Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

6 more cup finals

Bournemouth were hammered again today so nothing has really changed from a safety point of view. 

Today was always going to be a tricky affair but what wasn’t there to like in that first 20 minutes? We go again at the weekend with the first of two very winnable matches which with a little bit of fortune can put us right back in the mix. 
Those who want to wave the white flag please feel free to do so but those who haven’t given up yet may have the last laugh. 

We do need to score goals. Two efforts from long range and Idah early on was our effort.

We are letting the other 3 teams off lightly.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

We do need to score goals. Two efforts from long range and Idah early on was our effort.

Score goals and stop conceding them. Should do us well!

• Haha 2

What if none of the four teams above us win another game this season, two wins and a draw would see us safe, I`m still hoping for the miracle.😃

If that Godfrey shot goes in, its a whole different game - so anything can still happen, we were inches from a lead tonight. So we need a bit of luck to get in front - like we have several times this season - and then fight to keep that lead and get a few points over the line.

Four teams in the battle to stay up - and if the three above us carry on succumbing to the pressure and don't win games, it still gives us a dog's chance.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bournemouth were hammered again today so nothing has really changed from a safety point of view. 

Today was always going to be a tricky affair but what wasn’t there to like in that first 20 minutes? We go again at the weekend with the first of two very winnable matches which with a little bit of fortune can put us right back in the mix. 
Those who want to wave the white flag please feel free to do so but those who haven’t given up yet may have the last laugh. 

You are Lakey and i claim my £5. 😜

The only thing that makes me only 99 per cent sure we’re down as opposed to 100 is that we’ve still got Watford and West Ham. Win those “six pointers”, get something from Brighton or Burnley and even Man City last game of the season wont have anything to play for.

I mean we are absolutely woeful, so I doubt very much we’ll get anything from any of those, but there’s an extremely small chance still.

I’ve got to say that I have absolutely no enthusiasm for another season like this, if by some miracle we manage to stay up. I’ll just take the relegation and end this torture thanks 

• Like 1

Just now, JF said:

I’ve got to say that I have absolutely no enthusiasm for another season like this, if by some miracle we manage to stay up. I’ll just take the relegation and end this torture thanks 

If that's the case then just as well we won't be able to go into the grounds to see the carnage 😀

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You are Lakey and i claim my £5. 😜

I don't think even Lakey could be optimistic enough to describe the on-going charades as 'Cup Finals' - I would suggest that 'training games without the atmosphere or excitement' would be a more apt description.

We haven’t turned up so far. 
what will change? We cannot score. Rest Pukki for the remaining games  he has lost it since his toe injury. 
Big changes needed, it cannot be worse. 
blood our new crop of youth now. 

8 minutes ago, JF said:

Don’t get too down, least we haven’t had to actually watch the games, might be even longer before we can

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I don't think even Lakey could be optimistic enough to describe the on-going charades as 'Cup Finals' - I would suggest that 'training games without the atmosphere or excitement' would be a more apt description.

They are though - if the players have enough fight in them - just keep going with all guns blazing and you never know. That Godfrey shot was inches from setting us up for a challenge for the points tonight. Inches. A bit of luck - and we are due some - and we could get the all important win to get us back in touch with the teams above us

It’s been over 10 games ago we JUST can’t keep relying on other teams

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They are just better than us (except Bournemouth) they are dross 

3 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

It’s been over 10 games ago we JUST can’t keep relying on other teams

It is what it is. If the three teams above us keep losing, it keeps us within one win of being in reach of them.  The teams relegated are the ones that have the worst results over 38 games, not 32.  It's looking very bleak now, but even now, if Villa/Bnmth/West Ham continue to lose, then we are still potentially able to catch them.

I seriously don't think we can beat Brighton. I'd like to be wrong, but we can't stop the opposition scoring easy goals and we can't score. Murray also kills us every time he plays. My fingers are crossed but it's desperate stuff.