cambridgeshire canary

Krul- Still our player of the season?

Christ you'll start a thread about anything won't you?

Yes, he is. He made a mistake literally 5 minutes ago.  Get a grip.

• Thanks 1

Why would he be? He’s not been my POTS, nothing to do with today, I just think he’s been ok rather than making that many match winning/saving saves. 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why would he be? He’s not been my POTS, nothing to do with today, I just think he’s been ok rather than making that many match winning/saving saves. 

Who's been better?

POTS this season is fairly low hanging fruit.

Aarons, Kenny, Tettey, Cantwell, Pukki? - it’s not realistically a huge list, but on another thread you have people getting in a real tizz about a load of players leaving - but if none have been good enough for POTS why are we so bothered about them going?!

1 minute ago, markdmhoward said:

So fickle

I’m certainly not at all fickle.  If Krul wins POTS what does that say about our supposed £30m players in front of him?

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m certainly not at all fickle.  If Krul wins POTS what does that say about our supposed £30m players in front of him?

That they havent performed as consistently as him this season? What's price got do with POTS? 

I remember Krul making similar mistake in the champ last season , seems to look so slow on the ball thinking he has all the time in the world!

still player of the season though.... unless Pukki suddenly fires us to safety 

Tettey is mine, not just because of his longstanding and creditworthy association with our club but also because he has pulled out all the stops against all the odds this season for the cause.

Centre back today, and performing well.

Ktul has hitherto remained virtually faultless, but it's about time AT got all due recognition.

• Like 1

Sorry, but wherever  has this thing suddenly cone from that Krul is our player of the season?  He’s not done that much wrong but I just don’t recall that many match winning/saving saves.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Come on Branston, he is miles in front of the rest for POTS. And he is worth a lot of money as well as the others.

The mistake tonight was because we are following the trend of trying to keep possession even in our own 6 yard box. There is no disgrace in smashing it now and again.

Bournemouth went one down faffing around at the back. In our positions, we have to keep clean sheets to stand any chance. Trying keep ball at the back is unnecessary right now.

Ok, I’m obviously in the vast minority - for me Krul is ok but not outstanding. That he appears to have already won the player of the season realky would  suggest the rest have been very ordinary

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sorry, but wherever  has this thing suddenly cone from that Krul is our player of the season?  He’s not done that much wrong but I just don’t recall that many match winning/saving saves.

We've only had 5 wins all season so not a big pool of games to choose from. I would however say that he makes at least 1 exceptional save per match, every match. He's been the most consistent performer all season.

Simple, never try to pass the ball across your own penalty area.

Now we've done it twice

FFS, tippy tappy crap doesn't work

37 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

He's made plenty of potentially match winning saves but if we're not scoring any goals it makes it pretty difficult for him to make any actual match winning saves 🙄

• Like 1

He could pick the ball up from halfway, sprint as fast as his legs can carry them back to our goal, punt the ball into the back of our own net from half a yard and celebrate like he's just won the world cup while flicking Vs at the Barclay and still win it, that's how far ahead of the rest of the squad he is at the moment. 

41 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I do find it odd - thought Aarons would be the choice.

Really? Krul is the obvious choice for me. If Aarons was in the running he's shat all over his chances since the restart. Looks every bit a player who knows relegation won't affect him. 

53 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I just don’t recall that many match winning/saving saves.

3 goals in 12 games, is he expected to keep a clean sheet AND run down the other end to score the winner?

I quite like Krul but if we want to play out from the back, we need a new keeper who can do this, so as long as Farke is in charge, there is no place for him in the 1st Team.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I do find it odd - thought Aarons would be the choice.

Woeful at the start of the season, average at best for most of the middle, a few decent performances towards the end. Caught out of position defensively a lot, and hasn’t offered much going forward over the whole season either. I don’t think Aarons would be in my top 5.

Krul by a long way for me (although would agree he hasn’t been making world class match winning saves every ten minutes - he’s just been consistently steady, which is more than everyone else). Tettey probably second. Then Lewis.

Then it’s a bit of a toss up. Probably Pukki for the goals at the start of the season. Maybe Cantwell. 

• Like 2