Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Time to hear from Webber

Since the restart we’ve gone from bad to worse to bloody awful. Next year won’t be the walkover some people think it will be, with no crowds till January ( ? ) at the earliest Weber and Co really need to get the recruitment sorted and get rid of some of the deadwood especially in midfield. It would be good to hear how they are going to react to certain relegation.

We're clearly (and reasonably) not going to hear from anyone about what we plan to do post relegation until we're actually relegated.

• Like 1

This season is a write off now. Without crowds and the advantage that gives to teams we are likely to see this till it is done. 

We know our players are not up to the standard of the teams we have played and without the atmosphere we can't close that gap at the minute.

Let's just take the next few games for what they are, take the summer and the recruitment during that period and see where we are. Statements from the club aren't going to help, if anything they will just cause more distraction and put more pressure on a squad who are clearly already feeling it.

In terms of next year - I haven't seen or heard much with regard to people thinking it is going to be a walkover. We are well placed financially and on the playing side to be in with a good chance but anyone who says otherwise has not been paying attention over the preceding 15 years.

IMO other than Saints second half we haven't been that far off.  Yesterday we played some pretty good stuff and 3 of their goals were badly self-inflicted/a big deflection - it’s always important to look at more than just the scoreline;  you can get a flukey win and have it mask all manner of things that are wrong.

We’ve known it was more likely than not that we’d be relegated since before the season started.  It’s certainly ok to be disappointed, but for us to survive things (eg decisions/injuries) needed to go our way and they certainly haven’t.  I recall nearly everyone accepted our situation back in August so I can’t really see the point in the wailing coming from some quarters.  We have clearly been planning and are as prepared as you can be for a return to the Champs - we have to hope our luck is that bit better too.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Since the restart we’ve gone from bad to worse to bloody awful. Next year won’t be the walkover some people think it will be, with no crowds till January ( ? ) at the earliest Weber and Co really need to get the recruitment sorted and get rid of some of the deadwood especially in midfield. It would be good to hear how they are going to react to certain relegation.

And then they'd be accused of giving up before we went down and attacked for that too.

Can you not see that they can't win in this situation?

Edited by Flying Dutchman

6 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

And then they'd be accused of giving up before we went down and attacked for that too.

Can you not see that they can't win in this situation?

Maybe some people don’t want them to win, FD ; )

This season hasn’t been a real shock to me, I really didn’t know what to expect as I felt it really could go either way. And to be honest that’s how our seasons been I feel - no happy mediums, just some great highs and a lot of frustrating lows. But I’ve been prepared for relegation before we even kicked a ball. It might not be nice to hear, but I think to Webber etc, the importance was to bank the riches this season to build up the clubs bank balance, and if we happened to stay up then that would be a bonus. But whatever happens, we’re now a big step closer to expanding the ground etc. It’s easy to see what they’re doing - no pain, no gain as they say.

Disagree with Canaryking. The lads would definitely have benefited with help from the supporters in these games against your Man Utd’s and Arsenals. But next season I would expect that to be reversed in our favour, as I’d like to think it’ll be the vast majority of the other clubs that will be bemoaning a lack of home support to help them beat us when we come to town. It’s all relative.

Last season was not only brilliant  but it was unexpected, we were predicted to finish lower mid table. We probably over achieved thanks to some very astute purchases and Farke being willing and brave enough to let youngsters have a go, those same youngsters in the main are now worth a lot of money and have done pretty well. This season  we spent £750000 on transfers Byram and he too has been a success. The style of play has been a tad naive, that is down to the manager, but up until the restart we have been competitive in a great deal of matches. We always knew we were likely to get relegated, but most thought we would have made a much better fist of things. We have been caught in a perfect storm 1] injuries to key positions through most of the season 2] Many of the signings from the previous year have shown that they are alas out of their depth in the top flight, this does not mean that they will not be able to perform again in the championship next season. 3] All the loan signings for this season have been poor as are the freebies. We were fortunate last season in the bargain basement, this season has been the exact reverse.4] Bundia last season for me was the one player that really made us tick, indeed we hardly won a game without him. A lot was expected of him, but in the short term it was a bridge too far the pressure on him in a struggling side was too much. Since the restart it has been little short of a shambles, no league points no league goals 8 conceded, they look shot to bits and if it was a boxing match the referee would stop it. BUT this does not mean getting rid of Farke and Webber

In a way its quite refreshing the players are treating the restart with the contempt such a farce deserves. For that im kind of proud of them. I think we should just call it quits. Refuse to carry on this charade, accept we're down. Sell everyone and start to plan for next season.