Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Yes we’re going down

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Cool, care to answer the question? Instead of living in the past.. wealthy owners. Now where's your answer Jimmy boy?

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 23.32.47.png

Which question are you asking me to answer?

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Brighton are a club who we used to beat for fun whilst they played  at the local athletics club in front of 6,000.

a stark example of how a club has “left us behind” despite us having a the same (in fact more) opportunities to establish ourselves. 

dont play the “we can’t compete with Brighton” cars. 

Care to apply similar logic to Portsmouth, Sunderland, or Bolton?

5 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Perhaps when the true financial impact of what is happening right now is clear, some might be thankful that we will still have a club to support next season, unlike some. I'm sure there will be some big casualties when the dust settles.

Aye, sadly Wigan are in administration. They won the FA Cup not that long ago and were a premier league mainstay. Hopefully not too many teams struggle.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Which question are you asking me to answer?

What's your solution?

(It's the only question in my original post, so not too hard to refer back to)

Edited by freetoroam

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ah yes 'the project'. I just want a football team that plays entertaining football and scores goals. That's the trouble with NCFC, they've embroiled themselves in the project and forgot the fundamentals of football and winning matches.

And we might need a new project manager but that's ok, it happens. 

That's what you had last season and at the start of this one. Then everyone got injured.

What's your solution?

As with most of this inane rubbish, it probably involves incredibly rich owners coming in and turning us into a football powerhouse.

To support this "theory" clubs where it has worked out will be used as "evidence" while the failed takeovers, which are much more common, will be entirely ignored.

So, we need to get in Sheikh Loadsacashour who will immediately hire Julien Naglesmann, sign 23 full internationals in the first window while building a gleaming 45k seater stadium named after whichever state they're trying to run PR for.

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

What is clear the club needs a massive change of direction and strategy, what is clear is that this is not a tweak of the approach but a complete and utter remodelling 

no more cheap Germans, no more untried youngsters just experienced and skilled championship players with an experienced manager 

Been tried many times by many clubs. Mostly it's a costly experience ending in failure. At least our self funded failure is something new and probably less expensive in the long run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What's your solution?

(It's the only question in my original post, so not too hard to refer back to)

Well for a start if like the coach/manager to pick the right team, coach the defence to defend properly and have the players fired up for “must win” games in the midst of a relegation battle. 

but overall I’d like the owners to step aside and try and find new owners ahead of (Or at the time of) any future promotion to the premier league if they are not prepared to take a bit more of a calculated risk to keep us up there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Decent go? Nonsense. 

the entire season has frankly been embarrassing as will continue to be the case when we get promoted under these owners. 

I don't remember being embarassed when we won games, or even when we drew with Arsenal and Spurs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

As with most of this inane rubbish, it probably involves incredibly rich owners coming in and turning us into a football powerhouse.

To support this "theory" clubs where it has worked out will be used as "evidence" while the failed takeovers, which are much more common, will be entirely ignored.

So, we need to get in Sheikh Loadsacashour who will immediately hire Julien Naglesmann, sign 23 full internationals in the first window while building a gleaming 45k seater stadium named after whichever state they're trying to run PR for.

And your solution is to stick with a plan that sees us bottom, not scored in 6 games, minus 36 goal difference and heading for a record 4 relegations under our current owners who have to sell the clubs best players to keep us afloat and them in charge? I'd maybe look at your own preference before slagging off others.... And no I do not have the answers but it's ridiculous not to think there is a middle ground of investment needed to perform in the top flight and not putting the future of the club in harm's way. I personally do not care where players come from, nor the owner or the manager, as long as I have a team I'm proud of.... I

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well for a start if like the coach/manager to pick the right team, coach the defence to defend properly and have the players fired up for “must win” games in the midst of a relegation battle. 

but overall I’d like the owners to step aside and try and find new owners ahead of (Or at the time of) any future promotion to the premier league if they are not prepared to take a bit more of a calculated risk to keep us up there. 

