Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

For those wanting Farke out- Realistically who would want to replace him?

Recommended Posts

Beacause coming over to Norwich, becoming manager all while being told

 

'Your transfer budget this season is ten quid and a packet of crisps'

 

Must be pretty difficult. What manangers can you honestly think of who would be fine with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Chris Hughton all day long was treated appallingly 

I hope that’s satire, as Hughton was truly dreadful. Going to every away game and being stuck in our box for 90 minutes, even when we’re 3-0 down, was soul destroying. It almost made me lose the love for the game!

I think Farke will and should stay. But he either needs to adapt his rigid approach or the board seriously need to invest in his style of play. Failure to do either will mean that he either walks or the board reactively panic and act at the last minute. It’s like a vicious circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure Webber will have some names close to his chest, but that doesn't mean Farke is close to getting the sack.

DF will leave on his own accord when he feels he's taken Norwich as far as he can. From that perspective I really hope for a change in fortune and performances before the end of the season. He must be tearing his hair out at the moment, totally let down by the players he has to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norwich City under Chris Hughton in the PL -

2012-2013 - P38 W10 D14 L14 F41 A58 GD-17

2013-2014 - P33 W8 D8 L17 F26 A52 GD-26

Overall - P71 W18 D22 L31 F67 A110 GD-43

Averages -

Win % = 25.35%

PPG = 1.07

Goals scored per game = 0.94

Goals conceded per game = 1.55

 

Norwich City under Daniel Farke in the PL -

2019-2020 - P32 W5 D6 L21 F25 A60 GD-35

Averages -

Win % = 15.63

PPG = 0.66

Goals scored per game = 0.78

Goals conceded per game = 1.88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the manager will resign and return to Germany (to be close to his family) at the end of the season.

 

He has achieved all he can with us.

How about...
 

Julian Nagelsmann

Steven Gerrard

Florian Kohfeldt

Thomas Frank

Lee Johnson

Paul Warne

Lake District Canary

 

Thoughts?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In direct answer to the question, I would look at the following (in no particular order).....................................

Neil Harris, Paul Cook, Thomas Frank (if Brentford don't go up), Mark Robins, Paul Warne and Keith Curle. 

Curle 'finally has a promotion on his CV' and has stacks of experience. In the current climate he ticks an obvious box yet his views on the subject are refreshing and honest. The politically correct types might care to read and take note.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

In direct answer to the question, I would look at the following (in no particular order).....................................

Neil Harris, Paul Cook, Thomas Frank (if Brentford don't go up), Mark Robins, Paul Warne and Keith Curle. 

Curle 'finally has a promotion on his CV' and has stacks of experience. In the current climate he ticks an obvious box yet his views on the subject are refreshing and honest. The politically correct types might care to read and take note.   

 

Some good names

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant believe someone has suggested Keith Curle...my family are Northampton fans so I know that their style of football under him is the complete opposite of Farke and 'the Norwich way'.

IF, and I hope we dont,  we replace Farke I hope it will at least be with someone who continues to want us to be a team that plays good football and not just effective football.

This year has been a real disappointment but unlike others I haven't forgotten the joy of the truly brilliant football we played last year. In the recent games against Man U and even Arsenal last night there were moments when we played some beautiful stuff - sadly the players dont have the quality to do that in the premier league because it's such a huge step up in class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Norwich City under Chris Hughton in the PL -

2012-2013 - P38 W10 D14 L14 F41 A58 GD-17

2013-2014 - P33 W8 D8 L17 F26 A52 GD-26

Overall - P71 W18 D22 L31 F67 A110 GD-43

Averages -

Win % = 25.35%

PPG = 1.07

Goals scored per game = 0.94

Goals conceded per game = 1.55

 

Norwich City under Daniel Farke in the PL -

2019-2020 - P32 W5 D6 L21 F25 A60 GD-35

Averages -

Win % = 15.63

PPG = 0.66

Goals scored per game = 0.78

Goals conceded per game = 1.88

Don't  confuse the issue with statistics😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Robins would be my shout. He's done very well at most clubs he's been at. However I'd like to see Farke stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Cant believe someone has suggested Keith Curle...my family are Northampton fans so I know that their style of football under him is the complete opposite of Farke and 'the Norwich way'.

IF, and I hope we dont,  we replace Farke I hope it will at least be with someone who continues to want us to be a team that plays good football and not just effective football.

This year has been a real disappointment but unlike others I haven't forgotten the joy of the truly brilliant football we played last year. In the recent games against Man U and even Arsenal last night there were moments when we played some beautiful stuff - sadly the players dont have the quality to do that in the premier league because it's such a huge step up in class.

Agree 100% about the quality of football played last season (and in tantalising glimpses this season also). However (and it's a big 'however') I always had concerns even then that we would need to be far more flexible in out style if we were to survive in the PL. 

Part of that means 'mixing it up' and 'getting the ball in the box quicker' and finding a striker who can actually head the ball FFS! Watch the Billy Sharp goal v us a few months back. Not just 'effective' but bloody exciting as well. 

The Cobblers who turned up at the ground to welcome the team home recently didn't seem to mind 'effective football' did they!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...