Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Team next season?

Supposedly we have sniped Matthew Dennis from Arsenal. Extremely highly rated, can play right back but more prominently a right winger- fans are livid at the prospect he left to come to us.

I imagine our RB options will be Byram, Jordan Thomas and Dennis; a good-value pro but injury prone pro as the starter and two young guns itching to take his place.

It was said by local media that we have deals 'waiting to announce when, now discounting the if, return to the Championship is confirmed'- I think this probably includes the Mumba deal but also some decent players for that level ready to step into the shoes of the soon-to-depart. If the ITK I follow is correct, we planned to make quite a statement with our spending this coming summer after the strategy this year went so far off the rails, but that was pre-COVID so who knows.

I have also seen a lot of smoke that Mclean is off to Rangers.

49 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I’m very interested to see what happens to our squad this summer. Webber has said that we will only sell players if necessary as we want to keep as strong a squad as possible in order to try and go straight back up but if we get a big enough offer I think we will take it. If we do sell any of our best players though I hope it will be very few and for a minimum of £30 - £40m each.

I think we will sell Aarons and Cantwell, those are the only two that have shown they can step up to the quality demands of the EPL. Therefore I see Buendia staying. Pukki I agree is more valuable to Norwich than any transfer fee, and one of his career goals is to play for Finland in the Euros - so he needs to play regularly and score goals, which he will if he is partnered with Buendia. 

Hanley and Klose could both leave if finances get tight, Zimmerman and Godfrey were our best pair last year anyway, and I could see Lewis going into a back three occasionally. Byram to start on the right and Lewis or McCullum on the left. Goalkeeper wise, I expect Krul will stay but if he does go to Shalke or elsewhere, we will need to sign someone as McGovern may be a nice guy but he's pretty hopeless in goal.

Tettey, Vrancic, McClean, Rupp and Hernandez can stay but Trybull, Stieperman and Hanley will all go IMO.

Krul

Byram    Zimmerman       Godfrey           Lewis                                                     

McClean        Tettey           Vrancic

Buendia     Hernandez

Pukki 

or 

Krul

Zimmerman       Godfrey            Lewis          

Byram                                                               McCullum          

McClean      Vrancic          

Buendia                                              Hernandez

Pukki 

Edited by Surfer

Covid is the big unknown at this stage and the club will surely have to plan accordingly. What's our revenue going to be if it's BCD for a chunk, or heaven forbid, all of next season? 

It's potentially fooked all of our plans for next season and beyond, so we may have to sell more than we were anticipating. 

Unfortunately I think the reaction of fans over the last few weeks has turned a lot of players heads. Before lock down I was pretty much convinced most players would want to stay. I fear that will no longer be the case and the bond of closeness in our club has gone and this project will never be completed.

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

True, but we can afford significantly higher salaries with parachute payments alone. Unlike any other club that comes down we wont have an average salary of something in the region or 40k, we will be half that 

Player sales will be like a bonus next season. I know that all of the funds won’t be released, but they could be surprising us next season.

15 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Supposedly we have sniped Matthew Dennis from Arsenal. Extremely highly rated, can play right back but more prominently a right winger- fans are livid at the prospect he left to come to us.

Not heard this one about Dennis and know absolutely nothing about him?

Seems we are really targeting young players but I hope we have that experience added to help. Arsenal fans apparently livid re Dennis. Sunderland fans feel the same about Mumba. Not yet signed but we are making the right moves. We have had to play young players out of necessity and that is gonna reap benefits. Look at the young kid at Arsenal , Saka, 18 and playing regular. If we cant do that with players in the championship then something is wrong. This pandemic is going to change the way football is. Young footballers and developing them is the way and Norwich are ahead of a lot of teams in doing this.

Next season I reckon our average age will be 22 - 23 which imo is fantastic.

Could be exciting and I am sure it will be

22 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Interestingly Newsnow ars reporting that Lewis only on £5k a week, that would surprise me if it was as little as that.

Thats £250, 000 a year...

23 hours ago, Tommo said:

The team does need a shake up - for Farke to be able to move forwards he needs to move those on that are sought after by the prem clubs (getting as much as we can) and those that will expect to be first team but are just not good enough for the prem as shown this season. 

This season has shown that we have some ok individuals but they have lost that team ethic and spirit - they don’t believe they can come back and break teams down when the opposition go one up. The youthfulness and inexperience of the team hasn’t helped.

players out 

- Buendia

- Aarons

- Cantwell

- Lewis 

- Pukki 

- McLean 

- Tettey - retire 

- Drmic

- Stiepermann

- Leitner

- squad players ( Raggett, Thompson, Morris etc)

Div 1here we come

11 hours ago, Well b back said:

Unfortunately I think the reaction of fans over the last few weeks has turned a lot of players heads. Before lock down I was pretty much convinced most players would want to stay. I fear that will no longer be the case and the bond of closeness in our club has gone and this project will never be completed.

Utter rubbish, there’s been no crowds turning on them and we constantly hear how players aren’t influenced by social media, forums etc. The younger players who’ve performed relatively well this season and have earned their moves will leave regardless of what we wrote on the internet. Of course if the players do read this and do care: “Duda, you’re crap, go back to your parent club!”

Krul

Zimmermann Godfrey  Klose

Byram   Rupp  Vrancic McLean  Hernandez                                   

Pukki   Idah

I have a feeling we’ll see a total change. The manager said as much about wanting to be here.

I think we’ll be shocked at the team.

