Has anyone heard when this will be released? Probably after the season has ended. I saw a clip the other day off an old game and we played in obviously yellow shirts, green shorts and green socks. Can’t remember what year it was. Thought the green socks actually looked nice. 

For some reason we aways seem to release ours months after every one else has.

Spoilers- It will be green and yellow. Serious though, I wouldent mind a return to the dark greens and yellows, mustard yellow would be neat, much prefer it to the almost neon colours we have had in recent years.

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

For some reason we aways seem to release ours months after every one else has.

Spoilers- It will be green and yellow. Serious though, I wouldent mind a return to the dark greens and yellows, mustard yellow would be neat, much prefer it to the almost neon colours we have had in recent years.

That pale lemon yellow of the Asics kit is actually my favourite. I don't like them too 'orangey'.

• Like 1

I had a rush of inspiration the other day and put together a reimagining of the classic Adidas pinstripes kit. Don't know why but I'm drawn to it, would be a stark contract with the 'fade effect' modern kit from this season, and I think we could do with washing a bit of this season off. For that reason I also think that we won't see anything new on the kit front until after the final whistle has gone at the Etihad- get it away from any negative associations with what has turned out to be a really dour return to football.

Thing is, Errea pretty much do our kits completely bespoke so the days of being able to successfully guess what it will look like essentially has boiled down to what Cambridge says- yellow with green bits.

I still love our 1981 Adidas kit, the away white shirts with green pin stripes brilliant.

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

I still love our 1981 Adidas kit, the away white shirts with green pin stripes brilliant.

They've removed the pinstripe retro shirt from the leisurewear catalogue only recently. I'm not as ITK about these things as I used to be, but, this is my strong suspicion.

Edited by Mason 47

We did have a pinstripe away kit a few seasons ago, but I’m really surprised we haven’t had a retro home kit paying homage to the old pinstripe kits of the 80’s yet. I’m sure the club shop must hear this a lot, and you’d therefore think they’d seize the opportunity to buffer their coffers further by replicating a true fan’s favourite. Arsenal did the same this season and I heard it’s one of their biggest selling shirts of recent times.

We need less green in our kit. We always do badly when there’s too much green in our home kit. Call me superstitious but oddly this always seems to be the case....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clint said:

We need less green in our kit. We always do badly when there’s too much green in our home kit. Call me superstitious but oddly this always seems to be the case....

100%... very high correlation between terrible seasons and too much green. We also didn't do too great when we wore all yellow either... lets get back to mainly yellow shirts and plain green shorts  - and no away kit needed. 

Edited by Surfer

On 06/07/2020 at 21:56, Indy said:

Yep, my all time favourite kit closely followed by the hummel one

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Yep, my all time favourite kit closely followed by the hummel one

Absolutely love the Hummel kit too, I have the away Admiral retro shirt from late 70s love that too.....but I wish Adidas would launch a set of Originals Football shirts, I’d love buy the away white shirt with pin stripes.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Absolutely love the Hummel kit too, I have the away Admiral retro shirt from late 70s love that too.....but I wish Adidas would launch a set of Originals Football shirts, I’d love buy the away white shirt with pin stripes.

You can get one of the Adidas ones from sh.carousel.com, although it's in dollars

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

You can get one of the Adidas ones from sh.carousel.com, although it's in dollars

I’ll take a look, thanks.👍🍻