What's "the right team?" .... personally, I do wonder why McClean who made around 20 appearances last season (a few as sub I think) is getting as much game time as he is, this season in the premier league, but then, who else is fit and can play? I like Kenny but he's not able to provide enough creativity, defensive steal or assists/goals next to Tetty, but then, who in our squad can? Those players will cost £20 million.

As for calculated risk, I agree to some extent, would have been nice if we'd signed Ashton in the summer, not in the winter, then on the other hand we took that calculated risk with RVW, Naismith et al (can't say the owners didn't back Houghton) ...and that nearly killed the club, as in Bury, killed the club.

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

You mean that's not going to happen 😁

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

That's what you had last season and at the start of this one. Then everyone got injured.

Everyone?

Our injury crisis was/is in the centre of defence, our most attacking entertaining players have been available all season. Ok Pukki may be an exception but he's had precious little service thanks to the slow tippy tappy sideways sideways back back style we seem to have adopted. Hernandez has been available for a while but mainly used as a sub. 

If we'd gone down swinging, fine, we all realistically expected that, but not the turgid stuff served up in 2020.

41 minutes ago, kirku said:

As long as it's not Sheikh Muscat, belamy oh riley, of Oman! 

Edited by freetoroam

22 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don't disagree with that principle. Webber has consistently stated, though, that the idea is that we don't bet the farm on staying up and leave ourselves with huge liabilities in the event of relegation. I am confident that if we go up again, the purse strings will be significantly loosened. If they're not, I think even the most moderate of fans would at the very least raise an eyebrow at the strategy.

18 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What's "the right team?" .... personally, I do wonder why McClean who made around 20 appearances last season (a few as sub I think) is getting as much game time as he is, this season in the premier league, but then, who else is fit and can play? I like Kenny but he's not able to provide enough creativity, defensive steal or assists/goals next to Tetty, but then, who in our squad can? Those players will cost £20 million.

As for calculated risk, I agree to some extent, would have been nice if we'd signed Ashton in the summer, not in the winter, then on the other hand we took that calculated risk with RVW, Naismith et al (can't say the owners didn't back Houghton) ...and that nearly killed the club, as in Bury, killed the club.

Surely we can all agree that it doesn’t include Drmic or Duda. Or include going to 4-4-2 against Saints and thus surrendering the midfield?

we may all argue over one or two players but I would say that of the players  we had available most fans would plump for the team we put out against Man U other than perhaps Onel or Vrancic in for Rupp?

If anyone is of the opinion that next season is going to be straightforward in terms of this team coming straight back up I feel you may be in for a  bit of a shock.If,as seems likely we lose 2or 3 of our better players, and if our recruitment turns out to be as shambolic as this seasons we could well be in trouble. 

Add to that the fact it could still be BCD until probably January,the players that remain suffering from a massive confidence hangover and also feeling mentally beaten up from these last nine premier league games and it will take a lot of hard work from Farke and his backroom staff to instill any kind of consistency in perfomances that will be required to succeed in what we know is a tough,tough league.

33 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

And your solution is to stick with a plan that sees us bottom, not scored in 6 games, minus 36 goal difference and heading for a record 4 relegations under our current owners who have to sell the clubs best players to keep us afloat and them in charge? I'd maybe look at your own preference before slagging off others.... And no I do not have the answers but it's ridiculous not to think there is a middle ground of investment needed to perform in the top flight and not putting the future of the club in harm's way. I personally do not care where players come from, nor the owner or the manager, as long as I have a team I'm proud of.... I

And what does the "middle ground of investment needed to perform in the top flight and not putting the future of the club in harm's way" look like?

Roughly how much YoY investment would be required, do you think?

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Surely we can all agree that it doesn’t include Drmic or Duda. Or include going to 4-4-2 against Saints and thus surrendering the midfield?

we may all argue over one or two players but I would say that of the players  we had available most fans would plump for the team we put out against Man U other than perhaps Onel or Vrancic in for Rupp?

