Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Just looked at Norwich City Facebook

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No. Genuine answer . 

Hogesar's previous post is more or less exactly what I'd reply to this.

If you'd ever read the club's official Facebook page, I'm sure you'd understand why people are calling into question the intelligence levels of large numbers of its users.

It is a special kind of intellectual snobbery when you claim to have a greater intellect than someone else just because they have a differing view to someone else.

i have an IQ in the genius range yet my cognitive ability is regularly challenged on here by people who clearly suffer from retardation 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

The Facebook group / pages are home to the uhh... "simpler" norfolk folk - to put it politely. Occasionally respond to the posts on their when they're full of mistruths and depressingly inaccurate observationd but for anyone wondering - avoid at all costs.

By "simple" you mean anybody who doesn't agree with you?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

It is a special kind of intellectual snobbery when you claim to have a greater intellect than someone else just because they have a differing view to someone else.

^ This. Evidence provided by Hogesar.  

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Yeeezzz 

I guess being ‘simple’ I have been looking at the table the wrong way and we actually won loads of games 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

i have an IQ in the genius range yet my cognitive ability is regularly challenged on here by people who clearly suffer from retardation 

Probably because most of your posts are either complaining about the scampi portions in the Gunn club, or requesting that a stinking rich Chinese investor buys the club.

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

By "simple" you mean anybody who doesn't agree with you?

Nope. Read my previous post. If you can.

49 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I love it when a norwich fan adopts a superior position to other fans . This happens across the piece and on all platforms. It used to be on the terraces , bars ,trains and now it’s social media .
Peoples measurement of intellect is the most interesting of all.  People genuinely seem to believe they are more intelligent than those with an opposing view. 
As for a comment like “the simpler Norfolk Folk” I’m afraid that says more about the person saying it than the “folk” . 
People can say what they like (within reasonable boundaries ) . An assumption of superiority is a very dangerous and unpleasant place to be. Have a read of a book called Superior by Angela Saini if you are not too busy saving the world due to your enormous brain. 

PS I’m not on Facebook . 

" Simpler Norfolk folk " sounds like the village oik in a stained smock deliberately falling off a wall for the benefit of each passing tourist 🙂

( anyway me and GPB are far far superior to the great unwashed as we're much too intellectual to be on Facebook 😉 )

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

" Simpler Norfolk folk " sounds like the village oik in a stained smock deliberately falling off a wall for the benefit of each passing tourist 🙂

( anyway me and GPB are far far superior to the great unwashed as we're much too intellectual to be on Facebook 😉 )

Too right Smithy . We is well brainy. 😂

15 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This could run and run....

Yes Smithy, I see this one runnering and runnering too

33 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am the opposite. I have a low IQ but even I can see some posters on here and fakebook shouldn't be allowed anywhere near safety scissors let alone a social media site.

• Haha 1

Social media and fan forums are the new terraces. Get used to it.

I tend to avoid posting on Bookface and Twatter only even look to get an early view of the team selection. Very quickly can you find someone's identity and even find out who they work for. 

51 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This could run and run....

😂 Haha. My fun’s over, back to talking Norwich (with equal level fans, who are also entitled to an opinion).

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

You’ve missed an apostrophe. Careful, the grammar police are coming!

I've only looked at the NCFC Facebook page a few times, and that's more than enough for me to know it's an absolute waste of time trying to have any kind of sensible discourse on there. This place is like an Oxbridge debating society by comparison.

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

Yeeezzz 

I guess being ‘simple’ I have been looking at the table the wrong way and we actually won loads of games 🤷‍♂️

No room for good old 'simple' common sense on here mate. 

Instead we have to buy into an imaginary project and compare ourselves to Barcelona. 

Rather be simple than join it with that cringey drivel. 

Unfortunately our "innovative guerilla tactics" didn't work this season and we look no closer to winning the Champions League. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You’ve missed an apostrophe. Careful, the grammar police are coming!

Too right we are.

