Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Championship relegation

Recommended Posts

Crazily, the bottom three when the season was paused: Charlton, Luton and Barnsley have not lost a game since the restart. Charlton and Barnsley have 7 points from 3 games and Luton have 5 points from 3 games (and Wigan who were in 20th have won all three).

Conversely, Hull have gained 3 points in their last 13 games since Jarrod Bowen scored on January 1st in their last win.

Current Table

image.png.af3bc3526201516544abfc86ccc22d72.png

Table before Lockdown

image.png.7ed96a122cca10843d2fe0764dedb19e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Huddersfield, too - relegated from the Prem only last season and currently in the bottom three. Just saying....

I was going to do a separate thread on "everything reverts to the mean/its natural state", and the Wagner/Webber project is a surprisingly acute example

image.thumb.png.baa04fbd76881019f4bcfc3ecb997884.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This merely inderpins the point I have made elsewhere.

It is not lack of 'hambition' that has put these clubs in this position - but a foolish and desperate attempt to cling unto a PL place

Crank up the debt and wage bill, and to hell with the consequences should they be relegated

Clubs are left with players on huge contracts with no ability to move them on, as despite some bizarre thoughts expressed on here previously clubs cannot simply sell the player so as to cancel the contract. As we found out with Naismith

It also means that you end up like Sunderland selling whoever you can to try top escape LI which is the direct opposite to use, which has shown in our youth system now delivering.

And it is not a difficult rule to live by. If you cannot meet the bills after relegation, then don't run them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how you want to look at these things I guess.

You could always choose to spin it as 'look at the dangers of having local fans in charge rather than foreign owners!' 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm rooting for Luton to stay up as i work with a Luton fan whos alright.

Also because. they dared to take a point off the mighty Leeds last night who are easily the best team the championships had for years (yes. I also work with a deluded and increasingly angry Leeds fan!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't be! I was told those clubs had ambition....

And that the Prem was the place to be Double N? It seems these brilliantly run clubs with wealthy owners are aiming for L1.

Surely people haven't been telling us lies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan will have to keep up their winning form to overcome a 12 point deduction for administration now won't they? 

But I agree that 0 points , 1 point and 1 point since the restart for Huddersfield, Stoke and Hull must have their fans sweating. 😞 

Whatever happens, it's going to be a VERY tough League 1 next year for L1p5wich. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Wigan will have to keep up their winning form to overcome a 12 point deduction for administration now won't they? 

But I agree that 0 points , 1 point and 1 point since the restart for Huddersfield, Stoke and Hull must have their fans sweating. 😞 

Whatever happens, it's going to be a VERY tough League 1 next year for L1p5wich. 

 

It's kind of a shame the leauge one season ended, given Ipswichs form (what was it again? D/L/L/L/L?) they had quite a chance of slipping down to leauge two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Will Boro fans ever forgive us for having the audacity to beat them so comfortably at Wembley?

Living within 30 minutes of Middlesbrough and working with lots of their fans, they genuinely don't care. No more than we still care about Birmingham beating us.

I'm torn if I want them to be relegated or not; I genuinely admire how all of the local kids support Middlesbrough, as opposed to when I grew up in Norwich and and there were as many - if not more - Man Utd fans at my school. On the other side, I get to make fun of them if they get relegated. Either way - and assuming we're allowed to go to games - I'm going to the Riverside next season, in the away end against City or the home end against the scum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's kind of a shame the leauge one season ended, given Ipswichs form (what was it again? D/L/L/L/L?) they had quite a chance of slipping down to leauge two.

A lot of Ipswich fans are claiming the season should have curtailed earlier when they were in the playoffs or been allowed to complete as by then they would have made the playoffs.

All in all Id say them staying right where they are with vastly reduced potential of making any transfer money is mission accomplished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

A lot of Ipswich fans are claiming the season should have curtailed earlier when they were in the playoffs or been allowed to complete as by then they would have made the playoffs.

All in all Id say them staying right where they are with vastly reduced potential of making any transfer money is mission accomplished.

Only the most deluded of Binners held any hope of them getting in the playoffs. Absolutely no chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Only the most deluded of Binners held any hope of them getting in the playoffs. Absolutely no chance. 

So, all of them?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I was going to do a separate thread on "everything reverts to the mean/its natural state", and the Wagner/Webber project is a surprisingly acute example

image.thumb.png.baa04fbd76881019f4bcfc3ecb997884.png

Jordan Rhodes, top scorer 3 seasons in a row-whatever happened to him? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When will Wigan’s point deduction take affect? If it’s immediate then that’s them down. 

Not so sure about that - they would be 6 points adrift, but they are on a winning streak and maybe big bonuses on offer?  Of course if administration means no wages that's a different scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When will Wigan’s point deduction take affect? If it’s immediate then that’s them down. 

If they finish out of the bottom three then it comes into immediate effect, if they’re relegated then they start next season on -12

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen the football we are playing... I would not rule out two relegations in a row at the moment... Not arsed about anyone else

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Have you seen the football we are playing... I would not rule out two relegations in a row at the moment... Not arsed about anyone else

Don't you ever stop with the moany, whiney ****e? Honestly we all know how bad we are and don't need to turn every thread into a "God we're so ****" fest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Have you seen the football we are playing... I would not rule out two relegations in a row at the moment... Not arsed about anyone else

Meltdown rating 9/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Have you seen the football we are playing... I would not rule out two relegations in a row at the moment... Not arsed about anyone else

I hope you put your Tena Lady in. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Don't you ever stop with the moany, whiney ****e? Honestly we all know how bad we are and don't need to turn every thread into a "God we're so ****" fest. 

Don't you ever get at the least bit fed up with second rate or is your fan worship of our owners all you care about. Terminally dull....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...