cambridgeshire canary

Norwich players refuse to leave the Pitch as Farke vanishes

Some players have been tapped up and don't wish to get injured for their new clubs and some just aren't good enough. 

If Farke has lost the dressing room, then he cannot stay. That is the same for any manager.  

I do have to wonder with the season going into the summer, if as above not tapped up but Webber has already talked with the players and some have asked to move on.  
This would certainly explain the strange choices in line ups and Farkes lack of really getting anything out of his team.

42 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Drmic is on £50k a week if FM2020 is accurate and he'll want to be off. I think Drmic is a good player, and may have done better with a good run, but is likely to be more effective at a lower level, as is Rupp if we keep them. What we dont want is Drmic being the new Zigic, on big wages in the Championship and offering ordinary performances

If this is true that he’s on that sort of money then questions need to be asked, he’s an absolute charlatan and one of the worst centre forwards to play for us in years. It would also cast questions over Webber’s comments when he came here that he couldn’t believe the salaries that very average players had been given..

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I watched the entire coverage and only saw players disappointed - talking rather than arguing.  And they should be disappointed, it just hasn’t worked out this season. 

Surely you’ve got to be disappointed after any loss and definitely if you get relegated? If they weren’t disappointed then they didn’t want it enough in the first place. I get the point you’re making (I think, without wanting to put wordsin your mouth!) - it hasn’t for the most part been due to lack of effort so they shouldn’t be ashamed or embarrassed about their performances, they’ve just not been quite good enough - no shame in that. But if they aren’t all gutted after every loss and definitely gutted after a loss in a game which was pretty much the final chance of staying up, then I’d query whether they ought to be professional footballers.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Clint said:

We’ve shown loyalty haven’t we? In three seasons we’ve been dreadful the vast majority of the time. We had an amazing 7 months last season but that’s it. No one even questioned Farke either this season until the restart. But it has been horrible since and people have a right to ask questions of him.

What are you talking about? That is an amazing comment. Farke and Webber came into a club that was financially heading towards administration with an ageing squad and very few sellable assets (Nelson Oliviera and Josh Murphy apart). In three years we have not only avoided administration (mainly though playing and developing Maddison) but built a side that played some scintillating football and got promoted out of nowhere. We have developed a whole host of young players into very sellable assets and in the main pre-lockdown had fans and club in alignment. I think you under-estimate the strength and quality of the premier league, villa have spent c£150m and 1 place above us and the truth is, we don’t have the quality and we have been found out. It is a relentless league that punishes you and we now look a pale shadow of the side that went up as the players have lost all momentum and confidence. I don’t think Farke is immune from criticism and it has been hard since the restart but to say we’ve only had 7 good months is beyond naive. We need to take the lessons we have learnt in this painful season and start building again from the much stronger financial and playing strength base we have now than when they both walked into the club. 
honestly so many people are so negative and ridiculous in their expectations 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Big O said:

What are you talking about? That is an amazing comment. Farke and Webber came into a club that was financially heading towards administration with an ageing squad and very few sellable assets (Nelson Oliviera and Josh Murphy apart).

What on earth are you talking about, Webber sold BOTH the Murphy's, with Jacob going first, Pritchard, and Howson too! 

Blimey, no right to be calling people out like that if you can't get your own facts right. 

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What on earth are you talking about, Webber sold BOTH the Murphy's, with Jacob going first, Pritchard, and Howson too! 

Blimey, no right to be calling people out like that if you can't get your own facts right. 

I stand corrected but the crux of the main point remains. Despite all of those previous sales happening, we still had to sell Maddison to starve off administration at the end of Farke and Webber’s first full season. This was to correct the mistakes of the past. To say we as a club haven’t made underlying progress both financially and as a playing staff in their time here would be a falsehood. 

It is difficult to gauge the prices for players in a Covid world but I would guess at a cantwell/Aaron’s being in the region of £20m + and we have two seasons of parachute payments to soften the relegation blow. I agree that we must now execute successfully but to say only 7 good months is still not true in my opinion at least 

Edited by Big O
  • Like 1

Big O, with all due respect, do you go to the matches? We were absolutely dire in Farke’s first season, scoring very few goals and conceding by the bucket load. The football was turgid but yet the system and style was rigid. There was a stubbornness towards player selection and a lack of effective substitutions. There was no plan B which ultimately lead to a lower half championship finish, despite having some very good players on the books. Does this not sound familiar? We started last season in similar fashion. At no point am I disputing that Farke did very well to get us promoted hence I said he had an amazing 7 months. But the rest of his reign has been dire. I’m a season ticket holder so fairly thankful I’m being reimbursed for this post lockdown no show and I’m sure that would have been much more pressure on Farke from those that witnessed season one, had crowds been watching this inside Carrow Rd.

