Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Ghislaine Maxwell Arrested

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have never understood plea bargaining. I have thought that anyone would believe the evidence of a liar and confirmed law breaker.

In fact anyone who pleads not guilty but changes it to guilty to get a smaller sentence seems bizarre to me.

A crime is crime and has a tariff. And that tariff should be applied. I have never understood why there are variations for the same crime.

It depends at what stage in the process it happens but generally the reasoning is that it saves the court time, with no further need for a jury, and witnesses don't have to appear. It also takes away the possibility of the defendant getting off because of a freak jury verdict.

As to Maxwell, she may be completely innocent of all of the charges eventually brought against her. If found guilty, and if she does not help prosecutors, then I suspect she would be looking at a very long prison sentence.

And I would imagine the prosecutors would not be keen to allow her to help them only selectively. There would be specific targets they would want her to incriminate.

24 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It also takes away the possibility of the defendant getting off because of a freak jury verdict.

I would suggest that it is not so much a 'freak' result, but of the evidence having enough doubt for the jury not wanting to bring in a guilty verdict with certainty. A far more frequent occurrence than might be thought.  So to get a conviction a lesser charge is offered, one that requires a lesser penalty.

In Maxwell's case this is not what applies. With her it is about casting the net wider. She will not only be required to 'name names' but to possibly give evidence in court.

I say possibly, rather than probably, because her statements during investigation will be put to others then accused. They will then have to chance she will not repeat her statement in open court (highly unlikely), or themselves try to agree to possible lesser charges.

As said previously, it is not only about justice being done, but being seen to be done. The fanciful notion that Maxwell could escape with a year or two is absurd. And for every one of these 'elites' there are plenty who would want to see them jailed

It would be foolish to think this will be hushed up - Weinstein's 23 years demonstrates that.

Edited by Bill

And this should prove to be just as interesting .... if not more

"A judge today has ordered the unsealing of a vast tranche of documents related to Jeffrey Epstein, which could shed light on his friendship with powerful men accused of having **** with his victims.

Judge Loretta Preska said that 80 documents - which will run to hundreds of pages - should be made public within a week."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8553717/Epstein-flood-gates-open-judge-rules-explosive-Ghislaine-Maxwell-docs-unsealed.html

Went under the radar but Trump sent his best wishes to her intimating that they were fake charges. Or perhaps a message saying keep your mouth shut about me.

image.png.0bc132ab1d4733d2d9aa0b2830579e94.png

Prince William and King Carlos of Spain

Did Spain's King Don Juan Carlos have an affair with Diana | Daily ...

Prince William and his father

" A woman narrating the advertisement then says: “Just what does Maxwell have on Donald Trump?

Why does he demean other women but treat the head of an alleged **** slave ring with respect?

Does Donald Trump want Maxwell to keep quiet? America needs to know.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/lincoln-project-donald-trump-ghislaine-maxwell-female-journalists-attack-ad-a9637796.html

"The **** offender Jeffrey Epstein allegedly tried to gather incriminating material against Prince Andrew by forcing an underage girl to have **** with him, according to newly released court documents."

"The papers, part of prior litigation, also contain the claim that Andrew tried to lobby the US on behalf of Epstein to help secure a “favourable plea arrangement”."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/31/underage-girl-forced-to-have-****-with-prince-andrew-us-court-document-jeffrey-epstein

"