Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Var hits a new low

It appears that no-one in Stockley Park has ever played footie. Never refereed a football match.........so glad to be going down. Good luck Leeds. Your euphoria will soon be quenched.

I wish they would scrap it... Doesn't make the game better to watch. It makes the wrong decisions even harder to take.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I wish they would scrap it... Doesn't make the game better to watch. It makes the wrong decisions even harder to take.

I thought you were watching repair shop?

Are you suddenly trying to look relevant to a conversation?

Oh and you forgot to mention how bad we are. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Ah the bully.... Try being adult now

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No I think he is very relevant - we've should be aggrieved by VAR with Pukki armpit hair offside for the THFC goal. 

Championship here we come....

Not big and tough.. you had a go (sad human, troll etc) you got it back.. now you are whinging😂

I'll gladly stop when you do.... somehow I don't think you can.... 

Hate bullies me...

5 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

They don't need to scrap it, that just need to implement it correctly.

"Clear and obvious errors" doesn't equal 4 minutes of watching frame by frame and drawing squiggly lines. If it's not obvious, the refs decision stands the same as rugby or cricket

Edited by AJ
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AJ said:

"Clear and obvious errors" doesn't equal 4 minutes of watching frame by frame and drawing squiggly lines. If it's not obvious, the refs decision stands the same as rugby or cricket

I don't think 'clear and obvious' applies to offside. They check every goal. But you're absolutely right, 4 minutes was absolutely ludicrous. They should have a maximum of 1 minute. Or be sent to Germany to be trained. 

• Like 1

Agree -  VAR remains good in principle, quality of operator will always be an issue, just as the quality of the man with the whistle has always been an issue. Mistakes will be made but any official repeatedly getting it wrong should be taken off the job.

• Like 1

Agree -  VAR remains good in principle, quality of operator will always be an issue, just as the quality of the man with the whistle has always been an issue. Mistakes will be made but any official repeatedly getting it wrong should be taken off the job.

Wasn't it brought in to stop that

Saw this one in La Liga the other night. The clearest dive you'll ever see, yet it took six minutes to clear up... and they ended up upholding the decision! This one's probably even worse than Godfrey's 'ghost foul' against Man U.

18 hours ago, AJ said:

Sorry don't agree - any credibility VAR had is completely shot and I say that as someone who was optismistic about it before the season started, even though the earlier results of its use were pretty mixed.

This season has repeatedly shown really fundamental failings in VAR, of which the incredible number of wrong decisions is only one part but there are others, and the overall impact of VAR on the atmosphere and excitement at games has been devastating.

No amount of tweaking its implementation is going to fix the problems, it needs to be scrapped.

31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Saw this one in La Liga the other night. The clearest dive you'll ever see, yet it took six minutes to clear up... and they ended up upholding the decision! This one's probably even worse than Godfrey's 'ghost foul' against Man U.

And not just Spain. This one happened in Serie A last night, and the league has actually defended the decision today by saying the referees were right to take no action as the kick that split his opponent's nose open was accidental.

You can understand decisions like these 'live', but they're difficult to justify after VAR checks.