Sign in to follow this  
peter72

Can i have everyone's attention here please ?

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If the big guns don’t come  in for want away players and clubs like Brighton will pay the fee then they’ll still be gone. 

The point was that Brighton are bottom six material every year so are not going to be top of anyone’s list of PL clubs they want to play for, more like bottom. 

Either we keep the player, or get a decent fee for them as we’re under no pressure to sell. Win-win.

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The point was that Brighton are bottom six material every year so are not going to be top of anyone’s list of PL clubs they want to play for, more like bottom. 

Either we keep the player, or get a decent fee for them as we’re under no pressure to sell. Win-win.

Keep players who are worth a lot of money who want to leave us?  Ok let’s see. 

Don't bite. Have a bit of a laugh at it. its meaningless unless you react. He follows his club and we follow ours.

I expect some Leeds and maybe Ipswich will be on at some time. Just let them have their mickey take. Its only a matter of time for many to e in the same position as us right now. In fact, three more next year.

Got to give it to Brighton what they have achieved. Remember going there and standing on a grass mound now they have a stadium to be proud of and we have the Holiday Inn and the  antiquated Main stand with conference league dugouts

13 hours ago, daly said:

Got to give it to Brighton what they have achieved. Remember going there and standing on a grass mound now they have a stadium to be proud of and we have the Holiday Inn and the  antiquated Main stand with conference league dugouts

Thanks for your kind words. i like you 

14 hours ago, daly said:

Still Carrow Rd is only 3,000 seats behind the Amex. 

16 hours ago, Herman said:

Is this that Adam div from last year?

Yes that div!!!

That div  who predicted you would be finish bottom  and be cut adrift 

That div who said you were relegated the moment the transfer window shut 

That div who said it was criminal spending less than 5 million on players.

That div who told home truths which some didn't  like and yet again i proved right

That div who said your board has taken you lot for mugs. 

That div who said quite a few on here had absolutely no idea about football but i still received unnecessary   abuse

That div who got accused of being an Ipswich fan 

8 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Still Carrow Rd is only 3,000 seats behind the Amex. 

Another 1750 seats will be added when given the green light. Capacity going up to 32k. That's still not big enough as we have 8k waiting list.

Are you Adam or Peter?

So how many millions did you spend for your yearly relegation fight?

5 minutes ago, peter72 said:

Yes that div!!!

That div who told home truths which some didn't  like and yet again i proved right

That div who said quite a few on here had absolutely no idea about football but i still received unnecessary   abuse

And the div who is making himself look a real plonker yet again. It's all been said, it'll be your turn another season - quite likely it will be us taking your place when you go down. It's all in cycles - and our club will not suffer in the way other clubs suffer when they get relegated with their big money players - Stoke, Middsbro, Huddersfield, all grovelling at the bottom of the championship after their one or two seasons in the sun, wondering where it all went wrong when they spent all that money....... 

Not sure what your motives are, but I would rather think you are the exception rather than the rule - that Brighton supporters are generally a good bunch and you are one of the few exceptions. Enjoy next season trying to avoid te drop again.

13 minutes ago, peter72 said:

Yes that div!!!

If you come on another football club's forum bleating about how sh*t they are, you deserve all the abuse you get.

I bet most true Brighton fans would be hugely embarrassed by the way you're behaving.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Brighton will be down next season and this poster will disappear. 

That’s Leeds and Brighton down then, your crystal ball telling you the 3rd team please? 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s Leeds and Brighton down then, your crystal ball telling you the 3rd team please? 

Whichever team of the next poster to sign up on here and take the p*ss 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, peter72 said:

Yes that div!!!

Your six points behind Palace, very poor.

Of all the away fans I’ve met in the city on the way to a game (and no matter how many seats there are, I wouldn’t swap Carrow Rd for the bang average Amex), a Brighton fan before the 3-3 a few years ago was by far the nicest away fan I’ve ever met. We walked from Tombland to the ground having a great chat about both clubs, their chances for that season and just life in general.

You (whatever your name is) are clearly not that man and are starting to tarnish my memory of that day, so please do us all a favour and **** off.

Though please do return when your time in the PL is up. It’s inevitable and will be round sooner than you hope and think 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Of all the away fans I’ve met in the city on the way to a game (and no matter how many seats there are, I wouldn’t swap Carrow Rd for the bang average Amex), a Brighton fan before the 3-3 a few years ago was by far the nicest away fan I’ve ever met. We walked from Tombland to the ground having a great chat about both clubs, their chances for that season and just life in general.

You (whatever your name is) are clearly not that man and are starting to tarnish my memory of that day, so please do us all a favour and **** off.

Though please do return when your time in the PL is up. It’s inevitable and will be round sooner than you hope and think 

What's Adam / Peter gonna do if Bloom goes....£280m in debt. The ground would make for some nice holiday chalets / timeshare..... I mean no one would really care about them going.. they are a bit Wigan of the South really..✌️👊🤟

Brighton have done well, you can't argue with that. 

They decided to sack Hughton after he kept them up - and received plenty of criticism. But it was a very savvy move, and clearly they saw similarities when Hughton was with us. They could see his brand of football wasn't sustainable long term, and probably avoided relegation by getting rid of him for Potter this season. Graham Potter was becoming very highly rated, so they moved at a time when they knew they could get him. You have to admit, they are ambitious and proactive with there approach.

I personally can see Brighton improving again and having more success before any downturn in fortunes. 

Fair play to them, a decent example of how it can be done. I think they're very well run. 

