Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vadis

Tetts

Not much to say apart from what a hero he is. For me he's been our best player after Krul this year. Whoever inevitably replaces him has big shoes to fill (Sitti?) indeed. Will be sad to see him go. Should be a hall of famer after he's left.

"I’m trying to do my best at the back and midfield. Even in goal, I would do my best because I love this club. I give all my best for the club and for my teammates."

• Like 6

Totally agree. Slated by many - including me - over the years but he’s been the only player to show grit and character this season. One of the players Farke has got the best from.

Yep mentioned him on the match thread, good to see him getting appreciation. A club man through and through, don’t get many of them these days.

12 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Not much to say apart from what a hero he is. For me he's been our best player after Krul this year. Whoever inevitably replaces him has big shoes to fill (Sitti?) indeed. Will be sad to see him go. Should be a hall of famer after he's left.

"I’m trying to do my best at the back and midfield. Even in goal, I would do my best because I love this club. I give all my best for the club and for my teammates."

One of my favourite players over the years. He just keeps going doesn't he? Think he is well respected by all players and has been a marvellous servant in yellow and green. A gentleman too.

I was reading the other day that he gave one of his shirts, signed, to a fan on his birthday. 

He defies his age and comes back injury after injury to do a great job either in midfield or centre of defence. Let's not forget that when he was given a contract extension many were surprised as it was generally considered his best years were well behind him and he would not handle a return to the Premier at 34.

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He defies his age and comes back injury after injury to do a great job either in midfield or centre of defence. Let's not forget that when he was given a contract extension many were surprised as it was generally considered his best years were well behind him and he would not handle a return to the Premier at 34.

I agree. He has been consistent even at this higher level. In fact I might even say as with Krul, his performances have been okay in the PL. It is a testament to his age and conditioning and it has surprised me. 

Going to miss him when he's gone, he's been an outstanding squad player over the years. Just need one last Tettey thunderbolt before the season is done!

Tetts for POTS. He hasn't done a lot wrong and many were writting him off 2 years ago. Guy needs a statue. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

How can anyone not love Tettey 

Some wont because he's not Makalele. Some wont because he's black. Personally I love him because he would do anything asked of him to the best of his ability, always has, even when his knees were a major issue for him, which seems to have eased a bit.  Great attitude.