Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Countdown

9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Just waiting for "someone" to come along and tell us that we're going to win all 5.

And here's a few pointers that says we won't

Brighton have completed their first league double over Norwich since 1951-52

Norwich have failed to score in three consecutive home Premier League games for the first time ever.

Norwich have lost each of their past six games in all competitions, the worst run suffered by Daniel Farke in his managerial career.

Norwich have failed to score in 16 Premier League games this season, more than any other side.

Edited by Making Plans

Laws of average would suggest that the run of defeats will end soon. 

Common sense says we're doomed, but realistically we were doomed when Farke didn't improve the defence last season and continued not learning lessons into the Premier League.

Unfortunately as much as we would all like City to emulate Brazil, our defence is nowhere near Brazil's. 

Watford losing, the dream is still alive. 😜

Edited by Capt. Pants
emoji

On a personal note I accepted relegation months ago (tin hat on, cue happy clapper comments), not sure why there are so many threads full of angst. Relegation is disappointing, of course it is, but in the current situation with so many families losing loved ones, people losing there jobs and livelihoods etc some people just need to get a grip on what is really important. At least our club has a very good chance of surviving financially, so if we are ever allowed back into football grounds at least we will have a club to support........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Today’s Countdown Conundrum...

GETLEADER

RELEGATED

Wish it was that easy when I was on the show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

On a personal note I accepted relegation months ago (tin hat on, cue happy clapper comments), not sure why there are so many threads full of angst. Relegation is disappointing, of course it is, but in the current situation with so many families losing loved ones, people losing there jobs and livelihoods etc some people just need to get a grip on what is really important. At least our club has a very good chance of surviving financially, so if we are ever allowed back into football grounds at least we will have a club to support........

This is a football forum ,not a covid forum yes of course times are hard ,but are relegation is the real issue.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Watford losing, the dream is still alive. 😜

Yes we beat watford then west ham and will be on 27pts of which course looking at the fixtures, villa and bournemouth will have lost both their next 2 games.

Now to make a little more realistic Watford will draw with Newcastle and West ham have picked up a point also 

so its 27,27, 27, 29, 31pts

You see guys you see. With 3 games left the great escape is still on and this is where the magic happens. Just like this.

Watford now lost to West Ham, Man City and Arsenal, lets just give bournemouth a win, villa lose to arsenal and everton and lets have them beat west ham final day.

So its 27(Nor) 29(Wat), 30(Bou), 30(Villa) 34(West), but we've lost to chelsea, drawn against burnley and beat Man City again. 31pts

29(Wat), 30(Bou), 30(Villa), 31pts and safe(Norwich City), 34(West).

There you go guy and gals.

Just like that

CS53628978JPG.jpg.2660c6f447aae520661bb1fd7fae8402.jpg

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Yes we beat watford then west ham and will be on 27pts of which course looking at the fixtures, villa and bournemouth will have lost both their next 2 games.

Now to make a little more realistic Watford will draw with Newcastle and West ham have picked up a point also 

so its 27,27, 27, 29, 31pts

You see guys you see. With 3 games left the great escape is still on and this is where the magic happens. Just like this.

Watford now lost to West Ham, Man City and Arsenal, lets just give bournemouth a win, villa lose to arsenal and everton and lets have them beat west ham final day.

So its 27(Nor) 29(Wat), 30(Bou), 30(Villa) 34(West), but we've lost to chelsea, drawn against burnley and beat Man City again. 31pts

29(Wat), 30(Bou), 30(Villa), 31pts and safe(Norwich City), 34(West).

There you go guy and gals.

Just like that

CS53628978JPG.jpg.2660c6f447aae520661bb1fd7fae8402.jpg

Love it Kiwi.

I had 3 teams on 31points or below in my end of season predictions. And before the return I couldn't have imagined 4 losses for us. Yet victory against the 2 teams next and you're correct. But we're shot of confidence aren't we and have yet to score a goal. We need some strange divine intervention now.

I love the creativity however to find a way. Tommy Cooper's tricks also used to go wrong ...😐 ... didn't they.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Love it Kiwi.

