Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Let’s be realistic about Farke

3 years with us

1) boring sideways passing football, finished below the binners 

2) poor start to the season then 6 months of great association football

3) worst premier league season ever by a mile 

his record isn’t great over the 3 years and we have seen far more dross than we have seen exciting football

I struggle to see any rational for keeping him moving forward we don’t another worthy/Neil wasted season next season

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nurse, he's on the computer again!

Stop looking in the mirror Lakey.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Troll says troll-stuff shocker

I feel embarrassed that I used to get angry about this nonsense. 

• Haha 1

Uncle Fred... You've lost it.

Farke has done amazing with the players he has had at his disposal. Agreed subs have been a touchy subject this season, but it's the way it goes. Obviously the investment this season has been done to the death, and Farke can only put out what he has got.

He has pushed young players through, improved them and turned them into assets. His brand of football has been fantastic, best I've seen as a Norwich fan footballing wise.

To say his time is up is mental. You cannot be serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s not an opinion it’s fact you need to take the rose tinted glasses off  look at the league position in his first year, look at this season and look up until November in the promotion season

i am afraid I am factually correct 

• Like 1

Reality........first year set up a youth system to produce top talent, hands tied by massive overspending of Alex Neal, limited funds to build a new squad.

Second year, still with minor funds brought through four youth products, with Webber got in Pukki, Buendia, his brand of football paid dividends and outperformed expectations by winning the league.

Third year, hands tied by financial restrictions, kept hold of our talented youngsters, played some very good attacking football, lots of injuries in key areas and losing confidence in attacking football resorted to trying to keep the ball becoming more solid.....restart again massive injuries to key players meaning no chance of staying up.

So the summary, great set up and coaching, offloaded high paid rubbish journeymen, got us promotion and a massive pay increase for the next three years, developed a set of very good young players and has certainly deserved some criticism in his match day tactics and subs but he’s earned his right to do his tactics as he’s outperformed our expectations on a very tight budget.....maybe the criticism should be why the owners haven’t done more to secure finances to give Farke more money. But even that should be given careful consideration as the two clubs who will come down with us will have spent millions of pounds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand your points Indy but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the pudding has largely been sour tasting 

Every manager has excuses why they didn’t succeed and they are unfortunately just excuses

Farke out Hughton back 

He deserves next season. Last season was an incredible feat given the tools at his disposal, this season he's been asked to do the impossible while also learning on the job. While I don't agree with some of his tactics, subs, man management or team choices, ultimately he's been bound by the lack of investment and a general tone of negativity from the ownership.

I look forward to seeing what sort of squad we can assemble for next season and whether he can repeat such a great Championship-winning season once more.

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

It’s not an opinion it’s fact you need to take the rose tinted glasses off  look at the league position in his first year, look at this season and look up until November in the promotion season

i am afraid I am factually correct 

Right but let's look at it reasonably...

Season 1. Yes factually you are right we finished under Ipswich. It was Daniel Farke first season in English football. As an excuse we could he inherited a squad in need of transition. Pritchard, probably out best player at the time in terms of ability, injured for early part of season and left in January. One murphy sold, the Murphy's breakthrough season, but yeah as a fact it wasn't a great season.

Season 2. Farke second season (note that uncle) in England, madison and Murphy sold. Not much money spent, mainly throwouts and second chancers, youth promoted. Come on, the football was fantastic. Literally art. I'll admit to still having a soft underbelly though. The brand of football though was fantastic.

3 season. This season, points on board are disappointing and looking to be our lowest tally. Attacking wise I think we look decent, probably fair to say hasn't really happened for EMI goal scoring wise and pukki hasn't looked the same since injury. Defence has been an issue again. However let's be fair, we had a really bad injury list at the start, and again (I can't believe I'm saying it again) recruitment wasn't right and tbf, our position reflexes the money we spent. Not DF fault though is it. 

You must be on the wind up if you think DF should be sacked. Your knickers are in a twist because of this season, which has been disappointing and one of strange circumstance. But ultimately is that his fault. He can only put out what he has got. Put pep in charge, he still has the same squad to pick from. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

I understand your points Indy but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the pudding has largely been sour tasting 

Every manager has excuses why they didn’t succeed and they are unfortunately just excuses

Farke out Hughton back 

Got to be a wind up

We are in a results game not an excuses game, he has done no better than Neil or Worthy and should suffer the same fate 

Amazing

I said on another thread Big vince was a better troll as Waveny was too obvious but this thread is giving more pause to reconsider.

I would have thought that trolling would eventually get boring and even time consuming, especially to your level.

