cambridgeshire canary

Norwich players refuse to leave the Pitch as Farke vanishes

I watched the entire coverage and only saw players disappointed - talking rather than arguing.  And they should be disappointed, it just hasn’t worked out this season. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Clint said:

Til, what did Farke day the other day? I’ve stopped listening to him.

Me too. Like a politician. Boring.

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I wonder how we might regroup? I recall reading that players who are relegated have negative feelings about them  and this hinders them when in a lower league ...knowing they're not good enough for a higher league anyway (was it Webber who stated that a couple of years ago?). Or is this just psychological guff? And yet if there is a grain of truth in this view perhaps we do need a major reset.

I also recall Webber saying during the summer that one of our transfer strategies was not wanting to sign players that had relegations on their CV. 

Probably not a squad building strategy that has aged well - considering our entire squad is about to have one... 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Gosh I wish he would just pack it in and save the humiliation of the club

i am a glass half full kinda guy but he is really testing my positivity now 

I thought you were a "scampi portion too small" kind of guy

We relegeted since moment we lost from winless Watford at home.

Some key points is also Pukki VARdisalowed goal at home vs Spurs( I think that hurt him a lot also)

Some hopes after beat Leicester and Spurs(cup) but COVID,empty CR and news that we have only Klose and Godfrey for busy schedule confirmed our relagation.

Still not understand some fans as we are at much better rooster and players value than 2 years ago.

Simply we must back on wining way soon after champinship start and bring back happy mood around .Empty grounds not work on our way so lets hope soon end this nightmare too.

Heads up for next season as nothing new happen only record 6th relegation from PL lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

You clearly did not read my post when I said that had covid NOT happened then the FCR faithful would have let the club know what they thought of the shambles. Once again you join the long queue who still will not 'get over' the Hughton relegation season.

As for the descriptions I gave at the start, if that sounds pompous to you then fine. If you feel embarrassed by it then (again) fine. Perhaps you should trundle off down to the local, order a pint and lose some of your straight laced personality. It's called 'banter' my friend.    

You're absolutely right, I did miss your mentioning COVID. Probably because I was too busy rolling my eyes at the other **** in your post.

It isn't banter, it's being a **** on the internet.

Cheers Til. Seems an odd time to come out and say that. Almost like a ‘think yourselves lucky to have me’ kind of statement.

Edited by Clint

They're not good enough, it's as simple as that. The table doesnt lie and we are where we deserve to be. It's just reality sinking in.

We fans also need to let reality sink in. We need to let this season go now and realise its all about next season and the long term approach of the club

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Gosh I wish he would just pack it in and save the humiliation of the club

i am a glass half full kinda guy but he is really testing my positivity now 

One of your best.  Well done.

The big problem is that next season will follow all too swiftly on from this season. I’m not sure exactly how much time there will be, but certainly a lot less than normal and less time to shake off that losing habit.

Next season looks like being very problematic, especially if Drmic, Duda and Rupp were to be heavily involved.

4 minutes ago, Clint said:

Cheers Til. Seems an odd time to come out and say that. Almost like a ‘think yourselves lucky to have me’ kind of statement.

The timing of that struck me as odd too in the middle of our relegation fight and i use the word fight loosely.

43 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

You think players refusing to go off at full time and arguing on the pitch is a positive sign hoggy?!

That's all part of the project. 

13 minutes ago, Boris said:

We relegeted since moment we lost from winless Watford at home.

Some key points is also Pukki VARdisalowed goal at home vs Spurs( I think that hurt him a lot also)

Some hopes after beat Leicester and Spurs(cup) but COVID,empty CR and news that we have only Klose and Godfrey for busy schedule confirmed our relagation.

Still not understand some fans as we are at much better rooster and players value than 2 years ago.

Simply we must back on wining way soon after champinship start and bring back happy mood around .Empty grounds not work on our way so lets hope soon end this nightmare too.

