Sign in to follow this  
Bill

B'mouth, Villa, Watford, West Ham.....

I like that we are run as a business and not just some pet project for a stinking rich investor

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I like that we are run as a business and not just some pet project for a stinking rich investor

And there we have it, run as a business.

The club is losing me I have to say. 40 years a fan, many of that a season ticket holder. 

I don't know I've ever known such a focus on the money.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The club is losing me I have to say. 40 years a fan, many of that a season ticket holder. 

Rather be a decent business than liquidated 

Of course it's run as a business. What do people think a multi-million pound football club should be run as?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Pretty sure now it's going to be Villa and Bournmouth going down with us.

Much as I would love to see West ham go down, Villa going down is pretty amusing. Will be interesting to see how they cope given the 100M plus spend.

As said before my drinking buddy is a Watford fan. His argument is £125 million for 5 years in the prem is small fry when you look at villa and others. Villa have one asset in Grealish who no matter how horrible a person he seems he is a good football player and will fetch a big price. Watford have a whole squad worth of players out on loan and some are attracting big offers. The one he keeps going on about is Pervis Estupian who is rated one of the best left backs in Spain (rumours Man u and Spurs interested) and still hasn't played a game for Watford. Also Luis Suarez (not that one) again playing in Spain. Sarr who did cost them a lot of money would leave for a profit on his Liverpool performance alone. I can't see Watford as being big spenders. As for villa West ham and Bournemouth I think financially they will be in big trouble if they went down. 

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will be interesting to see how they cope given the 100M plus spend.

The question is how much of that spend is still owed out as instalment payments and how big is their wage bill ?

Like us, and whoever else, they will receive around £60m less in TV money so aside from lower sponsorship etc

They will have to cut back on wages and/or sell players to make up that deficit

If Bournemouth come down they will also have to make up that cut, as well as find the money for what was a £79m outstanding payments bill in June 2019

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What's the source of your constant anger South Sider? 

Did your ex wife take everything in the divorce? Or have you never found a girl willing to put up with your micropenis? 

A superbly intellectual retort. I expect nothing less.

1 hour ago, Canaries north said:

As said before my drinking buddy is a Watford fan. His argument is £125 million for 5 years in the prem is small fry when you look at villa and others. Villa have one asset in Grealish who no matter how horrible a person he seems he is a good football player and will fetch a big price. Watford have a whole squad worth of players out on loan and some are attracting big offers. The one he keeps going on about is Pervis Estupian who is rated one of the best left backs in Spain (rumours Man u and Spurs interested) and still hasn't played a game for Watford. Also Luis Suarez (not that one) again playing in Spain. Sarr who did cost them a lot of money would leave for a profit on his Liverpool performance alone. I can't see Watford as being big spenders. As for villa West ham and Bournemouth I think financially they will be in big trouble if they went down. 

Yeah, my mates have been talking about Suarez, a goal every 2 games for Zaragoza in the Spanish 2nd division this season. They also keep going on abut Cucho Hernandez who is on loan at Mallorca in La Liga but his stats don't seem as impressive. Not heard about Estupinan, will have to ask them about him on Tuesday.

Watford are operating almost like a mini Chelsea or Man City with the amount of young players they sign for peanuts (often without work permits) on long-term deals, loan out for a couple of years and then sell on for a big profit. In addition to Suarez, Estupinan and Hernandez, they also turned a huge profit on Lukebakio and could potentially have done so for Joao Pedro before he even joined them.

But fair play, it looks like it's working for them.

I would Not want a Super Rich Owner buying 40 million pound players etc and totally losing the NCFC that we all know 

it would be Nice to have a owner who is wealthy enough to have put 20 million of their own money into giving us some funds to spend for this season 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The focus on the money is entirely from the fans. It's still a football club.

For maybe two weeks posters on here were appalled by the money footballers are paid compared to essential workers. Now they want to widen that gap further.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The focus on the money is entirely from the fans. It's still a football club.

For maybe two weeks posters on here were appalled by the money footballers are paid compared to essential workers. Now they want to widen that gap further.

I don't think it's entirely from the fans. There's a lot of focus from Webber and co, which seems to have spilled over onto the fans. The fans now seem more concerned with the money in the bank, 'the project', then what is happening on the pitch. NCFC just talk money, the football side is being neglected. Such a shame as it never used to be like that.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think it's entirely from the fans. There's a lot of focus from Webber and co, which seems to have spilled over onto the fans. The fans now seem more concerned with the money in the bank, 'the project', then what is happening on the pitch. NCFC just talk money, the football side is being neglected. Such a shame as it never used to be like that.

Webber and co respond to the questions asked of them. 

The reason it didn't used to be like that is that other people's money didn't used to be the most important aspect of the game.

I honestly think people would sacrifice everything good about our club for other people's money.

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

A superbly intellectual retort. I expect nothing less.

What TvB is trying to say is yes, he did lie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Dont blame the club for the fans obsession with money and having to constantly answer questions and criticism for not spending enough of it when they're actually focused on making sure you still have a competitive football club to support 

For balance I do want a Stinking rich owner preferably Chinese To power us to premier league and European glory 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think it's entirely from the fans. There's a lot of focus from Webber and co

Isn't that a big aspect of his job?

13 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

My mistake, I thought they had more.

I'm not saying Watford necessarily owe their current status to the owners, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say their lower average spend isn't due in part to their networking.

They sold Granada in 2016-don’t know if it was anything to do with the change in the rules about the number of loan players in the squad-this was changed immediately after they got promoted in 2015 with lots of players on loan from Udinese and Granada.