cambridgeshire canary

Norwich players refuse to leave the Pitch as Farke vanishes

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Jesus christ it's not eastenders or your teenage crush.

It's just a bunch of dejected players who know they're now relegated, looking like dejected players who know they're now relegated. Nothing to do with "not wanting to see Farke" or whatever associated rubbish people have just made up. They shouldn't want to go see him. They dont need to immediately go down the tunnel either.

They would have been the same had there been a crowd there.

Just massively disappointed that's all

Are we at the stage where folk are posting pics of Farke as a clown yet? 🤡 

Must be close, he’s already lost the dressing room, got no Plan B, isn’t picking the players that are seeing their abilities grow exponentially because they aren’t playing...is it a petition next? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So how do they intimate they didn’t want to go in the dressing room ? Did one of them say something or has the forums body language expert made a re appearance ?

They intimate they didn't want to go in the dressing room by... not going in the dressing room.

It's most unusual for several players to stay out on the pitch (Tettey, Klose, Cantwell, Hernandez). Klose seemed to be talking to himself. It does suggest an absence of harmony that the players don't all go to the dressing room together to face the manager.

I haven't seen the video but I was watching the American commentary. To me it only looked like some very disappointed pro footballers who know that this was pretty much all she wrote- but maybe there's footage I haven't seen.

Klose and Tettey in particular, this will be the last time they'll be playing on this stage. Hernandez seems a very earnest guy and Todd has indicated before he isn't the thickest skinned lad.

Not that I'm entirely above a little bit of conspiracy. I've seen some supposedly itk stuff that says there were a number of players whose heads were well and truly turned in January and effectively mentally clocked out. Based on certain performances since the restart, I do wonder if there's a bit of a split between players who really care and players who really dont. 

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So how do they intimate they didn’t want to go in the dressing room ? Did one of them say something or has the forums body language expert made a re appearance ?

Just repeating the commentary 

8 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Are we at the stage where folk are posting pics of Farke as a clown yet? 🤡 

Must be close, he’s already lost the dressing room, got no Plan B, isn’t picking the players that are seeing their abilities grow exponentially because they aren’t playing...is it a petition next? 

If only there was a big hall somewhere near St Andrews car park ...

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just repeating the commentary 

The commentator on bt called Aarons Buendia a couple of times, they’re not always right 😉

I will also add that the American coverage was being very OTT. Klose was talking to Onel who then moved out of frame and suddenly Timm was 'furiously talking to himself'. They did their absolute to make it sound like there was an impending mutiny on the cards and there was ever so much drama watching the very fabric of the football club being torn asunder.

They also said Dudic had a poor game and Mike McLean in midfield was full of energy. 

• Haha 2

Something is not right a shocking team selection Duda not even championship quality time for a change of manager and directors and look for a rich businessman there must be someone out there  

5 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Something is not right a shocking team selection Duda not even championship quality time for a change of manager and directors and look for a rich businessman there must be someone out there  

Anyone?

3 hours ago, HertsCanary93 said:

The atmosphere would have been foul with fans in the ground today.

While I don't personally boo -  I would have expected audible boos after both the Southampton and Everton games too. 

Maybe. Or maybe the team plays like the Norwich we know with a passionate crowd behind them. What we are watching now is a travesty on multiple levels. 

Just imagine sometime next year, full house with City v Forest or Derby or someone like hat. Good times just around the corner....

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

Relegation isn't an easy thing for any team, any player  in any division at any time.

So if they're not completely devastated, annoyed, upset, angry then that would be when something's wrong. The players will know that was the last opportunity.

9 winnable points blown

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Cantwell just stayed out as he is an attention seeker 

Takes one to...

1 minute ago, daly said:

9 winnable points blown

Indeed it is. Fallen short.

Many other points lost before lockdown too.

Nutty, I can’t recall how long contract Farke was given but no one could argue with him being rewarded for his success last season.

I for one, thought he would carry on where he left off last season. The logic at that stage was that it took a season to bed Farkeball in and we would progress onwards and even if we went down, we’d go down fighting and in style. To be fair, I was not that upset to be bottom going into lockdown as we had given it a good go in most matches. But since then he appears to have reverted back to type and this post lockdown football is just so reminiscent of season one. Maybe just all of the stars aligned for him and us last season? 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Thing is, had crowds been watching at Carrow Road I think the performances if not the results would have been very different, so it's pointless speculation.

Were the performances any better before the lockdown then when crowds were there?

6 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Were the performances any better before the lockdown then when crowds were there?

Yeah I think we had started to improve.

Beat Burnley in the cup.

Beat Bournemouth at home.

Drew against Newcastle away.

Lost by one goal to both Sheffield United and Liverpool.

Beat Leicester at home.

Beat Spurs in the cup.

The whole lockdown thing probably came at the wrong time for us.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Maybe. Or maybe the team plays like the Norwich we know with a passionate crowd behind them. What we are watching now is a travesty on multiple levels. 

