Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

It's really gonna suck when Tettey leaves/retires isnt it?

Feel like he's one of very few players here at the club who wholeheartedly loves this club, the city, the fans and playing for us.

I may have given him some slack in the past, but he's really stuck with us and is nothing but a true gentlemen.

But sadly he's not getting any younger is he?

I wanted us to have a permanent replacement for him 2 years ago for a transition period, now whoever comes in to replace him is going to be straight in at the deep end without his wealth of experience to help.

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I wanted us to have a permanent replacement for him 2 years ago for a transition period, now whoever comes in to replace him is going to be straight in at the deep end without his wealth of experience to help.

To be fair some think Sitti could be his replacement and he's already signed and will potentially have a whole season working with him next season.

• Like 1

Amadou was possibly meant to be that person. Yet at the reported £9m we didn't think he was.

Tettey cost us £1m didn't he? From Rennes I think. And a Hughton buy. Like Wes, another long term player for us, Alex was a great value buy.

Yes, OP, we need someone to lock down that central midfield. A proper enforcer. 

Edited by sonyc

Appreciation of Alex Tettey is directly proportional to the amount you know about football as a team sport. Some people can't get passed the fact he doesn't dribble passed players and plays simple balls, even daring to go backwards, and not see that his positional awareness allows those flair players to play. I have a clueless whiner a row behind me that does nothing but moan about him.

One thing about him is, due to his age and experience, he was always going to play 'his way' regardless of what Farke wanted. His replacement/s would benefit from being coached by him, I wonder if he is set to join the coaching team, certainly seems on the face of it to have the attributes.

• Like 1

Tettey is the last of the old guard now. Aside of Klose and McGovern, we haven't really got any longer serving players left. Will be sad to see him go when he does, he's been so good for us over the years

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

end without his wealth of experience to help.

Why? Has he left, or died? Unsubstantiated tripe.

Edited by wcorkcanary

If even a third of our current squad had the drive, honesty, integrity, loyalty, motivation, dedication, positive attitude and professionalism as Mr Alex Tettey, we would at least be sitting 17th or above in the Premiership Table......

Oh, and he's a lovely guy to boot.....( I don't mean to actually kick, I mean....well, you know what I mean).....

• Haha 1

Has been immense for us over a number of seasons. A colossus amongst shrinking violets this season.

Absolute legend. Hopefully will be offered a coaching role after he decides to retire.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Has been immense for us over a number of seasons. A colossus amongst shrinking violets this season.

Absolute legend. Hopefully will be offered a coaching role after he decides to retire.

Unfortunately for us, Alex has been very clear in the media that his contract extension with us will certainly be his last in England and likely last contract full-stop.

His wife has wanted to return to Norway for some time 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Unfortunately for us, Alex has been very clear in the media that his contract extension with us will certainly be his last in England and likely last contract full-stop.

His wife has wanted to return to Norway for some time 

True, Alex is one of those people that despite never having met him, I like very much. Just seems an all round good guy. Sad to see him go when he leaves but he deserves a good send off and I for one wish him the very best when he retires. 

19 hours ago, sonyc said:

Amadou was possibly meant to be that person. Yet at the reported £9m we didn't think he was.

Tettey cost us £1m didn't he? From Rennes I think. And a Hughton buy. Like Wes, another long term player for us, Alex was a great value buy.

Yes, OP, we need someone to lock down that central midfield. A proper enforcer. 

We haven't seen Sitti yet but he has been signed potentially for that role. Gilmour is interesting as well. Very highly regarded and has spent time in Holland following the Cantwell route and look how well he has done. 

1 hour ago, canarycop said:

We haven't seen Sitti yet but he has been signed potentially for that role. Gilmour is interesting as well. Very highly regarded and has spent time in Holland following the Cantwell route and look how well he has done. 

Yeah, Gilmour was a regular at Telstar. I think he's the one I most powerful l forward to seeing, but Sitti has a great name! Already watched McCallum and he's decent. Possibly means Jamal  is off.

21 hours ago, hogesar said:

To be fair some think Sitti could be his replacement and he's already signed and will potentially have a whole season working with him next season.

Charlie Gilmour is also a DM

21 hours ago, AJ said:

Tettey is the last of the old guard now. Aside of Klose and McGovern, we haven't really got any longer serving players left. Will be sad to see him go when he does, he's been so good for us over the years

Carlton Morris made his Norwich debut before McGovern arrived, he's been here forever for some reason. 

23 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feel like he's one of very few players here at the club who wholeheartedly loves this club, the city, the fans and playing for us.

I may have given him some slack in the past, but he's really stuck with us and is nothing but a true gentlemen.

But sadly he's not getting any younger is he?

Think he will be very much missed when he does retire - sadly he is one of those players who has always been significantly underated by many Norwich fans.

I find it incredible, especially given the last two seasons when, even at this late stage in his career, it has been blindingly obvious the impact his presence or absence has on the performance of the team, that many people still don't recognise his qualities and what he has consistently brought to the team and continues to do so.

Capt Pants has it exactly right:

20 hours ago, Capt. Pants said: