cambridgeshire canary

Norwich players refuse to leave the Pitch as Farke vanishes

1 hour ago, Clint said:

Nutty, I can’t recall how long contract Farke was given but no one could argue with him being rewarded for his success last season.

I for one, thought he would carry on where he left off last season. The logic at that stage was that it took a season to bed Farkeball in and we would progress onwards and even if we went down, we’d go down fighting and in style. To be fair, I was not that upset to be bottom going into lockdown as we had given it a good go in most matches. But since then he appears to have reverted back to type and this post lockdown football is just so reminiscent of season one. Maybe just all of the stars aligned for him and us last season? 

Not sure it was the stars. I can't believe the championship can be such a tough league if it can be won by a team that gets lucky for six months. Not with all those clubs with investors and/or parachute payments.

But I do think we've been devastated by injury in our defence. Last season zimbo played 39 games? Had started to form a decent partnership with Godfrey. We went into this season with those two plus the experienced Klose and Hanley. We've played these last games with only Godfrey as a fit central defender. If we can win the league through good luck we can get relegated with bad luck. Can't we?

Not sure about next season. You and I both know "tippy tappy" frustrates fans. The bits I saw today only McLean drove us forward. Zimbo did that last season. Stiepermann too. We will have to do that again to be effective in he champs.

For me it's sadly obvious now that next season in the Championship under Farke (if he is still here then) will be a struggle.  There is just nothing left anymore.  He's bereft of ideas. We can't score and we leak goals.  I also think to some extent he has lost some of the players.

Yes, sometimes teams come back from getting relegated, but there is getting relegated and then there is getting relegated.  The manner in which we are getting relegated this season, there is no coming back from.  5 wins, defeat after defeat, unable to score.  Not just unable to score, but very few shots and shots on target are now so rare that a shot on target feels like something to be celebrated.  The football is getting worse and worse, there is little cohesion, Farke is still unable to influence the game during the game, his tactics have become more and more questionable and some of his team selections have become quite frankly bizarre.

It's been more gradual under Farke but for me, like Alex Neil, the Premier League has had such a bad impact on him it has negatively affected his mindset, his tactics and his team selections.  It's like the Newcastle away under Neil.  Neil was never the same after the shock of that game.  For Farke it has been more gradual, but ultimately, the effect has been the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s obvious we’ll struggle next season? Really?   I guess this is the same ‘obvious’ that said Farke should have been sacked after the Leeds defeat last season..?

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Personally I think Farke doesn't believe we have the capacity to defend well with any selection of personnel or system currently. We doubled down on our brand of attacking football and it hasn't worked well enough to survive- I imagine we will see a concerted effort to improve our squad ability in that regard over the next 3 windows.

If we can't learn from this season's folly, then it's curtains and it's next man up.

15 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

The guy who owns Wigan says he's looking for a fresh challenge 😉

Never been relegated too....

Big Sam just phoned me.... he remembers all the unpleasantness after the Bolton incident. Jeez Sam, this was in the days when only a few people had Mobile Phones... Yeah Fox, I need a job.

I'm sure Sam you'd be very welcome. 

I just wanted to save you from Relegation.......................

Yeah mate, Lambert wanted a job too. You suggesting we have a chance of staying up?

No I was thinking you might wanna stay out of Div 1.

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Just deflated  that's all. But do carry on shoite stirring and conspiracy theorizing.  Smug know all pirck.

That's a very pleasant response, thanks for that wcorkcanary.

At least I'm not semi-literate and consistently barely legible. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I don’t know if it’s possible for anyone to post a link but that post match footage of Cantwell, Klose, Hernandez and Tettey is extremely worrying. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t know if it’s possible for anyone to post a link but that post match footage of Cantwell, Klose, Hernandez and Tettey is extremely worrying. 

Take it you saw the footage of Klose and Tetty shouting and argue with each other?

15 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I shouldn’t laugh but I did 😳

Were you laughing with the troll or at the troll nuffo?

