CANARYKING

“ WE ARE TOWN “

Get yourself a large bucket and pop over to TWTD to watch the video of the new kit launch, gut wrenching doesn’t half cover it, celebrating 40 years since their UEFA cup win, trouble there is nothing since.

That's one way for them to distract them from being in and spending yet another season in Leauge one. Good thing they arent obssesed with history right?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

dear god, they've even got Eufa Cup 40 years on their shorts as well as under the badge

have they forgot the Texaco Cup already

How tinpot do you have to get, yes fair enough they won it but it was 40 years ago. What sort of milestone is that? They still seem to think they are some European heavyweight because they won something 40 years ago. I suppose they are desperate to remind people of the last time they actually did something.

Tragic.

Edited by alex_ncfc

I think the criteria for things like this is you have to Be currently achieving so little that you’re clinging to things from the past.

there is a time and a place for recognising success and past over achievements but I don’t believe that’s the case here - this is tacky 

“Beware of us Northampton. We were big 40 years ago.”

Remember it all Ipswich Town best team in the country 

Got to give it to them in those old days International players throughout the side

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like the stars have been ditched.

the shirt, or the squad ?

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No stars in the squad.  Idiot.

Thanks for clearing that up, HC

Thats hilarious. All that for a bog standard plain as anything, off the rack Adidas kit? Not to mention the current players being mixed in with the uefa Cup winners 🤣

Whole thing is embarrassing from start to finish. Boring kit too.

I often wonder how Robson's team of Worldbeaters, Champions of Europe etc. actually only managed to win so little. If you read all their guff you would be mistaken for thinking that they were not the best league side that ever existed.

The FA Cup, fair enough. Such mighties as Coventry, Wimbledon,  Wigan and Portsmouth (present) have won it since though.

UEFA Cup, fair enough and they beat a couple of big names on the way, but the the European Cup winners at the time were the real Champions of Europe.

They were so good that they never actually won the  old First Division and I've made the point before that if Robson's talents had been available to other than such a backwater club as ITFC then his list of achievements would likely have been much longer and he would have been included in the list of all time greats in the domestic game, alongside the likes of Shankley and Ferguson.

Edited by BroadstairsR

To be fair if I had to watch Cole Skuse and Emyr Huws struggle to cope with Exeters midfield on a regular basis I would probably try to think about the good times too.

Pretty sure apart from the one they got relegated in, all their Adidas kits have been pretty much identikit  

It's beautiful to observe how with every year their accomplishments get less and less relevant and their clinging to nostalgia more and more sad. ITFC are Norfolk's bespoke anti depressant.

• Like 1