Edited by Clint

Clubs on a downward spiral in the main continue on a downward spiral, et al Huddersfield, Hull , Sunderland, Portsmouth, Fulham, Forest, Ipswich, Blackburn and a whole host of others. 

I personally don't see this squad as good enough to gain another promotion and to boot the way Farke wants to play has been found out, and we have had a porous defence over the last two seasons.

Not currently! But usually yes.

The first season was tough but it always was going to be given a significant turnover of players and I think most Norwich fans could see we were in a bad way. It also needs to be recognised how tough it is to build a team and change a playing style, it doesn’t happen in a few months like on football manager games, it takes time, patience and perseverance.

That second season was, as you say, great but we also started this season playing some great football too. Ultimately the brutal nature of the premier league has caught up with us and now we are devoid of confidence. Could the signings have been better - with the power of hindsight absolutely but we haven’t bet the shop and the club is in a much better position than before they both joined. 

As is said previously Farke shouldn’t be immune to criticism but I personally think Farke looks like a progressive manager who learns quickly. I expect us to be competitive again next season. 

35 minutes ago, Big O said:

I stand corrected but the crux of the main point remains. Despite all of those previous sales happening, we still had to sell Maddison to starve off administration at the end of Farke and Webber’s first full season. This was to correct the mistakes of the past. To say we as a club haven’t made underlying progress both financially and as a playing staff in their time here would be a falsehood. 

It is difficult to gauge the prices for players in a Covid world but I would guess at a cantwell/Aaron’s being in the region of £20m + and we have two seasons of parachute payments to soften the relegation blow. I agree that we must now execute successfully but to say only 7 good months is still not true in my opinion at least 

But we really do have to wonder whether he's now repeating some of the mistakes we made to get into that position.

As somebody else said, it would be interesting to know how much we are going to be paying Drmic during those 2 years of parachute payments. He came with a big name and a pedigree, he wouldn't have been cheap. 

Of course, he can negate this by staying fit and scoring lots of goals to help us back up... at the moment I just can't see that happening. I do however concede that Iwan Roberts had a terrible first season before becoming a critical player for a few years.

28 minutes ago, Clint said:

Big O, with all due respect, do you go to the matches? We were absolutely dire in Farke’s first season, scoring very few goals and conceding by the bucket load. The football was turgid but yet the system and style was rigid. There was a stubbornness towards player selection and a lack of effective substitutions. There was no plan B which ultimately lead to a lower half championship finish, despite having some very good players on the books. Does this not sound familiar? We started last season in similar fashion. At no point am I disputing that Farke did very well to get us promoted hence I said he had an amazing 7 months. But the rest of his reign has been dire. I’m a season ticket holder so fairly thankful I’m being reimbursed for this post lockdown no show and I’m sure that would have been much more pressure on Farke from those that witnessed season one, had crowds been watching this inside Carrow Rd.

Thing is, had crowds been watching at Carrow Road I think the performances if not the results would have been very different, so it's pointless speculation.

18 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Clubs on a downward spiral in the main continue on a downward spiral, et al Huddersfield, Hull , Sunderland, Portsmouth, Fulham, Forest, Ipswich, Blackburn and a whole host of others. 

I personally don't see this squad as good enough to gain another promotion and to boot the way Farke wants to play has been found out, and we have had a porous defence over the last two seasons.

Not sure about Forest, they just seem to be stuck in the same place... the Championship. Like Leeds and Derby.

Of course, you can also point to the various teams who have found themselves in League One before achieving a double promotion back to the Premier League, of which we are one. Some teams do hit their 'rock bottom' and we're a long way from that. 

We yo-yo'd under Alex Neil, just have to hope we can manage that again. Need to go back to the drawing board again though, can't come back up with this squad playing the same football. 

If that needs a change of head coach then so be it, but it may just require a good transfer window and Farke having a better squad at his disposal.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, JF said:

If this is true that he’s on that sort of money then questions need to be asked, he’s an absolute charlatan and one of the worst centre forwards to play for us in years. It would also cast questions over Webber’s comments when he came here that he couldn’t believe the salaries that very average players had been given..

