1 hour ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Mechelen are a pretty big Belgian club, so shows he must be highly rated.

This either worries me or assures me and I'm not sure which one.

To do a deal this early they are clearly comfortable with what we have or what we're bringing in 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

This either worries me or assures me and I'm not sure which one.

To do a deal this early they are clearly comfortable with what we have or what we're bringing in 🤷‍♂️

Or we (farke and his team) consider Bashiri no where near the Championship squad next season.... which would be a concern .

Could work out well for us, hopefully we'll be in a good position when he returns. 

Next season I think Famewo could be pushing for a place. 

I’m a little at a loss, as above a team who will be playing European football next season and top 6 of a decent Belgium league, which must be on par with the Championship! I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just not settled here and this could end up being loan with permanent move. 

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

We probably didn’t help by sending him to Blackpool the minute he arrived !

Yes, thought he was highly rated in Belgium and has played at under 21 level. His size and speed should have fitted into our back four really. We’ll wait and see how this one develops, must think we’ll be keeping Godfrey and Zimmermann next season then.

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m a little at a loss, as above a team who will be playing European football next season and top 6 of a decent Belgium league, which must be on par with the Championship! I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just not settled here and this could end up being loan with permanent move. 

I don't think Mechelen are in Europe, are they?

Also, if he were deemed good enough, he would've stayed. He flopped at Blackpool, so I'm going to trust the club's judgement on this one.