Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Let’s be realistic about Farke

Farke is essentially a new manager. Certainly at this level. He is relatively young. We dont expect our youth players to be the finished article, so why dont we recognise that this manager is also growing. We didnt allow Neil to grow, when we essentially tried the same thing (find the next up and coming 'youngster'.

If we can allow our playing prospects the time and grace to grow, why not our manager.

Farke was clearly recruited to make the academy fruitful, to turn prospects into first team players. Think about all the players who have developed under him. 

Farke has done a great job in my opinion. He is starting a dynasty and he should be afforded all the time required to allow that to happen. He needs our support

I cant see why anybody (if indeed there is anybody) would consider losing Farke a forwards move. The football is great to watch, we're not getting the results at this level, but is anyone really astonished by this? He has most of the squad fairly happy, think back to the days of sulky players like Oliveira, Watkins etc. For the first time since we set up this academy we have players finding their way into the first team and making it self-sufficient (think Murphys). The players we are able to keep will continue to grow and take the club forward. Farke will also hopefully learn from things that havent come off etc and if given time I think he has the potential to improve in many areas as he gains vital experience

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

Troll says troll-stuff shocker

Funny that , anyone who isn't a happy clapper is a troll. 

6 minutes ago, City fan said:

Funny that , anyone who isn't a happy clapper is a troll. 

Not anyone. Just him. Oh and Vince. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s not an opinion it’s fact you need to take the rose tinted glasses off  look at the league position in his first year, look at this season and look up until November in the promotion season

i am afraid I am factually correct 

You can't deny he has turned 5 academy players into £100m worth of assets though, and got us £170m in TV money. And last season was the most enjoyable in the 55 years I've been going. So all in all I'd stick with him for now.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Neither Neil nor Worthington were sacked immediately after their failures. In fact they were both given a lot more time to keep failing. 

That's the nodge way. 

To be fair to Worthington (from the Hucks interview), he asked for Dean Ashton in the summer and was told he was too expensive Worthington then told the board not to come to him at Christmas and ask him to go back for Ashton, which they ended up doing anyway. We'd have stayed up easily if we'd bought Ashton in the summer.

When we got promoted and subsequently relegated we had an aging spine: Roberts, Fleming, Mackay and Edworthy and horrible injuries to Holt and Mulyrne.

We ended up selling Ashton, and in the following summer he wanted Rob Hulse or Steve Howard. Hulse went elsewhere, and the board said Steve Howard was too old and expensive.

In the end he was just waiting for his payoff, with the squad needing a huge overhaul and virtually no money to do it.