Sign in to follow this  
hps2031a

It’s all about the board.

I know most of this is stating the bleeding obvious, but I just need to get it out there.

Having a solid foundation is so important, and our board is not that solid foundation.

No matter what the remaining games hold, this season has been a total calamity, from start to finish.

The injuries to centre backs, and not getting replacements or cover, started it all off, massive issue.

The recruitment, and lack of investment, played a significant part.

The style of play. We have a manager trying to play a style, without having players capable, I believe Mr Farke will go on to better things at a club who can provide the players to play his style, but the players we have in our squad, aren’t capable of playing his style at this level, and we don’t have players to change the style, we can’t go long because there is no one capable of holding the ball for two seconds, and even if we did, we don’t go forward quick enough to support.
The is very little in the way of fight, no leader, no spine through the team, we are weak, and have little heart, you need to fight for everything in this league, we go behind and that’s that, end of story we capitulate.

The management team are in some way responsible, with the recruitment, but even a slightly bigger investment we would have stood a chance, but until the board has a change or rethink, we will always be a good championship team, and **** poor premier league team, no massive expectations, just enough to not be beat nearly every time you walk up that tunnel, OK, there is the rare occasion when someone else doesn't turn up, but in this league that’s not often.

There are too many players that are not good enough, Yes, some of the younger players will leave on merit, but we have a few more seasons of this to come, unless something changes.

In summary this is written from frustration, knowing we could have done better, but based on our track record, this is as best as it gets, last season was up there with the best, as this season is down there with some of the worst. 

19 minutes ago, hps2031a said:

I know most of this is stating the bleeding obvious, but I just need to get it out there.

Having a solid foundation is so important, and our board is not that solid foundation.

No matter what the remaining games hold, this season has been a total calamity, from start to finish.

The injuries to centre backs, and not getting replacements or cover, started it all off, massive issue.

The recruitment, and lack of investment, played a significant part.

The style of play. We have a manager trying to play a style, without having players capable, I believe Mr Farke will go on to better things at a club who can provide the players to play his style, but the players we have in our squad, aren’t capable of playing his style at this level, and we don’t have players to change the style, we can’t go long because there is no one capable of holding the ball for two seconds, and even if we did, we don’t go forward quick enough to support.
The is very little in the way of fight, no leader, no spine through the team, we are weak, and have little heart, you need to fight for everything in this league, we go behind and that’s that, end of story we capitulate.

The management team are in some way responsible, with the recruitment, but even a slightly bigger investment we would have stood a chance, but until the board has a change or rethink, we will always be a good championship team, and **** poor premier league team, no massive expectations, just enough to not be beat nearly every time you walk up that tunnel, OK, there is the rare occasion when someone else doesn't turn up, but in this league that’s not often.

There are too many players that are not good enough, Yes, some of the younger players will leave on merit, but we have a few more seasons of this to come, unless something changes.

In summary this is written from frustration, knowing we could have done better, but based on our track record, this is as best as it gets, last season was up there with the best, as this season is down there with some of the worst. 

...."we have a few more seasons of this to come"....

I'll have some of that for sure 😊

I don't accept that Farke's style can't work with the squad he has, just look at what Bielsa has achieved at Leeds with average championship players most of whom he inherited. What I think Norwich need are experienced PL players in certain positions who can help progress the likes of Aarons, Cantwell and Godfrey.