Byram is the highest earner at the club, it was noted in a webber interview and he is on around £30k a week

1 minute ago, Clint said:

Big O, with all due respect, do you go to the matches? We were absolutely dire in Farke’s first season, scoring very few goals and conceding by the bucket load. The football was turgid but yet the system and style was rigid. There was a stubbornness towards player selection and a lack of effective substitutions. There was no plan B which ultimately lead to a lower half championship finish, despite having some very good players on the books. Does this not sound familiar? We started last season in similar fashion. At no point am I disputing that Farke did very well to get us promoted hence I said he had an amazing 7 months. But the rest of his reign had been dire.

See this is the point I continually made last season. Lots of fans don't like Farke's football. They didn't like it last season until it became churlish to moan because he was getting results. It was probably only an amazing six months in truth. Because it probably took until November for us to be "one city strong". Up until then the flags and banners were ridiculed. But as we won more everyone bought in to Farke and his football ending with wild celebrations when he signed his new contract. I don't remember any saying we shouldn't have given him that new contract either. 

Then at the start of this season the sentiment seemed to be if we were relegated in Webber and Farke we had the people for another go in the champs.

Was the new contract a mistake in your view Clint?

• Like 2

Check out the video on the Norwich City Facebook page, it’s the one about the goal. About 50 posts in there is a video from the American tv, shows Cantwell, Hernandez, Klose and Tettey, intimating that they did not want to go back and face Farke. No smoke without fire, would love to be a fly on the dressing room wall.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But we really do have to wonder whether he's now repeating some of the mistakes we made to get into that position.

As somebody else said, it would be interesting to know how much we are going to be paying Drmic during those 2 years of parachute payments. He came with a big name and a pedigree, he wouldn't have been cheap. 

Of course, he can negate this by staying fit and scoring lots of goals to help us back up... at the moment I just can't see that happening. I do however concede that Iwan Roberts had a terrible first season before becoming a critical player for a few years.

It’s a fair challenge on Drmic and his wage but I assume they added in the lack of transfer fee to the equation. I’d also be amazed if there isn’t some type of relegation exit clause/wage drop. 

for the record, I’m not against a change in coach at some point, I think they all have a shelf life but I believe he atleast deserves a good chance to show he has learnt from this season and build on the base he has. 

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Check out the video on the Norwich City Facebook page, it’s the one about the goal. About 50 posts in there is a video from the American tv, shows Cantwell, Hernandez, Klose and Tettey, intimating that they did not want to go back and face Farke. No smoke without fire, would love to be a fly on the dressing room wall.

It is actually concerning that players as experienced as Klose and Tettey would be afraid of their manager.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It is actually concerning that players as experienced as Klose and Tettey would be afraid of their manager.

Probably more afraid of what they might say about team selection 

7 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Farke is a gonner. Lost the respect of the players. Been evident since the restart and today was the last straw

10 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can you (or anyone else) find a link to this? I've had a look on the FB page but I can't find it.

9 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I can’t see the video but I would be pretty sure that Man Utd players didn’t want to go in the dressing room after a defeat when Fergy was in charge, didn’t mean he’d lost the dressing room.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I can’t see the video but I would be pretty sure that Man Utd players didn’t want to go in the dressing room after a defeat when Fergy was in charge, didn’t mean he’d lost the dressing room.

But they respected him far too much to actually not go into the dressing room and instead sit down on the pitch for the worlds TV cameras to see. 

To see the experienced pros like Klose and Tettey do that, both of who have worn the armband, is quite damning! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Can you (or anyone else) find a link to this? I've had a look on the FB page but I can't find it.

See the post that says “ Trossard ’s first goal “ it’s way down about 40/50 posts in

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

See the post that says “ Trossard ’s first goal “ it’s way down about 40/50 posts in

Posted by Shawn Esgate

• Thanks 1

So how do they intimate they didn’t want to go in the dressing room ? Did one of them say something or has the forums body language expert made a re appearance ?

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But they respected him far too much to actually not go into the dressing room and instead sit down on the pitch for the worlds TV cameras to see. 

To see the experienced pros like Klose and Tettey do that, both of who have worn the armband, is quite damning! 

Just deflated  that's all. But do carry on shoite stirring and conspiracy theorizing.  Smug know all pirck.

• Like 1

Jesus christ it's not eastenders or your teenage crush.

It's just a bunch of dejected players who know they're now relegated, looking like dejected players who know they're now relegated. Nothing to do with "not wanting to see Farke" or whatever associated rubbish people have just made up. They shouldn't want to go see him. They dont need to immediately go down the tunnel either.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

So how do they intimate they didn’t want to go in the dressing room ? Did one of them say something or has the forums body language expert made a re appearance ?

Nah just the expert on everything  except solutions.... who now wants to change his name cos the man he hitched his star to has lost form. If he hadn't  said he worked for a  bank I'd think he was 13. Maybe it was work experience.