Just imagine sometime next year, full house with City v Forest or Derby or someone like hat. Good times just around the corner....

Fingers crossed. Despite the results, I can't wait to get back to CR. 

36 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

So much so that he has a secondary career in Hollywood as an actor by the name of Amy Adams 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Herr Farke and The Stowmarket Two are incredibly lucky that COVID has forced fans to watch from home. If that had not happened then even the laid back Norfolk proletariat would have risen up in revolt such are the appalling facts behind our performances and results in 2020 to date.  I do feel sorry for the boy Hughton who is one of the real gentleman of the sport yet (even still) receives a barrage of vitriol yet the present incumbent pretty much escapes with not so much as a murmur! 

Sorry, but the performances since lockdown, even though poor, are still much, much better than in the last days of Hughton!! And if there had been a crowd they might not have played that badly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah I think we had started to improve.

Beat Burnley in the cup.

Beat Bournemouth at home.

Drew against Newcastle away.

Lost by one goal to both Sheffield United and Liverpool.

Beat Leicester at home.

Beat Spurs in the cup.

The whole lockdown thing probably came at the wrong time for us.

Bang on, i was hoping that we still had that form in us and would come out and win our first two home games back to cut the points. As soon as we lost to Southampton and the manner of that performance I definitely knew we weren’t staying up.

Still it’s been a season in the top flight and money in the bank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Sorry, but the performances since lockdown, even though poor, are still much, much better than in the last days of Hughton!! And if there had been a crowd they might not have played that badly.

Agreed.

What I see is a group of players who now know they are down and are unsurprisingly a bit fed up about that. The drama queens are the posters who are trying to create something that doesn’t exist, a story to get them over excited. 

46 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I shouldn’t laugh but I did 😳

12 minutes ago, Clint said:

Nutty, I can’t recall how long contract Farke was given but no one could argue with him being rewarded for his success last season.

I for one, thought he would carry on where he left off last season. The logic at that stage was that it took a season to bed Farkeball in and we would progress onwards and even if we went down, we’d go down fighting and in style. To be fair, I was not that upset to be bottom going into lockdown as we had given it a good go in most matches. But since then he appears to have reverted back to type and this post lockdown football is just so reminiscent of season one. Maybe just all of the stars aligned for him and us last season? 

Not sure it was the stars. I can't believe the championship can be such a tough league if it can be won by a team that gets lucky for six months. Not with all those clubs with investors and/or parachute payments.

But I do think we've been devastated by injury in our defence. Last season zimbo played 39 games? Had started to form a decent partnership with Godfrey. We went into this season with those two plus the experienced Klose and Hanley. We've played these last games with only Godfrey as a fit central defender. If we can win the league through good luck we can get relegated with bad luck. Can't we?

Not sure about next season. You and I both know "tippy tappy" frustrates fans. The bits I saw today only McLean drove us forward. Zimbo did that last season. Stiepermann too. We will have to do that again to be effective in he champs.

52 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I will also add that the American coverage was being very OTT. Klose was talking to Onel who then moved out of frame and suddenly Timm was 'furiously talking to himself'. They did their absolute to make it sound like there was an impending mutiny on the cards and there was ever so much drama watching the very fabric of the football club being torn asunder.

They also said Dudic had a poor game and Mike McLean in midfield was full of energy. 

😂😂😂

Maybe just all of the stars aligned for him and us last season? 

My son said the same thing. I really wanted this to become a dynasty as much as anything. I am fed up with constant managerial changes. And I knew this season was not going to end well, especially after the poor recruitment.

But today more than any other game this season has really put doubts in my mind about DF.

The starting lineup could not be accepted by the excuse that the players needed refreshing. They have just had weeks off and you don't put out a weakened team when you tell the world about five wins.

And you are allowed five substitutions per match. Apart from injury or sending off, the back five was never going to be changed. That meant. five out of the six remaining outfield players could be withdrawn if not playing well.

It was obvious after ten minutes that Drmic, despite his international record (remember RVW) isn't up to the standard of this division albeit at the bottom of it.

Duda took another five minutes to show he doesn't have it either.

So we could have made two substitutions after 15 minutes and still had three more (the amount you are used to) left.

I don't pretend to be a classy coach but I do know that things have be torrid since lockdown and change was required. But continuing to give Drmic, Duda, MacLean first crack when Idah, Vrancic and Cantwell are on the bench shows a stubborness that doesn't work well when you are struggling. And the refusal to play players in the right positions is baffling as well.

And the show at the end of the game from the players was purely the emotion of knowing its all over. Dejection is not something that comes easy to the younger lads. The first season, they were delighted to be playing first team football and the second was euphoric. Now they must ponder their futures considering how much praise has been heaped upon them.

5 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hilarious stuff you massive bell end

And you are well placed to be an expert bell end 

Edited by City fan
Typo

1 minute ago, City fan said:

And you are well placed to be an expert bell end 

It took you all that time for that come back ?

bell end

• Haha 1