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Take it you saw the footage of Klose and Tetty shouting and argue with each other?

Because footballers never shout or argue do they ?

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Id be much more concerned if there wasnt a bit of tension after these results, stupid pass by Klose who should know better , Tetts was doing up his laces  or something as we handed over possession. Should Imagine the converstaion went something like this,.......

Tetts.... what were you thinking old bean, a crossfield pass on the ground into the heart of their midfield?

Timmipoo......Yes,it was a bit silly of me,  but you should ha e been covering for me as I ambled upfield leaving us somewhat exposed my dear boy.

Tetts......it was rather rash though, especially as I was srutinising a rather attractive blade of grass at my feet at the time , you could have warned me that you were about to do something that we have all been taught not to do since we were 6.

Timmipoo....On reflection, it was rather rash , I do apologise Alex.

Or words to that effect though maybe a little more colourful.

It was completely normal and imo perfectly reasonable to have dig at each other for what was a comedy of errors. Those looking for a deeper meaning better keep looking as anyone who has played footy will know that apres match following a defeat can get quite heated.

Between them they fluffed it and as grown men, were telling each other exactly that. Shoite happens and forcing a silly unnecessary pass will increase the chances of shoite drastically.

• Like 1

Its a poor squad hampered by the lack of any leaders (missing Zimmerman and Hanley) realising they are not good enough. The lack of any goal threat at the moment coupled with a realisation that clean sheets are impossible must be extremely depressing to all concerned.

22 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Drmic is on £50k a week if FM2020 is accurate and he'll want to be off. I think Drmic is a good player, and may have done better with a good run, but is likely to be more effective at a lower level, as is Rupp if we keep them. What we dont want is Drmic being the new Zigic, on big wages in the Championship and offering ordinary performances

Help! I hope there's a relegation clause (I suspect that there is.)

17 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

For me it's sadly obvious now that next season in the Championship under Farke (if he is still here then) will be a struggle.  There is just nothing left anymore.  He's bereft of ideas. We can't score and we leak goals.  I also think to some extent he has lost some of the players.

Yes, sometimes teams come back from getting relegated, but there is getting relegated and then there is getting relegated.  The manner in which we are getting relegated this season, there is no coming back from.  5 wins, defeat after defeat, unable to score.  Not just unable to score, but very few shots and shots on target are now so rare that a shot on target feels like something to be celebrated.  The football is getting worse and worse, there is little cohesion, Farke is still unable to influence the game during the game, his tactics have become more and more questionable and some of his team selections have become quite frankly bizarre.

It's been more gradual under Farke but for me, like Alex Neil, the Premier League has had such a bad impact on him it has negatively affected his mindset, his tactics and his team selections.  It's like the Newcastle away under Neil.  Neil was never the same after the shock of that game.  For Farke it has been more gradual, but ultimately, the effect has been the same.

I agree that the PL has affected Farke. It will be interested to see how he recovers and whether it is with us.

Neil seems to have rediscovered his touch and is doing pretty well at Preston who have far fewer resources than us, but he will have had time for reflection upon leaving us. Hopefully, the structure (with a sporting director with whom  to discuss matters) might help Farke in his reflections, as opposed to the football side just being down to the manager and coaches. 

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

I agree that the PL has affected Farke. It will be interested to see how he recovers and whether it is with us.

Neil seems to have rediscovered his touch and is doing pretty well at Preston who have far fewer resources than us, but he will have had time for reflection upon leaving us. Hopefully, the structure (with a sporting director with whom  to discuss matters) might help Farke in his reflections, as opposed to the football side just being down to the manager and coaches. 

I like to think that Farke is a progressive, learning manager. Early on in his time with us he tried to replicate the 4-1-4-1 that worked for Dortmund II with Hoolahan, Vrancic, Maddison and Murphy all starting in attacking midfield with Harrison Reed behind them on that fateful day out at Millwall. 

