Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Ghislaine Maxwell Arrested

I only just realised her relation to Robert. Probably explains things. Let's hope the truth will finally out.

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

I only just realised her relation to Robert. Probably explains things. Let's hope the truth will finally out.

Oh yes, a good blood line there 💩

Wasnt the boat he fell off named after her? 

I like how the news describes her as a 'socialite' as if that's a job. When they actually mean irrelevant rich person who does f*** all but seems to be under the impression people actually give a toss! 

Funny how the nasty cow can start an oganisation to protect Oceans while at the same time, do the opposite to under age young girls.

How has any of the Maxwell family still got any money. They should living in cardboard boxes in shop doorways.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Funny how the nasty cow can start an oganisation to protect Oceans while at the same time, do the opposite to under age young girls.

How has any of the Maxwell family still got any money. They should living in cardboard boxes in shop doorways.

By engaging in sharp practice, such as the Tory MP Jenrick

Accepting cash from dodgy Russians, as with Johnson

3 hours ago, lappinitup said:

She should be ashamed of herself - blackening the family name.....

Her arrest should stir things up in the Maxwell house

She looks the sort of person that will happily do her time rather than spill the beans for a deal.

will the Clinton's be next for an interview/arrest? they were big friends with Epstein and Ghislaine was at Chelsea's birthday party. Clinton flew more than ten times on Epstein's 'Lolita Express' jet, but its easier to focus on some royal bonehead as the MSM goes into hyper drive to spread more murkiness on one of Epsteins many hundred ex clients worldwide.

She might contract covid in jail, commit suicide, or has to be restraint with a Binyanahu knee job. They would not want here to speak out in court.

28 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Prince Andrew must be sweating!... Oh wait

He can go over there as long as Sacoolas comes back over here.

I expect there'll be a hideous amount of plea bargaining, resulting in guilty pleas

a bit of bird, for an old bird

and revelations are kept to s minimum

Mind you, once Trump is out of office there will be quite a large number who will want all the evidence brought out in the open

I'm not too sure in Ponce Andrew will welcome the emergence of this photo

John B. Wells News - Ghislaine Maxwell And Kevin Spacey Sat On ...

That is some picture. It's dumb enough that he let them sit there. But why would you take a picture just to underline how stupid you are. 

Perhaps they've been using the threat of this picture to keep Andrew quiet. 

I'm not sure that is what is keeping Ponce Andrew quiet. The thought of giving evidence in court case involving **** with minors might be the real reason, I would have thought.

I would suspect that this woman may not feel too disposed to want to spend the rest of her days in the nick, to protect others. And someone who has shown little in the way of moral standards is not likely to suddenly develop any now.

This could, and should, be one of the cases where those who thought they were untouchable find they are not - irrespective of status or political allegiance.

ps that photo - were there cameras on phones in 2002 ?

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm not sure that is what is keeping Ponce Andrew quiet. The thought of giving evidence in court case involving **** with minors might be the real reason, I would have thought.

I would suspect that this woman may not feel too disposed to want to spend the rest of her days in the nick, to protect others. And someone who has shown little in the way of moral standards is not likely to suddenly develop any now.

This could, and should, be one of the cases where those who thought they were untouchable find they are not - irrespective of status or political allegiance.

ps that photo - were there cameras on phones in 2002 ?

Dont think you understand how this works. She won't be spending the rest of her days in jail. Her lawyers will get her to plead guilty to lesser charges which means the details will never come to court which is exactly what these Very Important and Powerful People want. 

And no way will she talk. Look what happened to Epstein. 

Maxwell will take one for the team, at worst a couple of years in jail perhaps even probation and then will disappear.into obscurity having been paid off by those VIPP

The sentence of Harvey Weinstein (23 years) will be upper most in Maxwell's mind. And his offences did not include minors.

Whatever is now disclosed will only be of any use in mitigating her sentence if it leads to further prosecution - which does rather suggest an Operation Yewtree type of wider investigation.

And if the 2020 election does go the way it looks now, there will be a strong Democrat majority in both houses, so the obstruction, as with Trump, will not be possible.

I would further suggest that once this starts it will take in far more than a few 'notables', and the mood in the country will back that.

And it will be a case of justice not only needing to be done, but seen to be done.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

The sentence of Harvey Weinstein (23 years) will be upper most in Maxwell's mind. And his offences did not include minors.

Whatever is now disclosed will only be of any use in mitigating her sentence if it leads to further prosecution - which does rather suggest an Operation Yewtree type of wider investigation.

And if the 2020 election does go the way it looks now, there will be a strong Democrat majority in both houses, so the obstruction, as with Trump, will not be possible.

I would further suggest that once this starts it will take in far more than a few 'notables', and the mood in the country will back that.

And it will be a case of justice not only needing to be done, but seen to be done.

Unfortunately justice will not be done. We might hope it but this case concerns some of the most powerful people on the planet. And it isn't just one clique either, the VIPPs come from a diverse background and they have all the means at their disposal to prevent anything damaging to their reputations or power from coming out in public.

Epstein was got rid of because he had already served time and his new charges of s e x with a minor equate to statutory rape. So he was very probably looking at an extremely long sentence, and at his age it would have meant life. So there was a big possibility that he might sing as he had little to lose, and he knew enough to bring down some pretty big people.

Maxwell on the other hand could be done for procurement, which isn't a life sentence. But the powerful people do not want her talking, So she will be told either you plead guilty or you will end up like Epstein. By pleading guilty there will be no cross examination of evidence and nothing will be published. The sentence will be arranged with the judge, who also knows he wants to continue his career, by doing as he is told. 

There could be a 'Yewtree' type inquiry, but if you look at the British example, a few small fry (aged and retired minor celebrities) were prosecuted but no big names ever saw a court room.  In the US the same will happen, the very powerful people will close ranks to protect their positions and the truth will be hushed up. After a couple of years Maxwell is quietly released, paid off and disappears from the newspapers.

It sucks, but that's how it works.

I have never understood plea bargaining. I have thought that anyone would believe the evidence of a liar and confirmed law breaker.

In fact anyone who pleads not guilty but changes it to guilty to get a smaller sentence seems bizarre to me.

A crime is crime and has a tariff. And that tariff should be applied. I have never understood why there are variations for the same crime.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have never understood plea bargaining. I have thought that anyone would believe the evidence of a liar and confirmed law breaker.

In fact anyone who pleads not guilty but changes it to guilty to get a smaller sentence seems bizarre to me.

A crime is crime and has a tariff. And that tariff should be applied. I have never understood why there are variations for the same crime.

Because no crime is the same - it maybe that it can be simplified as such, bu it will be more complex than that.

Steal a sandwich from a supermarket by a homeless person, or a well paid person fearful of missing his train..... could be someone with mental health problems etc What sentence then best fits each ?

Plea bargaining allows some form of sanction when there is a possibility of a not guilty verdict being delivered ie the prosecution might lose if they pushed for murder charge, but a guilty plea to manslaughter would avoid that result so the allowing the sentence to also reflect that particular crime.

With the Maxwell case where there likely to be many more crimes what incentive can be offered to get the evidence of those other crimes...... the thumbscrews ?

Seeing law from the 'inside' (not the nick) you see that it works, why most countries apply the same systems, but how best it suits their circumstances.

To suggest Maxwell will be allowed to 'slip the net' because of some 'conspiracy of the wealthy' is absurd - just as is the failure to grasp that the chief suspect in much of Yewtree' was dead.

Maxwell is not, and the investigation is not so hindered as with Savile. Even my limited knowledge has that it is impossible to question the dead - shame some on here are not able to grasp that salient fact as well.