Never mind the apostrophe.........it’s the lower case ‘ i ‘ and no full stop in the last sentence making us incandescant 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No room for good old 'simple' common sense on here mate. 

Instead we have to buy into an imaginary project and compare ourselves to Barcelona. 

Rather be simple than join it with that cringey drivel. 

Unfortunately our "innovative guerilla tactics" didn't work this season and we look no closer to winning the Champions League. 

It's a real project, and you have been presented with no small amount of evidence to prove its existence.

I don't understand why you can't just accept that the project exists, but tell us why you don't agree with it? That's a much more valid position than continuing to propagate the view that we do not have a project with a long-term strategic vision.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Too right we are.

Never mind the apostrophe.........it’s the lower case ‘ i ‘ and no full stop in the last sentence making us incandescant 😉

*incandescent

😛

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Probably because most of your posts are either complaining about the scampi portions in the Gunn club, or requesting that a stinking rich Chinese investor buys the club.

Pray tell , what is wrong with that? 

I do occasionally mention how over rated Todd Cantwell is as well.

innit

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a real project, and you have been presented with no small amount of evidence to prove its existence.

I don't understand why you can't just accept that the project exists, but tell us why you don't agree with it? That's a much more valid position than continuing to propagate the view that we do not have a project with a long-term strategic vision.

I think the onus is on believers to describe 'the project' and how signing 29 year old until Summer 2022 and Drmic on a 3 year deal fits into that if the explanation involves building a team for the next, say, 5 years.... which is the only project I'd be slightest bit interested in. 

Of course, the project manager is leaving in summer 2022, so I assume not. 

Rupp and Drmic here for as long as Webber. Lofty ambitions! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think the onus is on believers to describe 'the project' and how signing 29 year old until Summer 2022 and Drmic on a 3 year deal fits into that if the explanation involves building a team for the next, say, 5 years.... which is the only project I'd be slightest bit interested in. 

So what you're saying is that because you don't agree with a couple of the transfers we've made, you're not interested in the project.

I think we're getting a bit closer to the truth, shall we keep going?

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

So what you're saying is that because you don't agree with a couple of the transfers we've made, you're not interested in the project.

What project? 

Oh, another person who can't explain it.

I suppose like Scientology you don't really understand it until you reach the senior levels, by which stage you wasted a lot of time and money and realise it's a load of ****. 

I'm glad you are getting closer to 'the truth', I hope 'the project' gives you what you are looking for. 

I know of a 'five year plan', only we started it in the Championship and we'll be in the Championship in year four... So I don't think that one can be on track, unless the plan wasn't very ambitious. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Stop Trying GIFs | Tenor

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What project? 

Oh, another person who can't explain it.

I suppose like Scientology you don't really understand it until you reach the senior levels, by which stage you wasted a lot of time and money and realise it's a load of ****. 

I'm glad you are getting closer to 'the truth', I hope 'the project' gives you what you are looking for. 

The project to establish Norwich City FC as a self-sustained top 26 club, as outlined by Stuart Webber upon his arrival in 2017. There have been myriad examples of his reference to this project and the means set out to attempt to accomplish this, all of which you have ignored and will continue to ignore because you're so deeply entrenched in your own ignorance that all you can do is fart out the same old rhetoric about how there is no project.

It's on my 'long list' of things to do to compile a dossier of quotes from Webber, Farke, Smith & Jones and the rest of the club's hierarchy about the strategy we have employed since Webber arrived in 2017, to provide incontrovertible evidence of the project, its aims and its methods.

And, for the avoidance of doubt, I will do this not because I worship the ground Webber and Farke walk on (because I don't), but because I'm sick and tired of historical revisionists like you trying to hoodwink similarly narrow-minded people into believing there is no plan behind what we have been doing, are doing, and will continue to do to try to make this club the best it can be.

Until I can find time to do that, feel free to do some research of your own rather than keep imploring everyone else to present you with evidence that you will consequently ignore or manipulate.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Social media and fan forums are the new terraces. Get used to it.

I tend to avoid posting on Bookface and Twatter only even look to get an early view of the team selection. Very quickly can you find someone's identity and even find out who they work for. 

