cambridgeshire canary

Norwich players refuse to leave the Pitch as Farke vanishes

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Something is rotten in the changing room, it’s plain to see. What happened during lockdown??!!

They're all annoyed that there's no goal scorer starting the game

Add to that what Farke said the other day and there is this uneasyness that cracks are starting to appear. Those that think the majority of this squad will hang around for Championship football may have to think again.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Add to that what Farke said the other day and there is this uneasyness that cracks are starting to appear. Those that think the majority of this squad will hang around for Championship football may have to think again.

Hang around - as if their performances entitle them to believe that clubs will be forming a line to snap them up. 
the most disinterested squad to wear yellow

• Like 1

Farke is not a man manager and never has been, youngsters possibly, let's face it that is where he made his name, but a man manager???

3 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Hang around - as if their performances entitle them to believe that clubs will be forming a line to snap them up. 
the most disinterested squad to wear yellow

Maybe some league 1 clubs 

Til, what did Farke day the other day? I’ve stopped listening to him.

Gosh I wish he would just pack it in and save the humiliation of the club

i am a glass half full kinda guy but he is really testing my positivity now 

There's a smell of death about our club, not just on the pitch but off it.  Starting with owners who don't really care anymore but refuse to let go.  Anyone who imagines that normal service will be resumed next season is in for a nasty shock, despite the very considerable financial advantage, in the post-covid era, of parachute payments.  This is beginning to look terminal.

• Like 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cantwell saying it all after the match without a word.

cantwell.jpg

The king of the quitters 

22 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Something is rotten in the changing room, it’s plain to see. What happened during lockdown??!!

Hahahahahahahaahaha.

The standard fan response when things aren't going well.

Just now, hogesar said:

Hahahahahahahaahaha.

The standard fan response when things aren't going well.

You think players refusing to go off at full time and arguing on the pitch is a positive sign hoggy?!

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

You think players refusing to go off at full time and arguing on the pitch is a positive sign hoggy?!

Would be worse if they were just accepting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never good enough this season and that was apparent well before Xmas. A pity the Covids strung the season out else we would now be getting all excited about another promotion run😉👍😁

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Herr Farke and The Stowmarket Two are incredibly lucky that COVID has forced fans to watch from home. If that had not happened then even the laid back Norfolk proletariat would have risen up in revolt such are the appalling facts behind our performances and results in 2020 to date.  I do feel sorry for the boy Hughton who is one of the real gentleman of the sport yet (even still) receives a barrage of vitriol yet the present incumbent pretty much escapes with not so much as a murmur! 

"Herr Farke", "The Stowmarket Two", "Norfolk proletariat" - honestly, the pomposity in this post is almost embarrassing.   

For the record, it's a little hard for a crowd to show anger when there is no crowd. Hughton absolutely deserved the reaction the crowd gave him. 

• Like 1

Relegation isn't an easy thing for any team, any player  in any division at any time.

So if they're not completely devastated, annoyed, upset, angry then that would be when something's wrong. The players will know that was the last opportunity.

• Like 8

Were they arguing or just fed up with losing again? I would be more worried if they were all laughing and smiling after going  4 league games conceding 9 goals and scoring zero....

Just now, sonyc said:

Relegation isn't an easy thing for any team, any player  in any division at any time.

So if they're not completely devastated, annoyed, upset, angry then that would be when something's wrong. The players will know that was the last opportunity.

It becomes much easier after the first half dozen. 

I used to get upset about it but those days are gone👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The atmosphere would have been foul with fans in the ground today.

While I don't personally boo -  I would have expected audible boos after both the Southampton and Everton games too. 

Without any “blame” apportioned to anyone, it has to be the case that a relegation as a minimum takes a lot of confidence out of the players. The manner of our promotion last season means it’s going to be even harder to replicate quickly when we’re back down - it was a lot of youngsters, a lot of games we won despite perhaps pushing our luck, and a feeling of everything “just clicking”. When the “just clicking” has turned into getting stuffed most weeks, how do you get that feeling back? I’d suggest any manager in the world would struggle to do so very quickly - probably a season or two at least to rebuild, regroup and then have a fresh push. 

If I were Pukki, Idah, Cantwell, Vrancic or Steiperman, I’d be pretty angry that Drmic and Duda got picked again and did absolutely **** all again. If I were Hernandez, I’d be pretty angry at being brought off when up to then, looking the only chance of creating anything. I’m glad the players were angry, it shows they don’t agree with what’s going on.

• Like 2

Just now, Clint said:

If I were Pukki, Idah, Cantwell, Vrancic or Steiperman, I’d be pretty angry that Drmic and Duda got picked again and did absolutely **** all again. If I were Hernandez, I’d be pretty angry at being brought off when up to then, looking the only chance of creating anything. I’m glad the players were angry, it shows they don’t agree with what’s going on.

I did think today, if Pukki wasn’t already considering whether he could be bothered with another season of championship football, seemingly having become second choice behind Drmic might just make up his mind....

• Like 1

I wonder how we might regroup? I recall reading that players who are relegated have negative feelings about them  and this hinders them when in a lower league ...knowing they're not good enough for a higher league anyway (was it Webber who stated that a couple of years ago?). Or is this just psychological guff? And yet if there is a grain of truth in this view perhaps we do need a major reset.