Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Yes we’re going down

Had a decent go today but not quite good enough. So it’s the Championship next season but so what? I for one am looking forward to Idah blossoming into the centre forward role. 

Fans are so fickle and not seeing the long term project that Webber set out. We have already made preparations for  next season with hungry young talent chomping at the bit to wear the yellow shirt. 

If you can’t take the rough with the smooth then your not the kind of fan the club needs right now. Who’s ready to go again, get behind the club and ultimately enjoy the ride of supporting Norwich City? I for one can’t wait and if you can I truly pity you. 

• Like 2

And if it’s all going wrong after 10 games next season because we’ve sold our best young talent and the players are all shot on confidence from getting beaten every week this season?

• Like 1

Ah yes 'the project'. I just want a football team that plays entertaining football and scores goals. That's the trouble with NCFC, they've embroiled themselves in the project and forgot the fundamentals of football and winning matches.

And we might need a new project manager but that's ok, it happens. 

• Like 3

What is clear the club needs a massive change of direction and strategy, what is clear is that this is not a tweak of the approach but a complete and utter remodelling 

no more cheap Germans, no more untried youngsters just experienced and skilled championship players with an experienced manager 

"Had a decent go today but not quite good enough."

If tht's a decent go that wasn't quite good enough then perhaps you need to raise your standards and expectations.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I am not accepting that we're going down until it is confirmed by Lakey.

The happy clapper extremists seemed to have gone to ground I wonder why 

2 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

"Had a decent go today but not quite good enough."

If tht's a decent go that wasn't quite good enough then perhaps you need to raise your standards and expectations.

Brighton were top class though.. and their keeper was in marvellous form 

Just now, shaunieboy77 said:

Ha ha ha 👍

Another who thinks just because they are told it is part of the project, that we will walk the championship next season. I would ask, how often does a relegated team, stroll to victory the next season? Particularly one that is performing as poorly as us? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am not accepting that we're going down until it is confirmed by Lakey.

I had to get in there before Lakey (somewhat more eloquently) wrote something along those lines. 

24 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Had a decent go today

Did we?

What I saw was a side absolutely devoid of confidence, creativity, effort, work rate and application. Now that's not entirely across the board. Some players did try. I'm talking about the unit as a whole. I thought it was a poor performance, even by the standards we've set since the restart.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The happy clapper extremists seemed to have gone to ground I wonder why 

Oh a couple are around aided by your stalker.

And... grow up everyone. 

This whole restart has been a farce. You can take nothing from this season's end into the next one. 

Yes we will lose players, yes we may take while to establish momentum. But it will not be a disaster. 

• Like 1

Surely you can't have actually thought that we gave that game a good go? Outside the first 20mins we were dreadful. 

1 shot on target against one of the worst teams in the league. 

I am looking forward to the challenges that come with being in the Championship again. Better away days (once we're allowed to attend matches of course!), no VAR, and the opportunity to win matches every week.

I trust Webber and Farke to recruit well for next season. Recruitment last summer was awful, but our 'moneyball' model of taking underappreciated or out-of-form players and modelling them into something better was never going to work in the rarefied air of the Premier League.

We'll likely have more than £50m of player sales on top of parachute payments, so will be in a much better financial position than many of our contemporaries, especially considering the impact of Covid-19.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to walk the league, but I definitely think we'll finish top six.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

In Lakeyland we could still stay up ten points behind and three to play 😀

Yes there is always the chance someone could be deducted points. All to play for lads.

8 minutes ago, shaunieboy77 said:

He managed to stay awake, kudos to him

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Did we?

What I saw was a side absolutely devoid of confidence, creativity, effort, work rate and application. Now that's not entirely across the board. Some players did try. I'm talking about the unit as a whole. I thought it was a poor performance, even by the standards we've set since the restart.

I just saw a side that wasn’t good enough and the most pedestrian midfield the prem has ever seen

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

And... grow up everyone. 

This whole restart has been a farce. You can take nothing from this season's end into the next one. 

Yes we will lose players, yes we may take while to establish momentum. But it will not be a disaster. 

if this whole restart has been a farce it has been a farce for every club including the four that have beaten us all without conceding a goal. We are at rock bottom confidence wise with a manager who appears to have totally lost his way and coupled with the fact you think we will lose players what exactly makes you think a sprinkling of fairy dust over Colney will establish momentum without a drastic change in a lot of aspects of what we are witnessing now ?

37 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Had a decent go today but not quite good enough. So it’s the Championship next season but so what? I for one am looking forward to Idah blossoming into the centre forward role. 

Fans are so fickle and not seeing the long term project that Webber set out. We have already made preparations for  next season with hungry young talent chomping at the bit to wear the yellow shirt. 