Krull

Byram, Hanley, Zimmermann, Lewis

Sitti, Tettey

Sinani, Buendia, Hernandez

Idah.

53 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hypothetical question...if nobody left and we started next season with pretty much the same team that got 90 odd points and 90 odd goals last season, how do you think we'd do??

We would win the league, providing all the players are here because they want to be. We'll need the same spirit as that shown 2018/19.

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I have a feeling we’ll see a total change. The manager said as much about wanting to be here.

He did? A lot of commentary seems too be based on that. What exactly did he say?

Edited by Surfer

The boys on TNC made a good point on saturday about certain players. If your Leitner, Vrancic, Stiepermann etc who played  a big role in getting us promoted then hardly getting a kick once getting to the prem then what's your mindset for another season in the championship.

I think we could see a big turn around in players this summer.

You've the guys out on loan who probably wont play for us again. Raggett, Heise, Thompson, Morris.

You've got the younger guys attracting the big guns. Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Cantwell, Buendia.

Youve got the foreign guys (big earners, internationals with a big tournament next summer) who maybe dont want another season in the championship Krul, Klose, Drmic, Pukki.

Then you have the likes of Leitner, Vrancic, Stiepermann who have hardly been used despite what they achieved the season before.

Are players such as Sinani, Siti, Gilmour, Martin, Famewo, Adshead etc ready to make the step up to playing regularly for the first team.

Anything that mimics Sheffield Utd's approach to being promoted. A proper plan, team spirit and total faith in the Manager by fans, squad and Board.

There's really three categories of players who could not be here in 2020-2021:

1. Players the Club Has to Sell: Prior to COVID-19, there weren't any players in category #1. We were set. Now, we're in a place where we need to probably get some cash in, but due to there being multiple sellable assets in category #3, worrying about who is in category #1 is probably moot.

2. Players the Club Wants to Drop: I suspect there are multiple players in category #2. I'd list, in rough order of prominence, the likes of Morris, Raggett, Heise, Leitner, and Trybull. And then some of the kids of course. Just on a hunch ... I'd put Vrancic in this category as well as I think he could get a decent enough fee to a German or Italian club where his talents might be better suited. But maybe not. We already know his technical ability is very useful in the Championship. I suspect that Farke would still like to see what's in Thompson so he doesn't leave either. And I also feel that Stiepermann still has usefulness. Tettey will be allowed to finish out his career as a Canary, with a lovely final send-off I'm already looking forward to. McClean is too useful as a utility player, Rupp the same, etc.

3. Players that Want to Leave: This is, of course, the major unknown category. I still hold out hope that behind the scenes the atmosphere is good and that most of the players are honest with their multiple positive comments regarding Farke, the club, the city, etc. I'd expect 2 of Aarons, Cantwell, and Buendia to leave for fairly big fees. Enough to cover any losses and then some. Truthfully, with green and yellow glasses on mind, I don't think any of those 3 really should go at this point. Maybe Aarons but I don't see a great landing spot for one of the top teams (which is what he should be aiming for).

So ... I'd expect of those that have seen major 1st team action this season to lose just 4-5. But who knows!? Give us 1 quality CB, 1 quality CM, and 1 quality wide player and I think we have a strong chance of promotion.

Apparently we're on the verge of signing a Danish defensive midfielder to add to Tettey, Trybull, Rupp and Thompson, and probably a couple of others. Trybull or Thompson to make way? 

On 04/07/2020 at 19:14, Tommo said:

The team does need a shake up - for Farke to be able to move forwards he needs to move those on that are sought after by the prem clubs (getting as much as we can) and those that will expect to be first team but are just not good enough for the prem as shown this season. 

This season has shown that we have some ok individuals but they have lost that team ethic and spirit - they don’t believe they can come back and break teams down when the opposition go one up. The youthfulness and inexperience of the team hasn’t helped.

players out 

- Buendia

- Aarons

- Cantwell

- Lewis 

- Pukki 

- McLean 

- Tettey - retire 

- Drmic

- Stiepermann

- Leitner

- squad players ( Raggett, Thompson, Morris etc)

If they All Leave and that is Possible !

the club will have to spend big due to sky money plus transfers fees (incoming )

for Tax reasons there would be a big profit end of next season otherwise 

The team we could have next season...

GK. Mair
DR. Byram
DL. McCallum
DC. Zimm
DC. Hanley
DMC. Sorenson
MC. Sitti
MC. Rodriguez
MR. Rupp
ML. Sinani
STR. Idah

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The team we could have next season...

GK. Mair
DR. Byram
DL. McCallum
DC. Zimm
DC. Hanley
DMC. Sorenson
MC. Sitti
MC. Rodriguez
MR. Rupp
ML. Sinani
STR. Idah

Forgive me TY as I assume I must have missed it- who on earth is Rodriguez?

On 04/07/2020 at 17:33, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Pukki won't go for the same reason, can't see any other club in the PL wanting him now so he might as well stay here.

I reckon Pukki will fancy getting European football, so either return to one of the big half a dozen Scandinavian clubs or Denmark, or to Celtic even (Neil Lennon chose him as the Norwich player he'd sign!), or perhaps Olympiacos, or one of the big Turkish sides. 

He's an International striker who has just done double figures in the Premier League, he may have turned off other Prem sides with his recent form but he'll still have plenty of options. 

He'd tear the Eredivisie apart. Pukki won't be short of suitors. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I can see Arrons and Godfrey going possibly Cantwell but the rest will probably stay not good enough for premiership may be some will go back to home countries