Heads up for next season as nothing new happen only record 6th relegation from PL lol

I do think things could have been different this season, mainly from an injury point of view. The centre-back situaton saw us get off to a difficult start and once you lose buoyancy and keep losing its hard, especially with young players, to turn the ship. We really missed Zimmermann this season I think. Talismanic and a inspirational. We missed his leaderhip. Pukki got off to a great start but then played with an injury which seemed to disrupt his form and he's struggled to get it back.

It could have been different, but we have no right to have been expectant that it should have been

• Like 1

Need Zimmerman,Hanley and Byram fully fit for September...then at least if Aarons and Godfrey do go ,there's not quite the pressing need to replace in those areas.

We scored 94 goals last season...difficult to see that replicated again next, even allowing for the drop in level. Any money available from sales and parachute payments will need to be invested at the top end of the pitch

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

They're not good enough, it's as simple as that. The table doesnt lie and we are where we deserve to be. It's just reality sinking in.

We fans also need to let reality sink in. We need to let this season go now and realise its all about next season and the long term approach of the club

If the "long term approach" of the club involves having Drmic and Rupp until summer 2022 then excuse me if I don't get overwhelmingly excited by that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clint said:

Id be inclined to say he was simply saying, I've shown loyalty, Id like the club and the fans to do the same

• Like 1

Interesting to see people complaining about Farke dropping Pukki in favour of someone who has done  **** all. What has Pukki done, or even looked like doing, since the toe injury earlier in the year?  Many were calling for Farke to make changes, but then wringing their hands when he does. Given that we were only a goal down when a fresh Pukki, Cantwell and Idah came on, you might have thought we could have made a game of it. If we had, many would be applauding Farke's genius.Let's face it, managers are tactical magician's in the eyes of some when it's going well, and clueless clowns in the eyes of others when it's not.  

It's been a crap season, and a massive opportunity to establish ourselves in the PL missed, but there are an awful lot more clubs whose fans feel they should be in the PL than there are places. The PL consists of about 10 permanent clubs, with the other places being filled with transitional clubs, some who stay for a few years before dropping back down, and others, like us, who seem to yoyo up and down with monotonous regularity.

Confidence plays a massive part in the game, and losing runs are much easier to get into than out of. That being said, it is the manager's job to try and build that confidence. Sometimes though teams do need the crowd behind them, particularly when up against superior opposition, and I think Norwich have suffered more than many in this respect.

At the end of the day, I for one won't miss VAR, players conning the ref, £6 hot dogs and going to away games knowing it will be a long, depressing drive home.

• Like 5

We’ve shown loyalty haven’t we? In three seasons we’ve been dreadful the vast majority of the time. We had an amazing 7 months last season but that’s it. No one even questioned Farke either this season until the restart. But it has been horrible since and people have a right to ask questions of him.

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If the "long term approach" of the club involves having Drmic and Rupp until summer 2022 then excuse me if I don't get overwhelmingly excited by that. 

Have to agree ref Drmic... totally ineffective.  Idah did more in his cameo to upset them than  Drmic done all season. Rupp should be decent enough in the Champs, like the Ginger lad from Southampton  was it?

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Drmic is on £50k a week if FM2020 is accurate and he'll want to be off. I think Drmic is a good player, and may have done better with a good run, but is likely to be more effective at a lower level, as is Rupp if we keep them. What we dont want is Drmic being the new Zigic, on big wages in the Championship and offering ordinary performances

4 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Interesting to see people complaining about Farke dropping Pukki in favour of someone who has done  **** all. What has Pukki done, or even looked like doing, since the toe injury earlier in the year?  Many were calling for Farke to make changes, but then wringing their hands when he does. Given that we were only a goal down when a fresh Pukki, Cantwell and Idah came on, you might have thought we could have made a game of it. If we had, many would be applauding Farke's genius.Let's face it, managers are tactical magician's in the eyes of some when it's going well, and clueless clowns in the eyes of others when it's not.  

It's been a crap season, and a massive opportunity to establish ourselves in the PL missed, but there are an awful lot more clubs whose fans feel they should be in the PL than there are places. The PL consists of about 10 permanent clubs, with the other places being filled with transitional clubs, some who stay for a few years before dropping back down, and others, like us, who seem to yoyo up and down with monotonous regularity.

