Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Farke implying a significant turnover of players over the break

Sounds ominous. I don’t want this to be the excuse to sell some of our better performing players. 

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

I would assume this doesn't only mean replacing young players that get poached.

The commentary team said in the 1st half that we have a couple of done deals that haven’t been revealed yet!

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The commentary team said in the 1st half that we have a couple of done deals that haven’t been revealed yet!

I missed that - implying in or out?  In might include the guy from Slumberland, he’s not ‘official‘ yet?

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I missed that - implying in or out?  In might include the guy from Slumberland 

In, it was in the first half, early on too. They said that the clubs like to keep it under wraps. I’m sure some of the know it alls on this forum will know.

Lots of deadwood starting to emerge. DF's frustration palpable.

As long as it doesn't mean a return to 'a club in transition excuse' though.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Quite a few leaving? Well I never. 

Who'd a thunk it.

Just now, ricardo said:

Who'd a thunk it.

Who’s your guess Ricardo? I can see 4/5 of those with value being sold off or wanting a move. 

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Aaron’s to Spurs, Cantwell to Arsenal, Godfrey to Man U. I bet 2 of of those 3 are real.

I bet they're not. None of those three players are good enough for those moves - they wouldn't even make the bench.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I bet they're not. None of those three players are good enough for those moves - they wouldn't even make the bench.

I disagree. They all have what it takes to do well. Just not with us. As a club we have let these lads down a bit by not putting some decent experienced players around them. 

Whether we could have afforded those types of players only the board knows. But even if we couldn't it does explain why these lads have not gone on as much as we would have liked.

For example, all match, Jamal chased up the wing and stopped, either because there was only Drmic to cross to or he had lost confidence to get to the bye line. Yet in the second half, he produced the move of the match and put in a cross that called out for someone to poke it in. Nothing from the front two. So from then on he went back to running up the wing and stopping. He has energy to burn and along with Max is our real width. But it is wasted. So we remember that he ran up and down the wing and stopped not that great cross.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Probably Drmic’s brother and Duda’s dad 🤣🤣🤣

Important to refresh the squad at this point- easy to think players will all return to their championship winning levels but they won't. But out of the xi today it is really only Duda and Drmic I'd actively want to be moving on.

5 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Probably meant Sinani and Mumba😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Aarons is good enough for a top 4/6 move.

That's it from the youngsters. 

Whatever you think of Webber, he's always got top dollar whenever we've sold someone. Especially as all our young players are on long term contracts.

7 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

In, it was in the first half, early on too. They said that the clubs like to keep it under wraps. I’m sure some of the know it alls on this forum will know.

Yes it was early on in the match.

That said it’s a meaningless comment for if it was under wraps how would they know ? All clubs potentially have “ a couple of deals “ lined up

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Aarons is good enough for a top 4/6 move.

That's it from the youngsters. 

Yes i agree the others are too flawed,it would be sad too see him go ,but he's too good for us.otbc

• Like 1