Do you really not have anything else going on anymore Waveney?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I would have thought that trolling would eventually get boring and even time consuming, especially to your level.

Do you really not have anything else going on anymore Waveney?

I am trying to shine a light on Farkes record it is dreadful but because he wears a nice parka and has interesting hair we are supposed to ignore the fact he is blooming awful 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Amazing

I said on another thread Big vince was a better troll as Waveny was too obvious but this thread is giving more pause to reconsider.

Still time to cast your vote big boy 

Whilst the OP is just having some fun being a hook, line & sinker rusty commercial trawler, using cheap bait to pull in all the usual gullible shoals of biters.....In truth, many managers and coaches have been given their P45 and shown the club exit door to the dole queue, for much less unacceptable and abject performances.....

But, it's a humorous and entertaining thread, and it deflects from the pain of disappointment and defeat.....

Crack on......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

We are in a results game not an excuses game, he has done no better than Neil or Worthy and should suffer the same fate 

Neither Neil nor Worthington were sacked immediately after their failures. In fact they were both given a lot more time to keep failing. 

That's the nodge way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Farke out Hughton back 

So you want to sack a manager relegated with the lowest budget ever and replace him with a manager, relegated with out biggest budget ever?

17 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

So you want to sack a manager relegated with the lowest budget ever and replace him with a manager, relegated with out biggest budget ever?

Yep.

I thought he was actually being serious with his points until that point, then I stopped reading.

Here for a reaction in afraid. 

He said he was factually correct until Indy factually corrected his 'factually correct' and put some true context around it 😁

6 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Uncle Fred... You've lost it.

Farke has done amazing with the players he has had at his disposal. Agreed subs have been a touchy subject this season, but it's the way it goes. Obviously the investment this season has been done to the death, and Farke can only put out what he has got.

He has pushed young players through, improved them and turned them into assets. His brand of football has been fantastic, best I've seen as a Norwich fan footballing wise.

To say his time is up is mental. You cannot be serious.

He is serious(ly) deluded.

6 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Right but let's look at it reasonably...

Season 1. Yes factually you are right we finished under Ipswich. It was Daniel Farke first season in English football. As an excuse we could he inherited a squad in need of transition. Pritchard, probably out best player at the time in terms of ability, injured for early part of season and left in January. One murphy sold, the Murphy's breakthrough season, but yeah as a fact it wasn't a great season.

Season 2. Farke second season (note that uncle) in England, madison and Murphy sold. Not much money spent, mainly throwouts and second chancers, youth promoted. Come on, the football was fantastic. Literally art. I'll admit to still having a soft underbelly though. The brand of football though was fantastic.

3 season. This season, points on board are disappointing and looking to be our lowest tally. Attacking wise I think we look decent, probably fair to say hasn't really happened for EMI goal scoring wise and pukki hasn't looked the same since injury. Defence has been an issue again. However let's be fair, we had a really bad injury list at the start, and again (I can't believe I'm saying it again) recruitment wasn't right and tbf, our position reflexes the money we spent. Not DF fault though is it. 

You must be on the wind up if you think DF should be sacked. Your knickers are in a twist because of this season, which has been disappointing and one of strange circumstance. But ultimately is that his fault. He can only put out what he has got. Put pep in charge, he still has the same squad to pick from. 

Hey, look, when all you have going in your life is Scampi and the odd game of footy , is it any wonder that he's a 3rd rate troll.  Some of his attempts are so far off the mark that they are not worthy of any real responses. A sad sad case who gets his kicks from venting the frustration in his sad sad existence on this message board. Best laughed at and mocked .

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nurse, he's on the computer again!

I have wondered if you are in need of medical intervention but have decided you are just a WUM. You are Highland Canary and I claim my £10.

• Confused 1

Stick with the Guy, he is brilliant at giving youngsters a go and bringing them on. He needs Webber to spend some of the cash that will come in from the sale of our current crop of youngsters to make 3 or 4 signings that will  make a real difference to the squad, in particular in defense and midfield. Do that and we can have another good and enjoyable championship season. We need to stop letting in so many goals, in the championship we managed to outscore opponents but had a bottom third defense.  We need to to look at the blades, become hard to score against and beat and kick on from there

9 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Whilst the OP is just having some fun being a hook, line & sinker rusty commercial trawler, using cheap bait to pull in all the usual gullible shoals of biters.....In truth, many managers and coaches have been given their P45 and shown the club exit door to the dole queue, for much less unacceptable and abject performances.....

But, it's a humorous and entertaining thread, and it deflects from the pain of disappointment and defeat.....

Crack on......

Laugh? I nearly started...