Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Adam Idah

There is obviously something the matter with me because every time I see this lad he looks like the best forward at the club. He can hold the ball, run channels and score goals. And yet Drimic gets a start. Am I mad? What on earth is going on? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is obviously something the matter with me because every time I see this lad he looks like the best forward at the club. He can hold the ball, run channels and score goals. And yet Drimic gets a start. Am I mad? What on earth is going on? 

Completely agree, I don't get it either and if you're resting for whatever reason then this lad is a far better bet than Drmic

No one other than Farke understands why Drmic and Duda keep getting picked. Literally anyone in our squad who can play in either of these positions, should be getting picked ahead of these two. 

• Like 3

I want to see more of Idah. When he came in and scored a hat trick in the cup he deserved to get a proper look in, when Pukki was devoid of confidence he should have been the next one up, Drmic offers absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clint said:

No one other than Farke understands why Drmic and Duda keep getting picked. Literally anyone in our squad who can play in either of these positions, should be getting picked ahead of these two. 

There's an argument for playing anyone who can't play in those positions ahead of those two. Genuinely, would the team look markedly worse if Duda or Drmic were dropped and replaced with McGovern???

• Like 1

Idah is promising and I would Play him now in preparation for next season but Pukki should have started today and against Everton. 

Drmic makes RVW look world class. I can not believe we let Sberny leave and have instead given this charlatan minutes on the pitch. He lacks absolutely everything needed to be a decent centre forward and I can’t see it improving at championship level

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

Idah looks a really good prospect.

But theres also the risk of him coming into a side that's not creating much and having his confidence shattered going into next season which could be his breakthrough.

Baring in mind Farke clearly got it right on when to introduce Cantwell, Aaron's, Godfrey and Lewis, we should probably let him get on with it.

• Like 3

Just now, JF said:

Drmic makes RVW look world class. I can not believe we let Sberny leave and have instead given this charlatan minutes on the pitch. He lacks absolutely everything needed to be a decent centre forward and I can’t see it improving a championship level

Srbeny was a decent player but this forum would have you think otherwise so who are we to say? Til still believes he is right in saying Srbeny is Sloughbottom Park standard - even after his Bundesliga goals hes refused to change that opinion.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Drmic makes RVW look world class. I can not believe we let Sberny leave and have instead given this charlatan minutes on the pitch. He lacks absolutely everything needed to be a decent centre forward and I can’t see it improving at championship level

Agreed. He offers nothing at this level and also doesn’t fit with how we play. No runs, not a target man. Nothing. I don’t like to write posters off as he may be ok at champ level but he’s not a premier league starter in this side. Duda is even more of a waste of space. 

Managing Idah's progression is sensible to a point, but it shouldn't be an excuse for picking Drmic who is one of the worst strikers I have ever seen here. Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey were thrown straight in, no reason why he shouldn't be.

The season is over now, give Idah a few starts and get some games under his belt. 

I think Idah had only been on the pitch about 2 mins when the ball was pinged into him and he controlled it and brought others into play. That piece of play alone was more than Drmic did all game. He offers no goal threat, doesn't link up, cr@p in the air. Idah must be on a fraction of what that dog plop Drmic is on. For me, Idah has to start the remaining games

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Good call. Adam has been watched closely by lots of teams for quite a few years and for very good reason. It was a great recruitment by us and this lad is going to go far in the game. Hopefully his time has come and the timing in terms of breaking into a first team slot is just about right. I see a very good season ahead for him.

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Srbeny was a decent player but this forum would have you think otherwise so who are we to say? Til still believes he is right in saying Srbeny is Sloughbottom Park standard - even after his Bundesliga goals hes refused to change that opinion.

Yeah but Drmic is class because he scored in a World Cup remember Hogesar. 

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Idah looks a really good prospect.

But theres also the risk of him coming into a side that's not creating much and having his confidence shattered going into next season which could be his breakthrough.

Baring in mind Farke clearly got it right on when to introduce Cantwell, Aaron's, Godfrey and Lewis, we should probably let him get on with it.

Unlikely to get his confidence shattered playing a few games at the end of the season when we’re already down. He’s probably desperate to get some prem minutes under his belt, no pressure on him now. Would have thought a chance to get minutes against Chelsea or Man City with no real pressure on him would be amazing for his confidence.

Has to lead the line next season. Sinani and Hernandez feeding him from wide and buendia in the middle behind. 4231

Krul

Byram zimbo hanley macullum

Gilmour sitti

Sinani buendia Hernandez

Idah

Subs

Fitzpatrick

Adshead

Famewo

Plus others

Buendia may well be away but we can find another diamond

Centre half

Forward

Creative midfielder

Thoughts ??

8 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Has to lead the line next season. Sinani and Hernandez feeding him from wide and buendia in the middle behind. 4231

Krul

Byram zimbo hanley macullum

Gilmour sitti

Sinani buendia Hernandez

Idah

Subs

Fitzpatrick

Adshead

Famewo

Plus others

Buendia may well be away but we can find another diamond

Centre half

Forward

Creative midfielder

Thoughts ??

I'm a glass half full kind of guy and thank god I am as this is definitely a glass half empty line up.

So this suggests well lose:

McGovern, Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Klose, Trybull, Leitner, Stieperman, Cantwell,  Pukki and Dr Mic

Wow, we really are in trouble if that many need to go.

The one positive I can take from today is that we have a striker at the club that can also head the ball.

I think we can all look forward to the emergence of Adam Idah next season. No pressure but I reckon he’ll be our best relatively homegrown striker since Chris Sutton I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I'm a glass half full kind of guy and thank god I am as this is definitely a glass half empty line up.

So this suggests well lose:

McGovern, Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Klose, Trybull, Leitner, Stieperman, Cantwell,  Pukki and Dr Mic

Wow, we really are in trouble if that many need to go.

I also forgot McLean

It wouldn't surprise me if Adam isn't on the radar of some other Premiership clubs.....I wish him well.....

'Wow, we really are in trouble if that many need to go' 

I don't think that many NEED to go. However I'd be surprised if offers weren't made and there's no point keeping any player if they want to go. Remember how much Ashton took the ****. If we get a decent offer and they want to leave sell them. 

My thoughts

To go Cantwell to liverpool £30m

Aaron's to Spurs £30m

Lewis to Palace £20m

Buendia to Leeds £20m

Pukki to for some reason I think Southampton  £10m

Released for free 

Vrancic

Leitner

Stieperman

Trybull

If we get fees then great and we probably will cos Webber is a good operator

Got a funny but God feeling we are gonna be the new cant win anything with kids team......and we will

Not exactly @Rich T The Biscuit. I was trying to consider what Farke meant in his comment about "lots" of different faces. It was a provocative post to get debate going but canarycop has posted and has done the job. 

I can see some released, some sold (4 players...Emi, Todd, Max and possibly Lewis/Teemu). I've made a list.

Edited by sonyc

Did he run over Farke's dog or something? He should have so much more game time. Especially recently as he looks hungry! He will go places that kid, I just hope not yet. 

48 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Unlikely to get his confidence shattered playing a few games at the end of the season when we’re already down. He’s probably desperate to get some prem minutes under his belt, no pressure on him now. Would have thought a chance to get minutes against Chelsea or Man City with no real pressure on him would be amazing for his confidence.

I agree now that we are all but guaranteed relegated he might get more game time