Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So Jose Mourinho thinks Max Aarons is too small..

It’s the cheapest excuse in football... the amount of players dropped by academies for that very reason is frightening.    It’s a self-confirmation that the coach isn’t good enough!

Mourinho’s biggest tormentors were a Barca side full of short guys.   He has been a busted flush for the past 10 years. 

If Max does leave, he should avoid that bloke like COVID!

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

It’s the cheapest excuse in football... the amount of players dropped by academies for that very reason is frightening.    It’s a self-confirmation that the coach isn’t good enough!

Mourinho’s biggest tormentors were a Barca side full of short guys.   He has been a busted flush for the past 10 years. 

Absolutely this. I'd recommend Jonathan Wilson's The Barcelona Legacy for some more insight on Mourinho (and, indeed, Guardiola, Van Gaal, Luis Enrique and many others). While all the other managers and future managers who worked at Barcelona in the 1990s went on to follow Cruyff's model of football to some degree, Mourinho totally rejected it and wore his status as a badge of honour.

• Thanks 1

Tottenham under  Pochettino would have been a good move for Max.

He'll encourage, trust and nurture younger players- Winks, Skipp & Walker-Peters given their debuts, both Prem starters this season, albeit KWP at Saints.

A few he gave debuts to haven't yet progressed-but they're playing at a high enough level- Onomah at Villa.

But Jose? Rashford found it hard under him at Man Utd but you could argue that tough period was the making of him.

If he goes, the fee will be the classic "...up to" figure-which will look good, although the immediate down payment or initial fee paid will probably be nearer to what we got for Josh. Time will tell.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Tottenham under  Pochettino would have been a good move for Max.

I couldn't agree more. 

He won't be there long anyway. The style of football is typical Mourinho and their fans don't like it! 

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Not really, manger in talking down player to reduce price shocker..........

This.

Doesn't matter whether Jose is a busted flush or not. £100k a week and Max will be off. It's all about the money.

And I'd be the same.

It's definietly a Mourinho thing,

The 'Special One' is now building his prototype team with Manchester United. His squad is the second tallest in the Premier League after West Bromwich Albion. All his signings after taking over the helm at Manchester United have been tall, athletic players with the shortest (the only player below six feet) being play-maker Henrikh Mkhitaryan at 5 feet 11 inches.

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/height-matters-for-jose-mourinho-manchester-united-4109607.html

How Mourinho got appointed as Spurs boss is unbelievable, he has become an anti-football character at a club that has a history of attractive football.  For that matter how he got the Manure job was the same - totally unsuited to the role.  Says a lot about the owners of these rich clubs that they can't get a suitable manager and I would worry for Max going to Spurs under him. He needs nurturing and Mourinho doesn't do nurturing.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

How Mourinho got appointed as Spurs boss is unbelievable, he has become an anti-football character at a club that has a history of attractive football.  For that matter how he got the Manure job was the same - totally unsuited to the role.  Says a lot about the owners of these rich clubs that they can't get a suitable manager and I would worry for Max going to Spurs under him. He needs nurturing and Mourinho doesn't do nurturing.

Why didn't Spurs go for Farke? He would've been top of the list based on his CV 😉

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Absolutely this. I'd recommend Jonathan Wilson's The Barcelona Legacy for some more insight on Mourinho (and, indeed, Guardiola, Van Gaal, Luis Enrique and many others). While all the other managers and future managers who worked at Barcelona in the 1990s went on to follow Cruyff's model of football to some degree, Mourinho totally rejected it and wore his status as a badge of honour.

Sounds a bit like that very true squeaky wheel that wont be oiled article you posted the other day Wolfo...applies to moaninho for sure I reckon  .

44 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If only I had been taller, slimmer, faster, talented, handsome and wealthy then I could have played right back for Spurs.

Funny that, so could I, but I'm  left footed so maybe worth a little more...😉😇🤑😷

He’s too ‘small’ for Mourinho? I suppose potential buyers have to have a ‘reservation’ to keep the price down. 

How much did Wan Bissaka go for?

We should sell Aarons for nothing less than £50million.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Hasn't he always been that, just with better results previously?

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He’s too ‘small’ for Mourinho? I suppose potential buyers have to have a ‘reservation’ to keep the price down. 

How much did Wan Bissaka go for?

We should sell Aarons for nothing less than £50million.

Wow Alexo! That is a very big number. I'd have thought half that and hed be gone, hes good , agreed but 50 mill!!! 

£30million in this day and age would be a **** take. It’s obvious he’s going to Spurs, but if they want to be the big club that they like to think they are (which never wins anything coincidentally) then they will have to pay the right money. I’d honestly be furious if he goes for anything less than £50million. That’s still less than Crystal Palace got for Wan Bissaka, and Max will be better.

31 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why didn't Spurs go for Farke? He would've been top of the list based on his CV 😉

Who knows if they did and he might have turned them down? At the time they were looking for a coach to repalce Poccetino, Farke had proved his ability with us in the championship, his reputation as a coach cemented from his promotion at Paderborn and then recognised at Dortmund and then with us - his star rising all the time.  Would he have turned Spurs down? We are told that whoever he did turn down was a bigger club with more money.............

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wow Alexo! That is a very big number. I'd have thought half that and hed be gone, hes good , agreed but 50 mill!!! 

