3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'd have played Cantwell instead of Duda and Pukki instead of Drmic, but otherwise that side is spot on. 

Agreed but I'd consider the Drmic / Duda positions as key positions and getting them 'wrong' invalidates the rest being 'correct'.

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Agreed but I'd consider the Drmic / Duda positions as key positions and getting them 'wrong' invalidates the rest being 'correct'.

Exactly, he has no choice with the defence and I can understand keeping the stability of Tettey and McClean rather than Vrancic but no excuse for that top 2.

lets just hope we are all proved wrong

• Like 1

OK, let's put a different slant on things. So the team selection is questionable..... But

This game is winnable and a good second half performance is critical. With 5 substitutions then we will finish the game with a stronger team hence having a better chance of 3 points

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We tried that a few matches ago.

Quitter.😉

Edited by wcorkcanary

5 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Exactly, he has no choice with the defence and I can understand keeping the stability of Tettey and McClean rather than Vrancic but no excuse for that top 2.

lets just hope we are all proved wrong

Definitely hope we're all wrong and Duda and Drmic between them win us the match. I'll happily accept I'm wrong in my opinions that Drmic is worse than my 7 year old son and Duda is nondescript, boring and totally incapable of creating anything.

I can understand giving players time to recover as we’ve played lots of games, but Drmic starting is just bonkers, what he sees in him is beyond me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Will Kenny ever be dropped? Can’t remember when he last had a good game. 

Honestly the number of players we can say have had a good game in recent memory can be counted on one hand. McLean is hardly alone.

Farke is gradually losing all the support and respect from last season, probably just as well there is no crowd, it could have gone very nasty, no Cantwell is ridiculous 

22 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'd have played Cantwell instead of Duda and Pukki instead of Drmic, but otherwise that side is spot on. 

Me too, but that is pretty key to having any chance of winning

This is the first sign of the Pro-Farke Supporters (inc. myself) getting worried about his line-up selection..

How on earth Drmic gets in after his performance against Arsenal is a complete mystery (he won't win headers against Brighton Defence) and Duda, nobody seemingly sees what he offers?

I had really hoped Farke had turned a corner on the basis of the first 10mins against Arsenal in the second half and realised that a wing-back system would suit us down to the ground.

Krul, Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis, Onel, Tettey, Vrancic, Buendia, Cantwell, Pukki in a 5-2-2-1 wingback formation.

both Buendia and Cantwell are most effective in the centre linking up with Pukki.

Worried.

It's a very brave selection - either it works and he gets to say "I told you so" or it doesn't and his cash in the bank with supporters goes down a long way.

Maybe preparing for next season already, with Drmic the main striker but then why is Duda in there? There has to be a big problem with Pukki - maybe his fitness is an issue. Buendia rather than Cantwell is also a puzzle.

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Fake mus see something in Drmic we do not see, not sure what it is though, lets hope he proves us all wrong........

Did Daniel go on a holiday to Switzerland when he was 15 and have a fling with a local girl?! It's the only explanation I have as to why Drmic gets in the team. 

• Haha 1

I just thought... as we can't do well in the 2nd half is DF trying to hold it in the 1st half then bring on new energy with Todd and Adam and maybe switch Onel with Josh??

Maybe this is the game plan? 

It's our 'Duda' day

with one of him or Dr Mic to score

• Like 1

I really truly hope to be proved wrong but why he persists with Drmic is absolutely beyond me, I can understand that Pukki is out of form but why in that case is Idah not given a go?

Another very questionable team selection in my view. Pleased to see Onel start but Pukki and Cantwell on the bench is peculiar even allowing for Pukkis loss of form.

i hope we still have enough to play well and pull out a result but I am frustrated that in three home games since the re-start, all of which are/were “winnable” Farke has not selected what I (and I think most of us) would consider to be our best available side. That is strange. 

1 minute ago, robertociNCFC said:

I really truly hope to be proved wrong but why he persists with Drmic is absolutely beyond me, I can understand that Pukki is out of form but why in that case is Idah not given a go?

Pukki may be out of form but we know that he is capable. Drmic is out of form (unless this is considered good for him?!) and most  (all?) people think that he is incapable. 

Hugely odd team selection. He can talk about resting players but if we actually think we have a chance of staying up we have to play our best team.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apart from Pukki and Cantwell, how many have this team scored between them?

According to Rio Ferdinand. 5!! 

I don’t have a particular problem with the lineup - with the number of games being played we have to rotate the squad.  Just because we don’t have the depth of options that is not Farke’s fault. It’s not just about how many goals the side has scored, it’s about creating chances, and Pukki is hardly on form.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t have a particular problem with the lineup - with the number of games being played we have to rotate the squad.  Just because we don’t have the depth of options that is not Farke’s fault.

This.

27 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Definitely hope we're all wrong and Duda and Drmic between them win us the match. I'll happily accept I'm wrong in my opinions that Drmic is worse than my 7 year old son and Duda is nondescript, boring and totally incapable of creating anything.

Why do you even bother to post that? Unless you're clinically insane.

(((((Buffstreams.tv seems to be the place to go for people who don't have another way of watching the match))))  Shhhh!

Just now, ron obvious said:

Why do you even bother to post that? Unless you're clinically insane.

Reading between the lines I think he is 7 years old.

Why not wait at least until half time before posting really negative comments. If we're being hammered then, it's fair enough. Just try and support the team in the meantime. Who knows eh? They might just put a performance in. Duda might score. We don't know yet.

Baffled too.    Drmic has done nothing since the return to justify a place over Martin, let alone Pukki and Idah.     We are down to 12 first team starters and Drmic and Duda aren't in that group.   

Sad to see this as it seems Daniel can't see what is so obvious.