Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Get off Farke’s back

It is not farke - he is a decent manager but he has been hung out to dry whilst the board look a gift horse in the mouth. 

- it’s the substandard over hyped players who are in the starting XI because the board were more miserly than any other promoted team ever. Honestly the spend was embarrassing and the recruitment absolutely dire. Not one player improved a team assembled for a champ relegation scrap on the cheap.  

Feel SO SORRY for Farke. He has, in effect, been given a budget for a Nissan micra and then told to compete in formula one

• Like 1

Honestly, I think we have to accept failure across the club. Recruits not good enough. Players not good enough. Coaching not good enough. And I think it's fair to say we've not had the luck either. No one aspect of the club have done enough to justify saying they've had a good season.

• Like 3

Farke has proven he is a decent coach but he has not had the tools in my opinion to freshen things up when it got stale. We did not strengthen an already weak defence and did not do enough to back up Pukki who was always going to hit a rough patch. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Farke has proven he is a decent coach but he has not had the tools in my opinion to freshen things up when it got stale. We did not strengthen an already weak defence and did not do enough to back up Pukki who was always going to hit a rough patch. 

I disagree. He can't make a good sub, he can't manage a game, he can't read the opposition and he can't motivate his players. 

The opposite, in fact, of a 'good coach'. 

• Like 1

I think he can improve players which I think makes him a good coach, his use of subs etc I agree could be better... Maybe he is not a great manager.. semantics? 

I think when you get relegated over the course of a season - its never just down to one thing.

1) Luck - we've had none of it. From var decisions, to hitting the post more than any other team apart from Man City, to getting so many injuries in the same position...we've not had the rub of the green.

2) Recruitment - only Byram from our signings has had a positive effect on the first team and his injury problems haven't gone away.

3) Players - not enough have been able to step up to this level (yet), primarily in central midfield.

4) Management and coaching - I struggle with this one because there is no evidence for it but in hindsight Farke could have been more proactive with subs etc although I really struggle with this because theres no evidence that will have made a difference. I also sympathise that we spent a good portion of pre season training with a back 5 in mind and we've never had the defenders available for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think he can improve players which I think makes him a good coach, his use of subs etc I agree could be better... Maybe he is not a great manager.. semantics? 

Only Cantwell looks better than he did last season, though. I can't think of another player who has improved upon last season. 

Buendia would probably be level (minus the goals). 

He has shown he can get an underrated squad promoted.

He hasn't shown he can keep them there despite not having the backing of the board or having a Sporting Director who has brought in players, apart from Byram, who aren't good enough.

We have to be honest and ask what the heck was that side he picked tonight?

I don’t quite get the sub thing. It’s not as if we have amazing options - It’s like for like half the time. Replace a physically smaller struggling player with another one...

We’re beat before we even get on the pitch at the moment. Major changes needed for the weekend especially in midfield where Norwich are so powder puff. 

He gets paid an enormous salary to succeed, he hasn’t so he has to take full responsibility for the horrendous season

i hope Webber acts quickly so we can have a full pre season with a new coach 

Have to say I have lost a lot of faith in Daniels ability mainly because he replaces Teemu with Drmic who is absolutely useless. 

He won't play Mario and doesn't encourage Teemu. Bad management

3 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Have to say I have lost a lot of faith in Daniels ability mainly because he replaces Teemu with Drmic who is absolutely useless. 

He won't play Mario and doesn't encourage Teemu. Bad management

And don’t get me started on his treatment of Leitner 

Farke had to do one thing this season make us hard to beat.

his formation, his tactics and line ups has made us hard NOT to beat!

He is only part of the problem but he hasn't improved us at all and he hasn't learnt anything since the start of the season.

In all honesty, the whole Club, in every department have been found wanting.

Investment, ambition, recruitment, coaching, team selection, tatics, formation, sustitutes, and luck.

Furthermore, we haven't had a leader on the pitch all season.

Without doubt the worst we have ever been in the PL and by some distance.

Just now, Making Plans said:

He is only part of the problem but he hasn't improved us at all and he hasn't learnt anything since the start of the season.

Investment, ambition, recruitment, coaching, team selection, tatics, formation, sustitutes, and luck.

Yeah I agree in every aspect we have been poor, it's painful as I type this west ham go ahead, not that it matters anymore.

10 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Can’t argue with any of that. And I am not convinced we are bouncing back either / we could be back to struggling for champ survival without some serious improvement in all those areas

16 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Totally agree... A miserable season all in all (Man City, spuds in the cup the exceptions)

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Can’t argue with any of that. And I am not convinced we are bouncing back either / we could be back to struggling for champ survival without some serious improvement in all those areas

Better squads than us have got relegated and struggled in championship.. Stoke, Boro etc. This team looks shot at the moment and it's not going to be easy next year.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It is not farke - he is a decent manager but he has been hung out to dry whilst the board look a gift horse in the mouth. 

- it’s the substandard over hyped players who are in the starting XI because the board were more miserly than any other promoted team ever. Honestly the spend was embarrassing and the recruitment absolutely dire. Not one player improved a team assembled for a champ relegation scrap on the cheap.  

Feel SO SORRY for Farke. He has, in effect, been given a budget for a Nissan micra and then told to compete in formula one

You cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear which is what Farke was asked to do. The recruitment by Webber and his team was absolutely dire regardless of spend. Surely the buck has to stop there with the director of football! He knew we were in the premiership, and recruited lower championship players. He is not the messiah everyone thinks!

11 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

You cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear which is what Farke was asked to do. The recruitment by Webber and his team was absolutely dire regardless of spend. Surely the buck has to stop there with the director of football! He knew we were in the premiership, and recruited lower championship players. He is not the messiah everyone thinks!

Don't you mean recruitment by Webber and FARKE?

The pair of them need to go.

8 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Don't you mean recruitment by Webber and FARKE?

The pair of them need to go.

Farke works with what he is given! He coaches. He is not involved with player recruitment.

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly, I think we have to accept failure across the club. Recruits not good enough. Players not good enough. Coaching not good enough. And I think it's fair to say we've not had the luck either. No one aspect of the club have done enough to justify saying they've had a good season.

I agree with this. I think from top to bottom we could have been better this season and everyone needs to accept some form of responsibility. Whilst I am apportioning blame to them (all), it does not mean that we should knee jerk reaction and make changes. I still believe in everything, the board, the sporting direction, the manager, the coaching staff, the players, the philosophy, everything.

I also believe that we will be back with a better chance of staying up if we continue with the current setup, but, even if we are not, this season has entirely been worth it for last season, without doubt the best season I have ever had. I'm not sure how any season could beat what I experienced last season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Farke works with what he is given! He coaches. He is not involved with player recruitment.

Incorrect

We have been a shambles since the restart. I can’t remember a period of 4 Consecutive games where we have been outclassed like this before ? Injuries have been a disaster but watching us failing to compete  has been embarrassing. 

A couple of wins and we would have been right in the mix. 

10 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

We have been a shambles since the restart. I can’t remember a period of 4 Consecutive games where we have been outclassed like this before ? Injuries have been a disaster but watching us failing to compete  has been embarrassing. 

A couple of wins and we would have been right in the mix. 

The players are clearly not up for the fight and that is the most disappointing aspect of the whole thing