If you can’t take the rough with the smooth then your not the kind of fan the club needs right now. Who’s ready to go again, get behind the club and ultimately enjoy the ride of supporting Norwich City? I for one can’t wait and if you can I truly pity you. 

Decent go? Nonsense. 

the entire season has frankly been embarrassing as will continue to be the case when we get promoted under these owners. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what everyone expected?

We did better than expected and got promoted, the club had financials issues that needed to be resolved due to previous bad practice and the club was open about this, we spent next to nothing in relative terms and the club budgeted for coming 20th which we will do; all of which has been discussed and advised.

There clearly is a 'project' but I fully expected to get relegated and go back down.

Wins against Man City changed many mindsets I'm sure, beating Leicester and then Spurs in the cup gave hope and at the point of Covid we had a bit of momentum (a bit).

However, as much as I had accepted that we would get relegated, what annoys is the amount of times we have undone ourselves with basic errors that have cost us games, VAR hasn't helped but you could argue that its affected others, although the one against Spurs cost us 3 points.

We are where we are, the players clearly know they are beaten so the sooner this season is over and we can start to plan for the next one.

If.......we start next season as we are finishing this one then like others I'll join the bewildered camp but let's be honest with ourselves, anything other than relegation was a dream not a reality, we were on a slope climbing in treacle before the season started.

• Like 4

We played Brighton today who spent circa £70 million in the summer (alone)..  let that sink in.

What's your solution? We're playing the long game here . . .some of you just don't have the bottle. Yes, we can be better, as a club, a manager, owners, sporting director, players of course, and...  as supporters. We need to be behind the club and everyone at it right now. What we're doing takes time. It took Klopp 5 years to win the premier league at L.i.v.e.r.p.o.o.l. Don't be a fool. Don't start with "Oh yes, the plan" retorts because they're basic af. Farke had Murphy, Pritchard and Maddison sold and still got us promoted out of the championship playing stylish football.

Name any manger we can attract to Carrow Road who would get better out of our current squad? In the premier league, and given our injuries this season and resultant loss of momentum (*huge by the way)......if you can't answer.... then blame Farke for being unlucky, blame Webber for not quite landing the right side of a calculated gamble with tuppence, blame the players for not having enough quality, and blame Delia and Michael for not being oligarchs... but after that, please, please, stop wetting your little panties, take a deep breath and keep quiet until you have something smart to say.

P.s. We'll be back in the premier league. OTBC

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 22.21.36.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Decent go? Nonsense. 

the entire season has frankly been embarrassing as will continue to be the case when we get promoted under these owners. 

Which season was most embarrassing for you out of the midtable finish under Lambert and the following midtable finish under Hughton? Baring in mind every season at this level is obviously embarrassing if Delia is about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

We played Brighton today who spent circa £70 million in the summer (alone)..  let that sink in.

What's your solution? We're playing the long game here . . .some of you just don't have the bottle. Yes, we can be better, as a club, a manager, owners, sporting director, players of course, and...  as supporters. We need to be behind the club and everyone at it right now. What we're doing takes time. It took Klopp 5 years to win the premier league at L.i.v.e.r.p.o.o.l. Don't be a fool. Don't start with "Oh yes, the plan" retorts because they're basic af. Farke had Murphy, Pritchard and Maddison sold and still got us promoted out of the championship playing stylish football.

Name any manger we can attract to Carrow Road who would get better out of our current squad? In the premier league, and given our injuries this season and resultant loss of momentum (*huge by the way)......if you can't answer.... then blame Farke for being unlucky, blame Webber for not quite landing the right side of a calculated gamble with tuppence, blame the players for not having enough quality, and blame Delia and Michael for not being oligarchs... but after that, please, please, stop wetting your little panties, take a deep breath and keep quiet until you have something smart to say.

P.s. We'll be back in the premier league. OTBC

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 22.21.36.png

Brighton are a club who we used to beat for fun whilst they played  at the local athletics club in front of 6,000.

a stark example of how a club has “left us behind” despite us having a the same (in fact more) opportunities to establish ourselves. 

dont play the “we can’t compete with Brighton” cars. 

• Thanks 1

Perhaps when the true financial impact of what is happening right now is clear, some might be thankful that we will still have a club to support next season, unlike some. I'm sure there will be some big casualties when the dust settles.

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Brighton are a club who we used to beat for fun whilst they played  at the local athletics club in front of 6,000.

a stark example of how a club has “left us behind” despite us having a the same (in fact more) opportunities to establish ourselves. 

dont play the “we can’t compete with Brighton” cars. 

Cool, care to answer the question? Instead of living in the past.. wealthy owners. Now where's your answer Jimmy boy?

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 23.32.47.png