Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Time for Webber to go?

Mr Webber has previously stated that he will be off to be a big shot overseas in a couple of years.

This season he has been useless. Not a single positive.

perhaps it is time to let him go a year earlier than his plan?!

Time for a different approach? (Oh and definitely time for Farke to leave. Even the longest reign since Worthington has to end one day. That day being Independence Day 2020!)

Just now, yellow_belly said:

Mr Webber has previously stated that he will be off to be a big shot overseas in a couple of years.

Time for a different approach? (Oh and definitely time for Farke to leave. Even the longest reign since Worthington has to end one day. That day being Independence Day 2020!)

Then what?

He also has a tendency to mug off the fans as well, very arrogant. Gets away with it when all’s going well but both him and Farke are lucky we’re BCD! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Embarrassing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

He signed Byram for £750k

There's one positive.

He’s a positive but also an injury liability - which is why he was so cheap- and the only defender we purchased on promotion in an area that needed attention.  No one has ever doubted his ability when fit, but 15 games for a side weak in defence isn’t great.  Hopefully he’ll fare better next season.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He did persuade the owners to back Daniel with hard cash last summer. 

Tbf to him, nobody will convince them to put anymore money into the club

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Tbf to him, nobody will convince them to put anymore money into the club

I know, it’s really sad joking apart. Are you getting a hard time from friends who support other clubs where you live? If only my father had a been a Leicester fan! OTBC

At last... somebody is making this about Webber instead of about Farke.

Personally I just hope he can pull another great transfer window out of the bag like summer 18, if he doesn't then sure... bye.

I don’t want Webber to go because it will leave us with our clueless board running things but he’s had a bad season as well and needs to prove last season was not a fluke 

It should really be about the owners rather than Webber or Farke. They are ultimately the ones holding us back. 

22 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Embarrassing.

Painfully embarrassing.

One poor transfer window and suddenly Webber is awful again. Just like he was awful when we first got him. Then he was the best sporting director in the world and we were worried Man Utd might take him.

• Like 1

He's already said he's going to leave. If he goes on his own accord then perhaps he will arrange a replacement. Assuming of course the club wants to retain that role, which it might not be able to afford to do.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It should really be about the owners rather than Webber or Farke. They are ultimately the ones holding us back. 

Bingo. 

30 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

This is the worst post that I have seen in a long time. 

Yes, the transfer business done this season has largely contributed to our failures but our club is in a much, much healthier place than when he first arrived.

He has held his hands up publicly and I'm sure that he'll learn from this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Absolutely but I'm going to suggest because they have to.

They don't have the kind of money needed to make us stronger so unless they are deliberately avoiding selling the club (which I doubt) then what choice do they have.

People forget that winning the Championship and getting PL money doesn't mean there is suddenly £100m to spend as costs go up as well.

Villa and Sheff Utd have some seriously wealthy owners, we don't so we'll have to do it our way, which unfortunately is the hard way.

There is a little bit of me that hopes they soon hand over reigns to Tom and he sees the £'s in front of his eyes and sells as fast as humanly possible.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Painfully embarrassing.

One poor transfer window and suddenly Webber is awful again. Just like he was awful when we first got him. Then he was the best sporting director in the world and we were worried Man Utd might take him.

Here’s the PR spin on behalf on behalf of the owners. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Here’s the PR spin on behalf on behalf of the owners. 

I didnt mention owners? You just did..

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Still interested in the Leeds bet?

Of course as long as it's going to PUPS

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Painfully embarrassing.

Two poor transfer windows in my book Summer 19 and January 20.

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Painfully embarrassing.

One? 

Two awful windows but he's done a great job overall.

Too much knee jerk nonsense going on.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

They don't have the kind of money needed to make us stronger so unless they are deliberately avoiding selling the club (which I doubt) then what choice do they have.

People forget that winning the Championship and getting PL money doesn't mean there is suddenly £100m to spend as costs go up as well.

Villa and Sheff Utd have some seriously wealthy owners, we don't so we'll have to do it our way, which unfortunately is the hard way.

There is a little bit of me that hopes they soon hand over reigns to Tom and he sees the £'s in front of his eyes and sells as fast as humanly possible.

15 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

They absolutely, 100% patently are deliberately avoiding selling the club because they want to keep their train set.

once it goes to Tom he will get dogs abuse as he won’t benefit from the inexplicable force field that seems to make Delia immune from criticism. 

• Like 1