Yes Corkio, £50million.

Look at the fee Crystal Palace got for Wan Bissaka. We should not sell Aaron’s for literally half price buddy. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Who knows if they did and he might have turned them down? At the time they were looking for a coach to repalce Poccetino, Farke had proved his ability with us in the championship, his reputation as a coach cemented from his promotion at Paderborn and then recognised at Dortmund and then with us - his star rising all the time.  Would he have turned Spurs down? We are told that whoever he did turn down was a bigger club with more money.............

Farke has never managed Paderborn.

You're a lovely bloke LDC, but if you think Farke's CV is strong enough to get the Spurs job then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Yes Corkio, £50million.

Look at the fee Crystal Palace got for Wan Bissaka. We should not sell Aaron’s for literally half price buddy. 

Look , I'd  happily take 50 but do I think well get it , no. Wan Bissaka was outstanding for palace before leaving I thought. Plus Man u nearly always pay over the odds, Spurs wont. I'd love to see it and honestly have no idea of  his ' real value ' except to us as a player not a number. Personally I'd keep him and keep building.  We wont fall out about it though, I hope, as I agree with a lot that you post in general.  👍 OTBC!!!!

When Jose signed Ashley Cole he broke his own rule which is that a defender needs to be 5ft 11.  There aren't many defenders below 6ft in the Premier League. I'm not sure how tall Max is but he's definitely not 5ft 11

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Look , I'd  happily take 50 but do I think well get it , no. Wan Bissaka was outstanding for palace before leaving I thought. Plus Man u nearly always pay over the odds, Spurs wont. I'd love to see it and honestly have no idea of  his ' real value ' except to us as a player not a number. Personally I'd keep him and keep building.  We wont fall out about it though, I hope, as I agree with a lot that you post in general.  👍 OTBC!!!!

Ha ha no chance of ‘falling out’, Corkio. It’s very rare it’s personal for me. But I don’t mind going on record saying TeemuVanBasten and BringBackChippy are total pr1cks though 👍

So yes, if Spurs can’t afford £50mil, then why should we do them any favours? We are not here to serve them. Pay up or **** off is my mantra!

19 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Farke has never managed Paderborn.

You're a lovely bloke LDC, but if you think Farke's CV is strong enough to get the Spurs job then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Yeah, my mistake, I thought he managed them as well as played for them, but it was Lippsatd he managed for 6 years, with two promotions. 

However, my point remains, he is an up and coming coach/manager of the kind that big clubs will be keeping a very close eye on. He has intimated he has been approached by bigger clubs with more money, so I don't see why that could not be a PL team with a bit of vision. More likely a German team, but really, with his attitude and style of football, he could manage anywhere.

Look at Klopp, had a very average career as a player and has similar attributes to Farke in the way he plays football and the way he has instilled a togetherness at a club.  Farke is different in other ways,  but he is a top coach in ther making and if he moves on at some stage it will be to a top club.

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha no chance of ‘falling out’, Corkio. It’s very rare it’s personal for me. But I don’t mind going on record saying TeemuVanBasten and BringBackChippy are total pr1cks though 👍

So yes, if Spurs can’t afford £50mil, then why should we do them any favours? We are not here to serve them. Pay up or **** off is my mantra!

Fair enough! It only gets personal with me when someone lies and then wont  apologise , eh Billious?....it could all be water under the bridge by now but his ego  is a  log jam. So easy for a real man to apologise , so hard for a fraud and Charlatan . Bill TV my arris. 

8 hours ago, king canary said:

I don't see Jose being at Spurs long term, he's an absolute busted flush at this point.

I was shocked Spurs employed him. They were trying to develop attacking football and then employed a manager known for his defensive approach.

I thought his tenure at Man Utd had proven that he'd lost whatever he used to have. Mourinho when he first came into English football was charismatic and the players would run through walls for him. Team spirit and a siege mentality were major factors behind his success. He is now a shadow of himself, bitter, dour and a disruptive influence, his man management making players unhappy for years.

I didnt think he'd work in England again, I thought he'd need to revitalise himself somewhere like Portugal. Thought appointing him was a major backward step by them

On 04/07/2020 at 17:49, The Great Mass Debater said:

I was shocked Spurs employed him. They were trying to develop attacking football and then employed a manager known for his defensive approach.

I thought his tenure at Man Utd had proven that he'd lost whatever he used to have. Mourinho when he first came into English football was charismatic and the players would run through walls for him. Team spirit and a siege mentality were major factors behind his success. He is now a shadow of himself, bitter, dour and a disruptive influence, his man management making players unhappy for years.

I didnt think he'd work in England again, I thought he'd need to revitalise himself somewhere like Portugal. Thought appointing him was a major backward step by them

Yep, football has packed its bags and left him way behind.

He's gone from a revolutionary coach to a dinosaur in a very short time. Maybe he started to believe in his own legend so much he felt he wouldn't need to adapt, to change his methods, particularly the way he deals with his players and his, still often, ridiculous outbursts to the press. Is he still referring to himself in the first person?

I think when we came to Chelsea for the first time he was happy to be there and wanted to make the best of the opportunity he'd been given.

With Man Utd and Tottenham it felt/feels as if he thinks they should be happy he is there and should be making the best of the opportunity they've been given...

• Like 1