Edited by Il Pirata

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Brighton have done well, you can't argue with that. 

They decided to sack Hughton after he kept them up - and received plenty of criticism. But it was a very savvy move, and clearly they saw similarities when Hughton was with us. They could see his brand of football wasn't sustainable long term, and probably avoided relegation by getting rid of him for Potter this season. Graham Potter was becoming very highly rated, so they moved at a time when they knew they could get him. You have to admit, they are ambitious and proactive with there approach.

I personally can see Brighton improving again and having more success before any downturn in fortunes. 

Fair play to them, a decent example of how it can be done. I think they're very well run. 

Stop it with your sensible adult response.... We are here to annoy Adam / Peter....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

What's Adam / Peter gonna do if Bloom goes....£280m in debt. The ground would make for some nice holiday chalets / timeshare..... I mean no one would really care about them going.. they are a bit Wigan of the South really..✌️👊🤟

The trouble with people like you  who i often correct and educate,  don't know much about football/geography  outside of Norfolk.

How many clubs  including Wigan you highlighted that are currently in the Championship can consistently have attendances of 25k and upwards ?

Even your so called fallen big clubs  like Forest and Wednesday cannot get anywhere near our gates.  When we were in the Championship we even beat Leeds every season. Only Newcastle and Villa have topped us.

I will also educate you on populations. The conurbation of both east and west Sussex is around 1.4 million. With only one noddy professional club like Crawley in Sussex. That's a lot of people to tap into. 

The fact is the Amex is to small for us. With London on our doorstep, clubs like Arsenal, Spurs etc could easily bring down 10k but our away end only holds 2.5k

We have an 8k waiting list and growing. Realistically we could fill a 45k stadium 75% of the time in the Premier league. It's clubs like yourselves and Burnley who have zero pulling power and where you will see empty seats. 

The potential for my club is huge, most people outside of Norfolk can see this.  Complete opposite to you lot. Your chairman found some loose change down the back of a friends  sofa and used that for transfer fees.. 

And you wonder why other fans laugh at your club ?

2 hours ago, peter72 said:

The trouble with people like you  who i often correct and educate,  don't know much about football/geography  outside of Norfolk.

How many clubs  including Wigan you highlighted that are currently in the Championship can consistently have attendances of 25k and upwards ?

Even your so called fallen big clubs  like Forest and Wednesday cannot get anywhere near our gates.  When we were in the Championship we even beat Leeds every season. Only Newcastle and Villa have topped us.

I will also educate you on populations. The conurbation of both east and west Sussex is around 1.4 million. With only one noddy professional club like Crawley in Sussex. That's a lot of people to tap into. 

The fact is the Amex is to small for us. With London on our doorstep, clubs like Arsenal, Spurs etc could easily bring down 10k but our away end only holds 2.5k

We have an 8k waiting list and growing. Realistically we could fill a 45k stadium 75% of the time in the Premier league. It's clubs like yourselves and Burnley who have zero pulling power and where you will see empty seats. 

The potential for my club is huge, most people outside of Norfolk can see this.  Complete opposite to you lot. Your chairman found some loose change down the back of a friends  sofa and used that for transfer fees.. 

And you wonder why other fans laugh at your club ?

The point wasn’t about the potential of how many you can get into the ground. You’ve got an 8k waiting list, good for you but who cares, it’s not gate receipts that PL clubs rely on, its staying in the league. As poor as our transfer activity was, we will be ok going down due to the structure setup. We have no other way or operating as we don’t have a mega rich owner bankrolling us through some hefty transfer fees.

You’ve picked a weird argument as we also have fantastic attendances and could easily increase our capacity and still sell out each week. Though saying that, it’s weird you’re on another teams forum in the first place. What issue do you have with us? You’ve shown you don’t enough about us to have a reasoned debate and you clearly just want to pick a fight anyway.

So, as I said, you have at least one fantastic supporter and to him and others like him I wish Brighton all the best. To you I say enjoy the good times while they last (if you count scrapping for survival as ‘good’) because it won’t be forever and then the financial worries will be back.

Now please leave us alone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

The point wasn’t about the potential of how many you can get into the ground. You’ve got an 8k waiting list, good for you but who cares, it’s not gate receipts that PL clubs rely on, its staying in the league. As poor as our transfer activity was, we will be ok going down due to the structure setup. We have no other way or operating as we don’t have a mega rich owner bankrolling us through some hefty transfer fees.

You’ve picked a weird argument as we also have fantastic attendances and could easily increase our capacity and still sell out each week. Though saying that, it’s weird you’re on another teams forum in the first place. What issue do you have with us? You’ve shown you don’t enough about us to have a reasoned debate and you clearly just want to pick a fight anyway.

So, as I said, you have at least one fantastic supporter and to him and others like him I wish Brighton all the best. To you I say enjoy the good times while they last (if you count scrapping for survival as ‘good’) because it won’t be forever and then the financial worries will be back.

Now please leave us alone.

Portsmouth, Southampton always the footballing Cities on the south coast, no one really cares or considers Brighton anything but a day tripper town.  They are like a small Palace really..

I wonder if our fans were such bell ends when we were a PL club that signed Elliot Bennett from a small club at the time who were playing in league 1?

Edited by JF

I still laugh when I think about the time the Brighton forum was celebrating the signing of Alex Pritchard. Dave, who’s real name was Bernard, and Peter, who’s real name was Doris, we’re as happy as seagulls in seagull shoite.

But then Pritchard got a waaaay better offer 😂