It was immediately after that we swapped to the 4-2-3-1 that we still use to this day with Tettey installed at DM and Zimmermann banishing Marcel Franke back to Germany. Obviously the system and personnel still needed tweaking from there but I'd like to believe Farke is sensible enough to have taken the pain of this season in his stride. If we struggle for the first ten games next year, though...

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I haven't seen footage of Klose and Tettey shouting at each other. I saw them all still out on the pitch looking dejected, where the commentators made a fuss out of it to create drama. Is there another one? Seriously, when did we start listening to Robbie Earle, who is one of the absolute worst commentators I've ever heard? If he said it, it must be... wrong.

I see nothing worrying in the ones I've watched. They are gutted. Good. They should be.

Also, there is absolutely zero chance Drmic is on £50k a week, I cannot believe anyone is even debating this. To be fair, that's not to say he isn't overpaid, as £50 a week is too much, he should be paying us to be allowed access to the training facilities.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Haha 1

On 04/07/2020 at 15:58, The Great Mass Debater said:

Drmic is on £50k a week if FM2020 is accurate and he'll want to be off. I think Drmic is a good player, and may have done better with a good run, but is likely to be more effective at a lower level, as is Rupp if we keep them. What we dont want is Drmic being the new Zigic, on big wages in the Championship and offering ordinary performances

It's been mentioned by a few people that Byram is the highest wage earner and that he is on around £30,000 per week so I doubt that FM is accurate.

Although on there, all the players have a 35% wage drop clause if we're relegated.

Maybe we should do a FOI request to find out?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Were you laughing with the troll or at the troll nuffo?

Both I think. I’m not sure I could justify why, but I find Waveney funny rather than irritating (most of the time anyway).

57 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Both I think. I’m not sure I could justify why, but I find Waveney funny rather than irritating (most of the time anyway).

I know what you mean, although he's taken to not addressing me at all since he made such a fool of himself about me terrorising  my  neighbours ( my daughter ,and her family,incidentally) I dont hold it against him . Some of what he posts is genuinely funny , other stuff genuinely pathetic, puerile  and  repetitive. 

• Haha 1

Thinking about the title of this thread I presume this is before Farke vanishes and the players refuse to go back to the dressing room? 

0E462FCA-55C1-4D8E-983C-8A8BE9CD811B.jpeg

Did Farke speak to the players at the end of the game or go straight down the tunnel. That doesn't seem to be clear from this thread. Frank's picture suggests he didn't go straight down the tunnel.

And knowing how the players respect the manager is it not possible the reluctance to go in was because even though they tried they felt they'd let him down.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did Farke speak to the players at the end of the game or go straight down the tunnel. That doesn't seem to be clear from this thread. Frank's picture suggests he didn't go straight down the tunnel.

And knowing how the players respect the manager is it not possible the reluctance to go in was because even though they tried they felt they'd let him down.

Well yeah, but that's not as exciting as trying to peddle lies. Look at how excited some posters got about the Johnson screwing Grabbans wife rubbish.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thinking about the title of this thread I presume this is before Farke vanishes and the players refuse to go back to the dressing room? 

0E462FCA-55C1-4D8E-983C-8A8BE9CD811B.jpeg

You can't see it here but Lukas Rupp is pulling Tom Trybulls hair out of picture and Tettey has just smacked Timm Klose round the back of the head with a defending textbook whilst insulting the size of his nose. Really concerning stuff just before Hernandez zoomed in on a dirtbike and carved out 'Try Godfrey at DM' in the Carrow Road turf.

Honest.

• Haha 6

So, is it over?  Still no further from relegation than before yesterdays match.  Seems no-one immediately above us wants to push on.  Should we just throw in the towel now?  Or will only 4 wins be enough?  The Percy's will rise again!  

Just now, shefcanary said:

So, is it over?  Still no further from relegation than before yesterdays match.  Seems no-one immediately above us wants to push on.  Should we just throw in the towel now?  Or will only 4 wins be enough?  The Percy's will rise again!  

No still not over and miraculously we are still in with the smallest chance. It would be the great escape to end all great escapes though!