Drmic and Duda - I agreed with you there, that said, Duda was playing in Arrons with some good switches of play and passes out to the flanks, taking out their left back in the process. His link up play with Buendia just wasn't quite there. I'd much rather we saw Cantwell given another chance in that No.10 position. As for the team vs Man U. we've played that line up for most of the season? injuries aside (except for hernandez/Vrancic for Rupp) and it just hasn't produced. Which points back to the fact this squad isn't good enough. And there's no one person to blame for that. Hopefully we improve next season and come back up. If we do (big if), then we'll have to spend, and as Feed The Wolf says, if we don't then eyebrows (and voices) will be raised.

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

The happy clapper extremists seemed to have gone to ground I wonder why 

Perhaps because they're bored rigid reading extremely predictable **** from extremely predictable and unimaginative trolls.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

If anyone is of the opinion that next season is going to be straightforward in terms of this team coming straight back up I feel you may be in for a  bit of a shock.If,as seems likely we lose 2or 3 of our better players, and if our recruitment turns out to be as shambolic as this seasons we could well be in trouble. 

Add to that the fact it could still be BCD until probably January,the players that remain suffering from a massive confidence hangover and also feeling mentally beaten up from these last nine premier league games and it will take a lot of hard work from Farke and his backroom staff to instill any kind of consistency in perfomances that will be required to succeed in what we know is a tough,tough league.

What's BCD? We all know the championship is a tough league. Relegated teams usually go one of two ways. Farke deserves the chance following last season and then not being backed financially this season. We have Sitti, Sinani, McCallum et al coming in and a good crop of young players coming through - where Farke has proved his worth in developing youth players. If it's not working by Christmas it will need changing. But until then the club and people at it need our support. In my opinion. 

2 hours ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Brighton were top class though.. and their keeper was in marvellous form 

Brighton, top class!  Now you are having a laugh. The league table does not lie!

What's BCD? We all know the championship is a tough league. Relegated teams usually go one of two ways. Farke deserves the chance following last season and then not being backed financially this season. We have Sitti, Sinani, McCallum et al coming in and a good crop of young players coming through - where Farke has proved his worth in developing youth players. If it's not working by Christmas it will need changing. But until then the club and people at it need our support. In my opinion. 

The only reason Farke has developed youth players is because he has too. There is no money for Webber to actually sign decent players.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

I don't remember being embarassed when we won games, or even when we drew with Arsenal and Spurs. 

You do know we have won just 5 times this season i hope ?

49 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

It's much easier to sign players on a shoestring budget who are good enough to succeed in the Championship. The players we bought were nowhere near good enough, but that's because we spent peanuts on them and we're playing in the best league in the world.

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

The only reason Farke has developed youth players is because he has too. There is no money for Webber to actually sign decent players.

Respectfully, disagree. Farke selected Aarons over Passlack, a more experience player. The season before he introduced a raw (18 year old?) Lewis and played him over husband, another more experienced player. He played Maddison over Stiepermann - Not sure Alex Neal would have done that? And this season Cantwell over Stiepermann (Cantwell which many on here were writing off before the season started). Seem to me he plays the better players regardless of age/reputation. Yes, youth is now a key part of our development policy, but we've all seen many managers ignore our youth for a long time, including the previous manager.

Respectfully, disagree. Farke selected Aarons over Passlack, a more experience player. The season before he introduced a raw (18 year old?) Lewis and played him over husband, another more experienced player. He played Maddison over Stiepermann - Not sure Alex Neal would have done that? And this season Cantwell over Stiepermann (Cantwell which many on here were writing off before the season started). Seem to me he plays the better players regardless of age/reputation. Yes, youth is now a key part of our development policy, but we've all seen many managers ignore our youth for a long time, including the previous manager.

Yes Farke had to be brave to persevere with Todd and Todd was brave to continually put in strong performances despite the moaning.

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You do know we have won just 5 times this season i hope ?

..... and as the BT commentator said, "despite this season, Farke has still won more games than he's lost as Norwich City Manager"

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 01.25.04.png

I do think that the stowmarket 2 have record relegations to their name says all we need to know about ultimately where the problem lies