Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Do Duda and Drmic have a "certain number of starts" clause in their contracts?

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I don't know either.

But since it's such a stupid idea, I say No.

Well I've borrowed Lakey's contrarianism for the morning and I say yes.

I'd love it if it was the case, as it would mean Farke hasn't temporarily completely lost the plot. 

Still, they say you learn more from your mistakes than your successes, so by that logic Farke could come out of this a genius. 

It certainly appears that some people here seem to think they have a “certain number of starts” clause in terms of threads on this site....

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

With Drmic no. With Duda it isn't impossible.

Liverpool are well known for loan clauses that make their players a great deal more expensive if they aren't starting games and I don't think it's uncommon. Could be the case with Duda as Herta (at the time) probably wanted to sell him or get him in the shop window as the manager didnt rate him.

I'm convinced that Drmic is blackmailing DF! 

Something like "you will start me or I will play my music again" 

• Haha 2

Maybe we could loan Drmic out to Kings Lynn reserves next season? 

Certainly don't want to see him play for City again. 

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

With Drmic no. With Duda it isn't impossible.

Liverpool are well known for loan clauses that make their players a great deal more expensive if they aren't starting games and I don't think it's uncommon. Could be the case with Duda as Herta (at the time) probably wanted to sell him or get him in the shop window as the manager didnt rate him.

I think it's possible for a loan player, especially a young dude where the parent club wants game time. I'd be surprised if Duda was the case. Probably more of the case that the club don"t want to be seen to have ballsed up another loan opportunity like Roberts and Amadou.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think it's possible for a loan player, especially a young dude where the parent club wants game time. I'd be surprised if Duda was the case. Probably more of the case that the club don"t want to be seen to have ballsed up another loan opportunity like Roberts and Amadou.

Yea, I know it seems like a little bit of a reach. I just don't think he's shown anything since the first 45 against Bournemouth to really justify being picked as a player that DEFINITELY won't be with us next year, instead of someone who potentially will- Vrancic, Stiepermann, play Rupp and move one of the young'uns to #10, or even Idah.

I don't really see that Hertha (or Duda for that matter) would have agreed to the loan unless there was a real incentive for him to be playing and put himself in the shop window, and God knows he hasn't shown he's worth the start thus far.

I don't want to see Duda play for us again. Not here next season, so no reason to play him in terms of team development and his contribution since he arrived has been poor - his set pieces some of the worst I have seen. Give the others some PL experience.

As for Drmic, he is one of ours for next season, but it is hard to see much in him. Maybe the plan is to give him as much time as possible on the pitch to try and get him up to speed, but I'd rather see a young Idah get the experience. 

• Like 3