Tommo

Summer incomings (wish list)

Midfield - Like the look of Conor Gallagher on loan at Swansea from Chelsea, I believe we were linked with a loan move back in Jan. has a flair about his play in central midfield and always looking for positive passes into attacking players.

Striker - I would like us to go for either Gayle or Wickham, both would do the damage in the champ. Can’t imagine Pukki and Drmic staying and whilst Idah is a big up and coming talent we couldn’t rely consistently on him to fire us back to the prem.

GK - Silvestri who played for Leeds would be a good experienced option. Or maybe Angus on loan if he continues to be reserve keeper for Southampton ? Imagine Krul has done enough to earn himself a prem league move or top level club in Europe. Would love him to stay though. 

Edited by Tommo

An Ndidi-esc defensive midfielder that can actually shield the defence, run and make a decent pass up the pitch 

6 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

An Ndidi-esc defensive midfielder that can actually shield the defence, run and make a decent pass up the pitch 

Lewis Travis of Blackburn is an upcoming championship combative midfielder but likely to be out of our transfer budget. So we will need to be plucking another unknown European defensive midfielder. 

to be fair Melvin Sitti is a DM but he will need time to adapt to the demands of the English game

33 minutes ago, Tommo said:

maybe Angus on loan if he continues to be reserve keeper for Southampton ? Imagine Krul has done enough to earn himself a prem league move or top level club in Europe. Would love him to stay though. 

I was thinking Gunn would be perfect if Krul left. 

Perhaps a swap if Southampton were after any of our players. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

That's all the profits from any sales swallowed up in one players fees and wages, but  have to agree DM is priority. Frenke de Jong would be a coup too.

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would like Jordan Rhodes back 😜

I'd prefer  his front, for headers , shots etc. The backheel and backheader  are not essential, occasionally  useful but not  crucial.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

That's all the profits from any sales swallowed up in one players fees and wages, but  have to agree DM is priority. Frenke de Jong would be a coup too.

Well not actually Ndidi but someone that'll just run around and win the ball back

Just now, NFN FC said:

Well not actually Ndidi but someone that'll just run around and win the ball back

I get that. 

I would like to see some cheer leaders for half time entertainment if that is not possible what is Cody McDonald doing these days 

• Haha 1

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

I would like to see some cheer leaders for half time entertainment if that is not possible what is Cody McDonald doing these days 

I was thinking more Simeon Jackson 

Get Harrison Reed back in the team. Useful player in lots of positions. Farke liked him. Decent utility player.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Karlan Grant from Huddersfield turning up.

We were reported to be interested last year. 

Fully depends who goes obviously but either way, we need a plan b striker who is more of a physical option. Ivan Toney would be absolutely ideal as far as I'm concerned.

As for the rest of the business, it seems like we've already done much of it. Might be useful to use the loan market on some talent like Brewster or something or Neco Williams from Liverpool but perhaps they might be deemed ready for the squad.

I'd like:

- Another winger with pace. 

- As mentioned above, a DM who can defend AND pass the ball. (top, top, top priority.)

- A back up / youth Keeper, so that we are not one injury away from McGovern having to play.

- Replace Drmic with someone who has played / seen / heard of the game of Football previously.

- Thin out the midfielders we have, partially to make way for the above winger & DM but also because we already have too many; we have McClean, Tettey, Trybull, Rupp, Leitner, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Buendia, Cantwell and Hernandez for 5 positions (ignoring Sitti, Thompson, Martin, Mumba & Sinani, as unsure how involved they will be).

- Contradicting the above, but keep hold of as many of your current players as we can (that we want to!).

As it is a wishlist, I would also like to improve;

- Number of homegrown players.

- General pace of the team. Hernandez, Aarons and Lewis aside, we are very slow.

- Height of team. Every set-piece it's only our central defenders who are of similar stature to their counterpart.

We definitely need a GK as part of summer transfers - McGovern as our back up isn’t going to cut it and of course there is the possibility of Krul leaving if we are relegated 

Klose, Zimmerman and Handley will do fine in the Chumps, but we need a.n.other (old hand?) as insurance against injury.Then we will have the youngster to blood in Famenowo as well. Fine there.

For some reason, and I admit  a degree of footballing illiteracy here,  Ben Godfrey (who will attract possibly more muti-millions and than the others) is the player I would least mind cashing in on.

We will need a 'cruncher' in midfield as a defensive midfielder of enough quality to be our biggest expense.  Kenny Mc., Rupp and Trybull as the workhorses, whilst Tettey appears to have had a leg transplant.

Full backs ... rob the binners of Kane Vincent-Young (£3m should do it,) their only player of real class. Whether we sell anybody or not. Another kick in the **** for the beloved ones?

See no reason whatsoever for Pukki to leave, we are stuck with Drmic (he might come good on those occasions he is actually fit)  and Idah is clearly a prospect of some prospectivity. Rhodes would be cheaper now but may be still a bit of a lux, but I'd be happy with him back in the yellow.

Creative midfield. Hardest area as we do not know who will go. However, Stiepermann should come back to the fore, may be even Leitner and we have youth. and Super Mario.

GK. I see no reason for Krul to leave  and Remi Mathews (sp) is a free agent if neither Oxborough nor Mair are considered ready.

We won't need much, and even if we sell a couple we will retain the dust of the PL upon our shoulders. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

3 CB's seems excessive. 

There's no way we're signing 3 first-team CB's 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

3 CB's seems excessive. 

I know. Assuming Godfrey leaves, that would mean we have six. 

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I know. Assuming Godfrey leaves, that would mean we have six. 

If Godfrey leaves I'd suggest we'd need to add a couple, depending on how the management team view Famewo. 

I love Klose but I've got very little faith in him to stay healthy and I think the injuries have hurt his long term ability.

Hanley and Zimmermann are more than good enough for the Championship. 

13 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I take it you have gone off the idea of a new stinking rich chinese owner then ?