Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Just looked at Norwich City Facebook

It seems that a lot of fans agree with me (this is not good enough) and very few agree with happy clappers.

perhaps it is worth a read for the ‘blind’ 

7 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

It seems that a lot of fans agree with me (this is not good enough) and very few agree with happy clappers.

perhaps it is worth a read for the ‘blind’

EVERY  time I've looked on the facebook sites, they are full of absolute puerile nonsense. People might think this site is bad, but it is nothing compared to the facebook fan sites.  Any decent debate on facebook quickly becomes childish prattle - people should value this forum because it is the best place to discuss things properly, despite the occasional spats and bickering.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

Nobody is saying this is good enough.

You clearly never read the posts of LDC 😁

The Facebook group / pages are home to the uhh... "simpler" norfolk folk - to put it politely. Occasionally respond to the posts on their when they're full of mistruths and depressingly inaccurate observationd but for anyone wondering - avoid at all costs.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The Facebook group / pages are home to the uhh... "simpler" norfolk folk - to put it politely. Occasionally respond to the posts on their when they're full of mistruths and depressingly inaccurate observationd but for anyone wondering - avoid at all costs.

Simpler norfolk folk... eg our season ticket supporters rather than the Pink Un radio listeners?!

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

He probably means you.

I was trying to be polite Herman 🙂

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

At least I bought a season ticket. Did I hear you both on canary call? I thought so. 🤣

I've got a season ticket, some shares, a replica shirt, a scarf, an away membership and a very big telly.

You're a bit of a lightweight. 🙂

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

At least I bought a season ticket. Did I hear you both on canary call? I thought so. 🤣

Mate you should join the other thread where someone is refusing to give credit to Farke for last season because our striker scored some goals, you'd fit right in.

• Like 1

In times like these, it always amuses me that the good season is always the blip, and the bad season is actually the reality ha ha

• Haha 1

There is no doubt the games after lockdown have more than a few questions about what is going on.

we are down but trying to end the season on a high is important or I fear that we will be in for a tumultuous season

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

If only they was as amazing and intelligent as you!

Definitely feels like the mood has changed somewhat. This forum usually swings to the "positive" side but it's clear that our poor run of results, turgid displays and record-breaking-low season points tally has resulted in a large outcry from the fanbase.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Spot on.

The Norwich City Facebook page is full of idiots who were even moaning when we were winning last season. It was the negativity and sheer stupidity of a large number of them that made me come back to this site where the majority of people are actually intelligent.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Spot on.

The Norwich City Facebook page is full of idiots who were even moaning when we were winning last season. It was the negativity and sheer stupidity of a large number of them that made me come back to this site where the majority of people are actually intelligent.

I was going to say the same thing actually, Wacky. Don’t know why but those FB groups do seem to largely attract a certain type. But I’ve not looked at those for many months now. At least on here, apart from some suspicious posters who’s accounts disappear as quickly as they appear, whichever way you feel about the club going forward, it is largely made of very good posters. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

If only they was as amazing and intelligent as you!

were*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A few people commenting negatively  on this forum and on Facebook now constitutes "a large outcry from the fanbase", it says an awful lot about the kind of society we live in and it is very depressing. Yes overall the season has been disappointing, particularly since the restart, but as I said elsewhere in the grand scheme of things it means absolutely nothing. If people want to get bent out of shape about it then fine, but please stop making stuff up about player revolts, losing the dressing room and large outcries, 30/40 people negatively commenting on here is not any kind of indicator to the overall mood of the thousands of season ticket holders and hundreds of supporters up and down the country and across the world any more than a similar number commenting positively. As for the Norwich Facebook page  anybody on Facebook can comment on there, regardless of who they support and regardless of their interest in football, so anybody using that as an example or yardstick is plain daft...............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

A few people commenting negatively  on this forum and on Facebook now constitutes "a large outcry from the fanbase", it says an awful to about the kind of society we live in and it is very depressing. Yes overall the season has been disappointing, particularly since the restart, but as I said elsewhere in the grand scheme of things it means absolutely nothing. If people want to get bent out of shape about it then fine, but please stop making stuff up about player revolts, losing the dressing room and large outcries, 30/40 people negatively commenting on here is not any kind of indicator to the overall mood of the thousands of season ticket holders and hundreds of supporters up and down the country and across the world any more than a similar number commenting positively. As for the Norwich Facebook page  anybody on Facebook can comment on there, regardless of who they support and regardless of their interest in football, so anybody using that as an example or yardstick is pain daft...............

Good post. The Facebook stuff isn't representative and most of them don't attend games so have no impact on the crowd actually at games.

Wundaboy is perhaps exaggurating because for a team bottom of the table there's still quite a good amount of optimism across this forum and the fanbase in general. Whats important to note is the OTT negativity on here is generally from the same trolls that have been the same for years, and just go quiet during the good times!

I love it when a norwich fan adopts a superior position to other fans . This happens across the piece and on all platforms. It used to be on the terraces , bars ,trains and now it’s social media .
Peoples measurement of intellect is the most interesting of all.  People genuinely seem to believe they are more intelligent than those with an opposing view. 
As for a comment like “the simpler Norfolk Folk” I’m afraid that says more about the person saying it than the “folk” . 
People can say what they like (within reasonable boundaries ) . An assumption of superiority is a very dangerous and unpleasant place to be. Have a read of a book called Superior by Angela Saini if you are not too busy saving the world due to your enormous brain. 

PS I’m not on Facebook . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I love it when a norwich fan adopts a superior position to other fans . This happens across the piece and on all platforms. It used to be on the terraces , bars ,trains and now it’s social media .
Peoples measurement of intellect is the most interesting of all.  People genuinely seem to believe they are more intelligent than those with an opposing view. 
As for a comment like “the simpler Norfolk Folk” I’m afraid that says more about the person saying it than the “folk” . 

Not necessarily. 

There are several people on this forum that have different views to mine, and they're nearly all intelligent, maybe more so than I.

On the other hand, there's Facebook. Have you ever read the comments on the club's official page? Genuine question.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

People can say what they like (within reasonable boundaries ) . An assumption of superiority is a very dangerous and unpleasant place to be. Have a read of a book called Superior by Angela Saini if you are not too busy saving the world due to you enormous brain. 

I’m not sure how you can say one side of the fan base think they’re ‘superior’ or whatever. I’m pretty sure those that have lost patience quickly will also think that their own opinions are also superior if that is the case.

Edited by Alex Moss

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

People can say what they like (within reasonable boundaries ) . An assumption of superiority is a very dangerous and unpleasant place to be. Have a read of a book called Superior by Angela Saini if you are not too busy saving the world due to your enormous brain. 

PS I’m not on Facebook . 

Sorry but no.

I can disagree with lots of posters on here but they put across a good argument or debate and we talk about it.

If i post something on the Facebook page vaguely positive, I get called, and I quote, a "happy clapper nonce".

So, yes, I do think i'm more intelligent than those on the Facebook group typically. But not because their opinion is different to mine. More that they can't string coherent sentences together and when they do try, it's often surrounded in pointless abuse.

Edited by hogesar
awful grammar, bad timing
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not necessarily. 

There are several people on this forum that have different views to mine, and they're nearly all intelligent, maybe more so than I.

On the other hand, there's Facebook. Have you ever read the comments on the club's official page? Genuine question.

No. Genuine answer .