Does that matter though? I act like a bit of a d!ck on here at times, just as I do away from the keyboard and I've gotten in a fair few spats on here with people I think are d!ckheads, but I've never felt the need to have to protect my identity. If you feel the need to hide who you are because of what you're posting, then you probably shouldn't be posting that sort of stuff in the first place. If you rung my employer and said, "Danny has been saying horrible things to me on a football message board because I voted Brexit/am a Tory/think Duda is really good/want Delia gone/want Farke sacked" then my boss or any of the company directors would say, "Yep, sounds about right, he's the same at work".

I'd happily meet with any of the people I've had a scrape with on here and I'm sure it would be an enjoyable experience. They probably wouldn't like me and I them, but who doesn't enjoy a good old debate about a football club we all love over a pint (you'll just have to get over the fact that mine will be a mass-produced, fizzy lager). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The project to establish Norwich City FC as outlined by Stuart Webber upon his arrival in 2017. There have been myriad examples of his reference to this project and the means set out to attempt to accomplish this, all of which you have ignored and will continue to ignore because you're so deeply entrenched in your own ignorance that all you can do is fart out the same old rhetoric about how there is no project.

It's on my 'long list' of things to do to compile a dossier of quotes from Webber, Farke, Smith & Jones and the rest of the club's hierarchy about the strategy we have employed since Webber arrived in 2017, to provide incontrovertible evidence of the project, its aims and its methods.

And, for the avoidance of doubt, I will do this not because I worship the ground Webber and Farke walk on (because I don't), but because I'm sick and tired of historical revisionists like you trying to hoodwink similarly narrow-minded people into believing there is no plan behind what we have been doing, are doing, and will continue to do to try to make this club the best it can be.

Until I can find time to do that, feel free to do some research of your own rather than keep imploring everyone else to present you with evidence that you will consequently ignore or manipulate.

The only project as I understand it is to achieve self-sufficiency in order to enable Tom Smith, man of little means, to own the club.

This will have to be achieved by achieving a steady stream of academy products to sell. 

Only, I can't get excited by that as the fans have bailed out the club 4 times under Delia and it would only take a baron spell / a year with no Lewis/Cantwell breakthrough to cause a cash crisis and require a bail out again. 

In terms of progress on the pitch, they were pretty much happy with where we were at... 28th we were. Top 26 the target. We essentially accept our existing average level. 

If that's the project then it doesn't excite me, and other than refunding an academy that Delia defunded.... I don't see what's special or unusual about it. I note that it isn't particular ambitious. 

I mean, it's good that our academy will be more productive. Would prefer a wealthier owner being able to underwrite difficult periods to ensure we don't have to constantly tear sides apart and never progress on the footballing side rather than have to cash in on those assets or pass the begging bowl whenever we have a cashflow crisis. 

The project feels very much just feels like leaving Tom Smith with a decent footballing structure to give him a fighting chance after the handover. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The only project as I understand it is to achieve self-sufficiency in order to enable Tom Smith, man of little means, to own the club.

This will have to be achieved by achieving a steady stream of academy products to sell. 

Only, I can't get excited by that as the fans have bailed out the club 4 times and it would only take a baron spell / a year with no Lewis/Cantwell breakthrough to require a bail out again. 

In terms of progress on the pitch, they were pretty much happy with where we were at... 28th we were. Top 26 the target. We essentially accept our existing average level. 

If that's the project then it doesn't excite me, and other than refunding an academy that Delia defunded.... I don't see what's special or unusual about it. I note that it isn't particular ambitious. 

I mean, it's good that our academy will be more productive. Would prefer a wealthier owner being able to underwrite difficult periods rather than have to cash in on assets or pass the begging bowl whenever we have a cashflow crisis.

The project feels very much just feels like leaving Tom Smith with a decent footballing structure to give him a fighting chance after the handover. 

It's high risk.

This is a lot more conducive to a reasonable discussion. I'll reply in more detail later 👍