Sign in to follow this  
NFN FC

Official match thread

1 minute ago, The Great Drinkell said:

Score isnt a fair reflection and it was always going to be a tough ask, 

Possibly victim of our own success last season - we were a long way away from a premiership team. Good experience for the yougster of which I hope we keep a couple.

Keep your chins up

Agree Drinkell.

Experience earned a very hard way though. 

Have to prove like Klopp said in his recent interview that this experience is needed so we use it wisely ahead.

There is some top talent in the EPL and the better ones are midfield players.

And despite the calls for another CB or Jordan Rhodes, we have been totally outplayed and overrun in midfield all season. Yet that wasthebest part of our set up last season.

Just shows the gulf in class and ability.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Really poor effort.

He forgot " six cup finals " 😂

If all the three teams above us lose this week, then the staus quo has been maintained and we are still one win from making it interesting.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm as cool as a cucumber, more than I can say for all the toys out of the prams merchants. 

Pissed?

Thanks for all the comments folks. Another sad night. I don't wish to be around for the post mortem as I think this thread has already provided one.

• Like 1

And Webber and the board need telling, you cannot get away with cheap Europeans in the EPL.

Some of our worst recent history involved those type of players like Derwelt, Dewaard etc. And now we have Drmic, Rupp, Duda.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unique said:

At least we know we’re down.

Villa, Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford fans are living on the edge.

Massive disappointment yet to come for two sets of fans.

We have longer to work out where it’s all gone wrong......

Doesn't take too much to work out where it's all gone wrong!!!

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:
5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm as cool as a cucumber, more than I can say for all the toys out of the prams merchants. 

Pissed?

I don't know, you'll have to ask them.

🙂

It was better when we matched them up 3-4-3 2nd half, but there are a number of passengers at Premier League level. Rupp, Drmic, Stieperman but might just find their level next season

Edited by Don’t be Krul

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If all the three teams above us lose this week, then the staus quo has been maintained and we are still one win from making it interesting.  

FFS.

• Like 1

Just now, Don’t be Krul said:

It was better when we matched them up 3-4-3 2nd half, but there are a number of passengers at Premier League level. Rupp, Drmic, Stieperman but might just find their level next season

I hope Drmic finds his level in some obscure European league

• Like 1

For me, having seen a small improvement vs Everton and a massive improvement vs Man Utd, this was worse than the Everton performance, but better than Southampton. 

• Like 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

For me, having seen a small improvement vs Everton and a massive improvement vs Man Utd, this was worse than the Everton performance, but better than Southampton. 

Like comparing eating cack and drinking urine

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Like comparing eating cack and drinking urine

I used the analogy if Southampton was a kick in the balls, Everton was a punch to the stomach. This? A punch to the face. 

I'm not sure how many more blows we can take before we get knocked out.

8 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Are we going to sell them to a League 2 Club?

21 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

There is some top talent in the EPL and the better ones are midfield players.

And despite the calls for another CB or Jordan Rhodes, we have been totally outplayed and overrun in midfield all season. Yet that wasthebest part of our set up last season.

Just shows the gulf in class and ability.

I’m still not convinced our midfield was all that good last season. Clearly not good enough defensively as we conceded shed loads last season for a club who won the league. Going forward - clearly a lot better than it was defensively, but I still think Pukki just had a golden touch season. If he’d had an “average” season, I think our midfield would have looked like a top half championship midfield maybe sneaking into the playoffs. A lot of cracks were papered over by Pukki scoring every time he got near the ball.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think we know what it will be like on this forum for the rest of tonight and well into tomorrow.

Well as it'll be the norm on here.....I'm pretty confident that our self-appointed 'True Fan's Voice Pink 'Un Forum Unofficial NCFC Board Butt Kissin' all things positive concerning our Club Apologist PR Team'. Are at this very moment in time, frantically group 'Whatsappin' each other and sortin' their stuff out, in eager preparation and anticipation of what's gonna be their immediate post-match plan of action?

Initially the 'True Fan's Club Voice Sycophant Squad' will sit and hold back and monitor the situation. It'll probably commence with the initial saturation of this forum, with a plethora of their usual damage limitation excuses. Then it'll be which 'weak' negative poster to round on, and when poster is identified, encircle and then snipe, snap and attack. Then it's which poster to belittle and discredit...Then answer a question with a question.....Then deflect from our club's failings by mentioning our Suffolk neighbour's or some other club's plight....Etc, etc, etc......Throw in a few of the 'Pink 'Un Pseudo Intellectual smarty pants brigade' who'll strut around arrogantly pecking into a few forum threads like peac0cks from Oxbridge' using some big words and flaunting their cleverness.....Then there's gonna be the dearie me, liar, liar forum kn0bnoxious antagonist....

Anyway, it's another poor performance and defeat.....Bring on the next mini cup-final.....

Deja Vu on this forum really......   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I hope we don't have to watch Drmuc or Rupp next season

We can pick apart the bones for days and I'm sure we will.

When Farke first arrived he tried to play 4-1-4-1 with the middle 4 being very advanced and attacking; learned that you can't get away with that at Champs level.

I'm hanging my hopes that he learns similar from this season, that playing 7 attacking players won't work against better sides. It's about next season now.

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

I’m still not convinced our midfield was all that good last season. Clearly not good enough defensively as we conceded shed loads last season for a club who won the league. Going forward - clearly a lot better than it was defensively, but I still think Pukki just had a golden touch season. If he’d had an “average” season, I think our midfield would have looked like a top half championship midfield maybe sneaking into the playoffs. A lot of cracks were papered over by Pukki scoring every time he got near the ball.

That's an interesting view. I always looked at it as if we Kevin Keeganed the Championship. We were not solid. We made a lot of mistakes. We just were able to overwhelm opposition with a very effective attack and a striker bang in form. 

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well as it'll be the norm on here.....I'm pretty confident that our self-appointed 'True Fan's Voice Pink 'Un Forum Unofficial NCFC Board Butt Kissin' all things positive concerning our Club Apologist PR Team'. Are at this very moment in time, frantically group 'Whatsappin' each other and sortin' their stuff out, in eager preparation and anticipation of what's gonna be their immediate post-match plan of action?

Initially the 'True Fan's Club Voice Sycophant Squad' will sit and hold back and monitor the situation. It'll probably commence with the initial saturation of this forum, with a plethora of their usual damage limitation excuses. Then it'll be which 'weak' negative poster to round on, and when poster is identified, encircle and then snipe, snap and attack. Then it's which poster to belittle and discredit...Then answer a question with a question.....Then deflect from our club's failings by mentioning our Suffolk neighbour's or some other club's plight....Etc, etc, etc......Throw in a few of the 'Pink 'Un Pseudo Intellectual smarty pants brigade' who'll strut around arrogantly pecking into a few forum threads like peac0cks from Oxbridge' using some big words and flaunting their cleverness.....Then there's gonna be the dearie me, liar, liar forum kn0bnoxious antagonist....

Anyway, it's another poor performance and defeat.....Bring on the next mini cup-final.....

Deja Vu on this forum really......   

Yeah i think that pretty much sums it up.

• Haha 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah i think that pretty much sums it up.

The best footy forum in the universe.....oh yeah.....