Sign in to follow this  
Dionysus

Fickle Fans!

I am worried that the signing of Earnshaw may have appeased the natives somewhat. Are you listening to tonight''s game?. Do you really think Earnshaw is going to make THAT much difference?

Please think!. A sustained effort is needed if we are going to help Worthy through the door at the end of the season. We may now have a decent striker but we still have Colin, Etuhu, Hughes, Charlton, Jarrett, Henderson, Robinson, etc.

All you fans that were going to let the manager and board know your feelings on Thursday night or at the end of the Ipswich game on Sunday I urge you, please don''t change your minds because of Earnshaw. If things are not done soon, you can write-off next season too.

Maybe he will maybe he won''t make a huge difference - only time will tell. However it is a good signing and I think we have every right to feel happy or would you just prefer to be miserable and grumble 24/7? Yes clearly there''s a lot of work to be done above signing a good striker but it is a step in the right direction. I still believe it would be in the best interest of the club if Worthy was to leave but I am more than willing to give him credit for making the signings today! I am also very happy to be proved wrong in my view of Worthy.

You say we still have Colin, Etuhu, Hughes, Charlton, Jarrett, Henderson, Robinson. Ok these players haven''t lived up to expectations and have been poor but on paper Etuhu, Colin, Charlton and Jarrett looked good signings and Henderson has come up through the youth ranks! If I had been manager of Norwich and had the chance to sign Etuhu, Colin and Charlton then I probably would have.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

I still believe it would be in the best interest of the club if Worthy was to leave but I am more than willing to give him credit for making the signings today! I am also very happy to be proved wrong in my view of Worthy.

[/quote]

Firstly, it''s not as if Worthy has unearthed some unknown gem. Earnshaw is a proven goalscorer and this is the reason we might pay up to £3.5m for him. Credit for Worthy if he persuaded Earnshaw to join us but that''s it.

As for you being very happy for Worthy to prove you wrong, just how long are you going to give him? It''s attitudes like this why he is still the manager. As I said, given Worthy''s relationship with the board, it''s going to take more than the occasional "Worthy Out" chant to force him out. If we start now then we might have a chance of seeing some decent football next season.

[quote user="Dionysus"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

I still believe it would be in the best interest of the club if Worthy was to leave but I am more than willing to give him credit for making the signings today! I am also very happy to be proved wrong in my view of Worthy.

[/quote]

Firstly, it''s not as if Worthy has unearthed some unknown gem. Earnshaw is a proven goalscorer and this is the reason we might pay up to £3.5m for him. Credit for Worthy if he persuaded Earnshaw to join us but that''s it.

As for you being very happy for Worthy to prove you wrong, just how long are you going to give him? It''s attitudes like this why he is still the manager. As I said, given Worthy''s relationship with the board, it''s going to take more than the occasional "Worthy Out" chant to force him out. If we start now then we might have a chance of seeing some decent football next season.

[/quote]

I''m not giving him time. I would rather he was out now! However if he unexpectedly starts turning things around then I will be pleased and will try and back him but only if that happens.

Tonight has been a mix of feelings. It''s like winning the lottery and the discovering that 100 other people have won the jackpot on the same night. We mustn''t kid ourselves, we were poor with a £7M striker and Earnshaw ain''t going to change that until other matters are addressed

I am personally delighted with the signing of Earnshaw but it doesn''t change a thing for me as far as Worthington is concerned.The sooner he goes the better.

[quote user="wiggles"]I am personally delighted with the signing of

Earnshaw but it doesn''t change a thing for me as far as Worthington is

concerned.The sooner he goes the better.[/quote]

Couldnt agree more but we couldnt get the ball to Ashton very often him

being over 6ft tall what chance will Earnshaw have being about 5''7 ish

WORTHY OUT