Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

Tonight’s game

Feels that way, doesn't it. A mountain to climb etc., as we all know. 

I have only felt that we are out of hope twice this season. After twenty-five minutes at Anfield on the opening day it looked like we would concede ten goals, and I thought we were in the wrong league. We bounced back from that in style.

Equally, after the Southampton no-show I thought we were dead and buried, but after the Everton and Man U performances it feels that we could hit winning form. Central defence is of course our Achilles heel, but we will see 🙂

I don't want to predict a win tonight, more probably a spawny single goal win for Arsenal, but who knows?

Arsenal fan messaged me earlier and says this is the game he’s feared most since the restart. He was acknowledging that despite whatever injury problems we have, Norwich City nearly always turn up against the better sides. He is concerned, and doesn’t care that we’ve only got 1 fit centre back. I hope he’s right.

Would like to see Cantwell, Hernandez and Vrancic start tonight. Let’s meet fire with fire 🔥 

16 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Arsenal fan messaged me earlier and says this is the game he’s feared most since the restart. He was acknowledging that despite whatever injury problems we have, Norwich City nearly always turn up against the better sides. He is concerned, and doesn’t care that we’ve only got 1 fit centre back. I hope he’s right.

Would like to see Cantwell, Hernandez and Vrancic start tonight. Let’s meet fire with fire 🔥 

Sadly feel there is more chance of us winning the leauge than Vrancic starting

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly feel there is more chance of us winning the leauge than Vrancic starting

You may well have a point there, Cambridgeshire ha ha. I agree, would be nice to see him start, I think Arsenal would be the perfect sort of game for him. 

We'll lose fairly comfortably I should imagine. This will be immediately followed by more calls for Farke and Webber and Delia and the Kit Man and the Window Cleaner and the Spinny-Screen Operator to all be sacked. It will be a damning indictment of our lack of ambition and then Brentford will be held up as a team showing the commitment to big-league football that we lack. It will also further highlight that we aren't Manchester City and that Delia's last name isn't Mansour; this will cause apoplectic rage. Cries of us not spending enough to survive will echo through the PinkUn while all the time remembering to moan about the membership fee and the price of season tickets; "..not OUR money, somebody else's money..." Wanting a bigger spend but not wanting to spend their own money to facilitate it, wanting a change in regime but not willing to do anything to try and force it. 

Boo. Everyone Out. 

But, you know, I hope we nick a 2-1 or something. Where we'll find two goals is anyone's guess, much like how we'll keep them down to one is too. 

• Like 1