Sign in to follow this  
daisy

Sinani

Just checked out a highlights video and was impressed. Yes I know it`s a lower standard of football but a very positive player, will be interesting to watch. Check him out before writing him off!

There's a very interesting article on the Athletic from Michael Bailey about the new signings. Without giving the whole article, he's seen as a long term successor to Pukki and has been given extra training to try and get him adjusted to higher levels. Seems his performances in European competitions were the reasons behind our interest.

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There's a very interesting article on the Athletic from Michael Bailey about the new signings. Without giving the whole article, he's seen as a long term successor to Pukki and has been given extra training to try and get him adjusted to higher levels. Seems his performances in European competitions were the reasons behind our interest.

I know virtually nothing about him, but a few on here thought he might have come in as a wide player predominantly rather than a Pukki replacement / competitor - I think he can play wide and through the middle? That seemed to be the main idea (although all guessing on here of course!)... maybe him and Hernandez as the two wide men next season?

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Would you say the athletic is worth the subscription? I have been toying with the idea for a week or so now

53 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I know virtually nothing about him, but a few on here thought he might have come in as a wide player predominantly rather than a Pukki replacement / competitor - I think he can play wide and through the middle? That seemed to be the main idea (although all guessing on here of course!)... maybe him and Hernandez as the two wide men next season?

Pukki is also known as a wide player, having spent a large part of his career as part of a front two playing on the left, which is where we started playing him when he first arrived. Perhaps they will play as part of a front two in a flexible 352 formation, something Farke is supposed to favour as a real option in some, if not many games. 

I would've thought he was being lined up as a possible wide player to replace either Buendia or Cantwell rather than as an out and out forward.