Tommo

Summer incomings (wish list)

Really don't feel we need a great deal, especially if we keep Pukki. 

Idah, Martin and Gilmour should be featuring regularly next season.

We have Sitti, Sinani and McCallum already in. 

If we sell a couple of our more treasured assets for big money then if we are going to spend some cash then a key target should be a youngish centre back who we feel has the potential to play in the prem if we get back up again and perhaps a pacey striker and if we sell Lewis then another left back but other than that I don't think we need a great deal and can hopefully be very targeted in terms of bringing in 2 or 3 quality players rather than a scattergun approach.

Even if you took the pessimistic view that we will sell Lewis, Aarons, Buendia, Cantwell and Godfrey then before we've added anything (and me not including some of the young full backs I know we have but don't know enough about) the squad would be something like as follows:

GK: Krul, Mcgovern

LB: McCullum

RB: Byram

CB: Zimmerman, Hanley, Klose,

CM: Tettey, Trybull, Mclean, Leitner, Vrancic, Thompson, Sitti, Gilmour

AM: Hernandez, Martin, Sinani, Stiepermann

CF: Pukki, Drmic, Idah

Full backs plus a CB the obvious area that would need attention but as I've said I know we do have some youngsters in the U23s who look quite promising there.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

....whilst Tettey appears to have had a leg transplant.

Watching Tettey, I think both legs appear to have the wrong feet attached to them.

I'm not sure anyone else has noticed you guys, but using my keen tactical insight I reckon a new DM might really help us out

If we make no signings next season and even if we lose Lewis, Buendia, Aarons and Cantwell we could still be lining up like this:

Krul

Byram Godfrey Zimmermann McCallum

Tettey   Vrancic

Sinani  Stiepermann Hernandez

Pukki

With McGovern, Klose, Hanley, Sitti, McLean, Leitner, Rupp, Drmic, Gilmour, Martin, Famewo, and Idah in reserve.

That's already a pretty good Championship side, assuming our signings pay off and losing those players would be pretty much the worse case scenario for the transfer window. The key for me is holding onto as many of our younger players + Krul and Pukki and then if we have to sell, finding high quality replacements. The last thing I'd want to see is a big squad overhaul, I'd leave that for the season after if we're promoted or it doesn't work out. 

I'd take the following finance permitting -

Gk- remi Matthews (free) Wes foderingham (free) only as back up to Krul though.

Def. Amari bell from Blackburn has always seemed handy.

Wigan have now gone into administration, personally I've liked the look of their cb Kipre. Also their left back Robinson has attracted interest according to the press 

But i assume all our CBS will stay plus we have famewo and rocky bushari. Then we have Jordan Thomas and Caleb richards coming through, as well as Sam McCallum, and Sam Bryon and maybe we will see Rob nizet (young Belgium player signed in summer?)

Midfield I'd love Ben Pearson from Preston, good passer and tough tackler, cost would be within our reach but his card record isn't great. Think theres been a couple mentioned on here of young midfielders for that defensive role from championship sides. I've always liked the look of Matty cash as well but I'd assume he will be too expensive. Reed is a good shout as well if it's a bargain

Out wide, depending who we lose, I'd like Joe lolley. I think he is very underrated.

Upfront I think Jordan Rhoades is a must on a free if his wages were suitable to his role. I have liked meite from reading aswell, strong quick and can play outside, although I wouldn't say I'd be excited by his signing. 

As for getting previous players back, like Pritchard and the Murphy's, id say no way! They left this group and maybe they would upset the applecart if they came back. Would anyone else take them. Not saying they aren't any good, just unsure if coming back after you have left is the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

I'd take the following finance permitting -

Gk- remi Matthews (free) Wes foderingham (free) only as back up to Krul though.

Def. Amari bell from Blackburn has always seemed handy.

Wigan have now gone into administration, personally I've liked the look of their cb Kipre. Also their left back Robinson has attracted interest according to the press 

But i assume all our CBS will stay plus we have famewo and rocky bushari. Then we have Jordan Thomas and Caleb richards coming through, as well as Sam McCallum, and Sam Bryon and maybe we will see Rob nizet (young Belgium player signed in summer?)

Midfield I'd love Ben Pearson from Preston, good passer and tough tackler, cost would be within our reach but his card record isn't great. Think theres been a couple mentioned on here of young midfielders for that defensive role from championship sides. I've always liked the look of Matty cash as well but I'd assume he will be too expensive. Reed is a good shout as well if it's a bargain

Out wide, depending who we lose, I'd like Joe lolley. I think he is very underrated.

Upfront I think Jordan Rhoades is a must on a free if his wages were suitable to his role. I have liked meite from reading aswell, strong quick and can play outside, although I wouldn't say I'd be excited by his signing. 

As for getting previous players back, like Pritchard and the Murphy's, id say no way! They left this group and maybe they would upset the applecart if they came back. Would anyone else take them. Not saying they aren't any good, just unsure if coming back after you have left is the right thing to do.

Nizet wasn’t great (from the few times I saw him) In the U23s, I’d imagine he is a loan waiting to happen! 

Cash and Lolley will be in the prem next season.

Meite is a great shout, pain in the backside last time we played them and seems to pop up with a goal for them. 

Lyle Taylor ST on a free transfer from Charlton would be a great signing imo. Seems to be more physical than Pukki and would give us something a bit different. 

Chris Schindler CB from Huddersfield would be a good shout. A previous Webber signing and got a pretty food injury record.

After seeing them both a couple of times recently Ollie Watkins from Brentford and resign Harrison Reid, he looked everything we were missing in midfield.

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

After seeing them both a couple of times recently Ollie Watkins from Brentford and resign Harrison Reid, he looked everything we were missing in midfield.

We'll never get Ollie Watkins unfortunately as if Brentford don't make it, he will.

As for Harrison Reed, was amazed we never got him back in, I agree with you, he is exactly what we needed in our midfield.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

We'll never get Ollie Watkins unfortunately as if Brentford don't make it, he will.

As for Harrison Reed, was amazed we never got him back in, I agree with you, he is exactly what we needed in our midfield.

I agree absolutely no chance of Watkins, but watching Reed against Leeds, he was everywhere. Looked like the leader we have missed. Even if we were interested I suppose it would depend on wether our parting was amicable or not.

I don't know about individuals but we need a GK+central defender+central midfielder+striker spine of top-six championship level which provides us with at least one fit player in each of those positions throughout the season. As it stands with the squad we don't have that kind of reliable cover.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't know about individuals but we need a GK+central defender+central midfielder+striker spine of top-six championship level which provides us with at least one fit player in each of those positions throughout the season. As it stands with the squad we don't have that kind of reliable cover.

Are we selling Krul ? Or is this a back up ? 

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Are we selling Krul ? Or is this a back up ? 

I should have left the GK position out of that, because you cannot keep two such happy, as we in effect saw with Fahrmann leaving. But the back-up to Krul should be better than McGovern, and if young then someone who wouldn't be fazed by playing in the Championship.