Confidence plays a massive part in the game, and losing runs are much easier to get into than out of. That being said, it is the manager's job to try and build that confidence. Sometimes though teams do need the crowd behind them, particularly when up against superior opposition, and I think Norwich have suffered more than many in this respect.

At the end of the day, I for one won't miss VAR, players conning the ref, £6 hot dogs and going to away games knowing it will be a long, depressing drive home.

Id slit my wrists if they announced VAR in the Championship next season. Im looking forward to being well rid of it

42 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Never good enough this season and that was apparent well before Xmas. A pity the Covids strung the season out else we would now be getting all excited about another promotion run😉👍😁

And looking at another 2 or 3 low cost foreign players?

You and I are well used to seasons like this of course but today just seemed kinda weird.

I have defended DF and to a point Webber as well. But seeing that lineup before the game puzzled me and the performance was even weirder.

Watching DF just sat in the dug out reminded me of Chris Hughton arms folded and Alex Neil just spitting at his feet. In other words, I'm done here.

No wonder some of the players looked shocked after the game. We've all played the game at whatever level and played out of our skins only to have one or two let us down time after time. And then they get picked next game.

We praised DF for playing youngsters last season but now he is picking duffers instead of Idah and Martin.

You and I knew we wouldn't be good enough this season but it is finishing without any of the never give in attitude of last season.

And I am worried we will only have a short break before we go again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Interesting to see people complaining about Farke dropping Pukki in favour of someone who has done  **** all. What has Pukki done, or even looked like doing, since the toe injury earlier in the year?  Many were calling for Farke to make changes, but then wringing their hands when he does.

What has Drmic done... ever? He's a **** poor player. I don't give a toss if Pukki is starting, but if he isn't then it should be Idah because at least he looks capable of being a goal threat. Drmic just ponces around doing nothing every week.

Why the **** is Duda anywhere near the pitch? He's utterly useless, and will be going back to Berlin in 3 weeks. Why bother? Play Mario or even Stiepi. Won't be any worse and at least they actually give a toss about the club and have proven in the past that they can be effective. 

In short, yes everyone is calling for changes. Nobody is wringing their hands because Farke has made them, but because he repeatedly makes bad ones and puts **** players in from the start at the expense of players who at least offer SOMETHING.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Id slit my wrists if they announced VAR in the Championship next season. Im looking forward to being well rid of it

Its killed football and just given people the ability to influence a game as they wish.

The Tottenham goal during the week was a great example of that. 

The 2 dives today from Brighton players were embarrassing and Lamptey should have been booked for diving.

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

There's a smell of death about our club, not just on the pitch but off it.  Starting with owners who don't really care anymore but refuse to let go.  Anyone who imagines that normal service will be resumed next season is in for a nasty shock, despite the very considerable financial advantage, in the post-covid era, of parachute payments.  This is beginning to look terminal.

Just quoting this so it's easy to find the ridiculous OTT posts that happen whenever a club gets relegated. I remember being told after Farkes first season League One beckoned and our owners would never get us near the prem again...

Actually, werent you one of those?

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Were they arguing or just fed up with losing again? I would be more worried if they were all laughing and smiling after going  4 league games conceding 9 goals and scoring zero....

Well if it was because they were fed up, it's a pity the players didn't think about how it would feel to lose the game before it started and it's even more a pity that they didn't think about it 5 games ago.

You can't tell me that they went out and gave it their all or ran through brick walls to get a result.

Too many simply going through the motions and they couldn't even make a half decent attempt at that.

They are not playing for Farke and they have all but downed tools.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Just quoting this so it's easy to find the ridiculous OTT posts that happen whenever a club gets relegated. I remember being told after Farkes first season League One beckoned and our owners would never get us near the prem again...

Actually, werent you one of those?

It’s one of those new accounts that only appeared at the beginning of the year when things were going badly.

• Like 1