Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

DF - loyalty, love for the club, seeing the project through

99% of fans on here have no issue with Daniel Farke. Hopefully he’ll have some very decent accusations to work with after obvious players depart.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Loyal, caring, respectful, love for the club and it's fans, bringing success last season with a virtually complete change of personell, a brand of football that working at it's best is what we all want to see, some super memories this season in cup and league (despite the difficulties of resources and covid) and bringing a togetherness that is special.  

Yes, there will always be a few doubters and those who want change, but who cares - he is not perfect and no-one wants a relegation on their cv, but if he is the person that most of us think he is, he will see us back playing scintilating football at or near the top next season (if we go down). 

Vorsprung durch Daniel Farke.

• Like 1

Clever that. Basically keeping the fans onside and also telling the board to back him! 

I'm trawling thru managerial departures now trying to work out where he could've gone! 

Cannot think he couldn't get more money elsewhere almost anywhere.  Certainly not PL however and anyone seeing our defence work will not have been interested.  Maybe a second tier German club surely not a Bundesliga team.  Approached during this season apparently perhaps after Man C game but not since October methinks.

18 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Clever that. Basically keeping the fans onside and also telling the board to back him! 

I'm trawling thru managerial departures now trying to work out where he could've gone! 

Also saying he would like for money to make his job more easier.

Loving this, win win.

But also hints that if he doesn't get the backing he deserves then he won't turn down the offers forever.

Slightly strange he decides to come out with this just before our last chance saloon match,

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Also saying he would like for money to make his job more easier.

Loving this, win win.

But also hints that if he doesn't get the backing he deserves then he won't turn down the offers forever.

Slightly strange he decides to come out with this just before our last chance saloon match,

He’s towed the club line for quite some time, got to cover all bases. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Where'd he tow it to?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Yes, first time he's come out with something like this.

The club is still in an incredible position under him and Webber. Next season is key and supporters need patience. We are building something.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Germany would be my guess?

In this report talks he about the immediate past and very little about the near term future. As a poster above has said, let's see where we are in the next 3 months once we know about the team, incomings, budgets etc. I hope he remains 

Colour me a touch sceptical here.

He's claiming he had multiple offers to leave, yet I don't think we've once seen him linked to another job- I don't quite believe that we'd have several teams chasing a Premier League manager and it not once leak to the press...

I think he's doing a bit of a PR job.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

He's claiming he had multiple offers to leave, yet I don't think we've once seen him linked to another job- I don't quite believe that we'd have several teams chasing a Premier League manager and it not once leak to the press...

Fair play to him if he is, clever man is Daniel.

I doubt the club knew about any interest. Players/managers generally get sounded out first. He said he wasn't interested so was left alone 

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Cologne, Mainz and Hertha all changes coaches in November. One of those?

All sounds plausible.

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not sure - if they sounded Farke out and there was no interest - it wouldn't get out. Hundreds of those situations a season never reach the public.

I do think 'opportunity to leave' is stretching it as it was more likely an opportunity to talk to other clubs that he didnt take up..no guarantee he would have got the job

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not sure - if they sounded Farke out and there was no interest - it wouldn't get out. Hundreds of those situations a season never reach the public.

I do think 'opportunity to leave' is stretching it as it was more likely an opportunity to talk to other clubs that he didnt take up..no guarantee he would have got the job

I’m not so sure, guiding a team to the Premiership and spending very, very little is no mean feat. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m not so sure, guiding a team to the Premiership and spending very, very little is no mean feat. 

Yeah agreed. But if he was honestly happy here and turned down approaches without conversation it would explain why it never hit the media.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I would think his reputation is sky high in Germany to the extent that he would be on top of practically any Bundesliga club's list - he could probaly walk into any of them - and at more money, so definite opportunities to leave.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Not sure that is true. Norwich is not a club that has tame or not so tame national media reporters who cover it as their beat in the way the top EPL clubs do. And partly because of that the club tends not to float stuff in the national media, or have it floated whether they like it or not.

If these approaches were from other EPL clubs that do get that kind of blanket coverage then I can see it might well have surfaced from that other club. But if, as I suspect, these approaches were from Germany or elsewhere on the continent then  I can easily see it wouldn't have leaked out.

Not least because clubs who have a manager in place are not always keen to advertise the fact that they want to bring in a replacement...🤓

Just to add as a reverse example, nothing leaked out from us or Germany about Farke's appointment.

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

I doubt the club knew about any interest. Players/managers generally get sounded out first. He said he wasn't interested so was left alone 

Makes sense, I dont see him as a drama queen.

The club was there long before Farke and will be after ( provided nepotism Tom gets no where near the club) therefore I am entirely ambivalent whether he stays or goes 

it smells like hyper publicity on the back of a **** poor season 

Be more interesting if he was to address the defensive problems that he has ignored up to now. 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah that sounds fair.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not sure that is true. Norwich is not a club that has tame or not so tame national media reporters who cover it as their beat in the way the top EPL clubs do. And partly because of that the club tends not to float stuff in the national media, or have it floated whether they like it or not.

If these approaches were from other EPL clubs that do get that kind of blanket coverage then I can see it might well have surfaced from that other club. But if, as I suspect, these approaches were from Germany or elsewhere on the continent then  I can easily see it wouldn't have leaked out.

Not least because clubs who have a manager in place are not always keen to advertise the fact that they want to bring in a replacement...🤓

Just to add as a reverse example, nothing leaked out from us or Germany about Farke's appointment.

I know we're not a super glamorous but I honestly don't think a top German tier team trying to poach a Premier League's teams head coach would still attract a fair amount of attention.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I would think his reputation is sky high in Germany to the extent that he would be on top of practically any Bundesliga club's list - he could probaly walk into any of them - and at more money, so definite opportunities to leave.

Why? Before us he basically managed a reserve team and In his one top flight season he has looked tactically out of his depth. I am all for him staying next season, but I don’t see how he’d be practically top of any Bundesliga club’s list. There are a lot of managers with much better CVs than Farke, many who play equally nice football but can also set up a team to defend. He’s still young as a coach, so I’m not saying he won’t be there in a few years time, but right now, I just don’t see him being top of many Bundesliga club’s lists at all.