes for, which is usually the kiss of death, but how do you get 9/10 for Idah?

Be honest in your ratings rather than give marks to people you want to play.

Contribution compared to minutes played. Idah has barely started, usually comes on as final sub at 80+ mins, and comes into the cup teams when he's barely played. Yet he comes on, looks a threat, offers us pace and power up front and has scored 6 goals. I can't rate him on time he hasn't played, and he's got more goals than our entire 1st choice midfield (Todd excluded) put together.

The stats on our season are damning but when Idah's played, he's delivered.

Given where we are in the league i would give most 5/10 by PL standards. Krul 8/10 really back at his best how many goals has that guy stopped this season. Pukki 7/10 a season of 2 halves but 11 league goals for a free signing isnt bad. Drmic and Duda 3/10  Cantwell 7/10 really kicked on this season and about 7 goals to his name, Aarons, Buendia and Godrey 6/10, they are still young done a lot of good things but also some inconsistency. Buendia the big disappointment for me i thought he would be a star, in certain games he was unplayable in others couldnt do anything right, but there is still a very good player in there perhaps in a betterside

Idah only has 3 goals doesn’t he? All scored in the cup vs Preston.

No rating for Farke then.

Oversight or a concious decision to leave him out so as to save him from the embarrassment of having one 😉

Edited by Making Plans

7 minutes ago, Clint said:

Idah only has 3 goals doesn’t he? All scored in the cup vs Preston.

I can only rate him on how he has played, and thus he has played well.

Except the United game, but to be fair was thrown in the deep end and probably had no idea until the last minute he would be starting.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As for me..

Krul- 8.5/10

Mcgovern- N/A

Hanley- 7.5/10

Godfrey- 7/10

Zimmerman- 6/10

Klose- Unfair to judge due to injury and late start/10

Aarons- 8/10

Lewis-7/10

Byram- 7.5/10

Cantwell- 7.5/10

Buendia- 7/10

Hernandez- 8/10

Tetty- 9/10

Mclean- 6.5/10

Ruup- 6/10

Duda- 2/10

Drmic- 5/10

Pukki- 7.5/10

Idah- 8/10

I know I missed a few, but that's down to lack of appearances and therefore unable to judge.

Idah 8/10 ???  
3 goals against a mixed Preston side and nothing like many more in the league 

Ratings for artistic impression

Krul- 7/10

Hanley- 5/10

Godfrey- 5/10

Zimmerman- 5/10

Aarons- 6/10

Lewis- 6/10

Byram- 5/10

Cantwell- 6/10

Buendia- 5/10

Hernandez- 5/10

Tettey- 7/10

Mclean- 5/10

Ruup- 2/10

Duda- 0/10

Drmic- 0/10

Pukki- 6/10

Idah- 6/10

Edited by Making Plans

Much fairer MP but I think a 0 for Drmic is harsh. Looked rubbish since restart but has contributed much more than Duda. I was at Spurs in the cup and that goal alone has got to be worth something! Also a bit harsh on Rupp. 

My previous comment re Idah was in relation to me reading somewhere on here that he’d score 6 goals this season. That being the case, he can have a 9/10!

Krul: 7. Probably the best of the bunch. Kept us in a lot of games in the early part of the season and tried his best to organise a makeshift defence.

Fährmann: N/A.

McGovern: N/A.

Aarons: 6. Has stepped up pretty well, and generally looks comfortable at this level.

Byram: 6. Solid and reliable when called upon.

Godfrey: 5.5. He's young and learning, but still makes a few errors defensively. Handicapped by the situation we've found ourselves in.

Hanley: 6. Nightmare start at Liverpool, but looked better when he returned from injury.

Zimmermann: 6. Probably our most assured centre back this season, just a shame that's he been unavailable so often.

Klose: N/A.

Lewis: 5.5. Seems to have lost confidence and has been a bit fragile at times.

Heise: N/A.

Amadou: 5.5. Some good performances against Man City, Bournemouth and Arsenal but far too inconsistent. Had a nightmare against Villa and was poor against Burnley, but was out of position.

Tettey: 6.5. Often held together a weak midfield.

Trybull: 5. Simply hasn't made the step up. Looks out of his depth at this level.

Vrancic: 5.5. Similar to Trybull, but has had less game time.

McLean: 5.5. again, similar to the rest of the midfield, but he always puts a shift in and had a couple of decent games as a number ten.

Leitner: 5. Played well against Newcastle but went downhill from there.

Rupp: 5. Hasn't impressed but seems to be improving slightly.

Stiepermann: 4.5: Did OK in the Man City game, but has been largely ineffective otherwise.

Duda: 4. Would've scored on his debut but for Cook's great 'save', but the less said about the rest of his performances the better.

Hernandez: 5.5. Has often looked bright and threatening, but lacked end product.

Buendia: 6. Has shown glimpses of his talent but has lacked consistency (and goals).

Cantwell: 7. Stepped up in a way that nobody expected. Looks comfortable at this level.

Roberts: N/A.

Pukki: 6.5. Started the season in red-hot form but has faded badly.

Drmic: 4. Doesn't seem to possess technical skill, speed or strength. Usually a total passenger.

Idah: N/A.

Farke: 5. Has been too stubborn and often out-thought by more experienced, flexible coaches.

• Like 2