I had 3 teams on 31points or below in my end of season predictions. And before the return I couldn't have imagined 4 losses for us. Yet victory against the 2 teams next and you're correct. But we're shot of confidence aren't we and have yet to score a goal. We need some strange divine intervention now.

I love the creativity however to find a way. Tommy Cooper's tricks also used to go wrong ...😐 ... didn't they.

Just don't jump off the roof dad...

🙃

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Tommy Cooper's tricks also used to go wrong ...😐 ... didn't they.

Just imagine the goals we need to score are like his tricks. They do actually happen in the end.

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just don't jump off the roof dad...

🙃

Or ask for a second opinion nutty...."well, you're ugly too"

Remember that joke 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Just imagine the goals we need to score are like his tricks. They do actually happen in the end.

Yeh, but you would wait and wait for them!

Not sure I could stand 90th minute ones this year should it ever come to that. Jeez, imagine needing one goal at the Emirates in the last few minutes to stay up.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Yeh, but you would wait and wait for them!

Not sure I could stand 90th minute ones this year should it ever come to that. Jeez, imagine needing one goal at the Emirates in the last few minutes to stay up.

And according to my scenario send Villa down.

2 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

And according to my scenario send Villa down.

Well your scenario will keep me going a bit longer then (until about 9.40pm this Wednesday I reckon 😉... but hopefully longer)

1 hour ago, Canary dwarf said:

This is a football forum ,not a covid forum yes of course times are hard ,but are relegation is the real issue.

It is indeed, and what we are seeing right now is not football in any meaningful way, due to Covid. 

We were down before the enforced break, what's happening now isn equal parts pointless and irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

It is indeed, and what we are seeing right now is not football in any meaningful way, due to Covid. 

We were down before the enforced break, what's happening now isn equal parts pointless and irrelevant. 

I hate it. Can't watch it. Don't have Sky or BT. Don't want them either.

I love the optimism guys! 

The thing that I think is really heart wrenching isn't the fact we are getting closer and closer to relegation but the manner in which we are doing it. There's no fight, no sense of urgency and no good football. We are condoning ourselves to championship football by playing it. It's one dimensional squit. 

I like the scenario Kiwi but I don't see Watford sinking that easily. 

If we can get a performance next game that sparks some joy that'd be a start. 

6 hours ago, Number9 said:

Laws of average would suggest that the run of defeats will end soon. 

Common sense says we're doomed, but realistically we were doomed when Farke didn't improve the defence last season and continued not learning lessons into the Premier League.

Unfortunately as much as we would all like City to emulate Brazil, our defence is nowhere near Brazil's. 

I think our defence is very much like Brazil's... when they lost 7-1 to Germany.

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

@lake district canary

Get in here with us..

🙃

Beyond what even I think is realistically possible, but I'm in. Football is a strange old game - at the moment more than ever. If results continue to go for us and we can manufacture some wins, then the dream would be on.  I think everyone after yesterday thought that is it....and maybe that will free the players minds to go out and express themselves without pressure, which is how we play at our best - just go out and enjoy it with a smile on their face and who knows - we definitely have the players to do it if they can get back to the way we were last season and against Man City this season.....and we have a history of beating Man City on the last day of the season when they had nothing to play for.........

9 hours ago, sonyc said:

Love it Kiwi.

This is all about expectations. So if we all expect no more goals or points then anything more than that will make us happy. Watching the game yesterday I could not get excited and just thought it was going to be another defeat, as it turned out to be. 

You have shown we can still escape but let's not expect it because if we do, we will continue to be depressed and disappointed. 

9 hours ago, sonyc said:

I’d be quite relaxed with that but be tense watching proceedings at the Etihad.....😉

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I’d be quite relaxed with that but be tense watching proceedings at the Etihad.....😉

It was late at night when Kiwi posted and I replied in defence your honour! Yep, Etihad it should have been😐

10 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Apologies* for the pedantry but it is our not are.

*I'm not apologetic at all.

Just now, sonyc said:

It was late at night when Kiwi posted and I replied in defence your honour! Yep, Etihad it should have been😐

The extenuating circumstances arising from the stress of being a Norwich supporter can be accepted by His Honour. The accused is acquitted and free to go.....🙂

• Like 1