Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

‘We are not going to be sacking the coach next week’ - Webber on City’s grand plan

The dreaded vote of confidence it’s just a matter of time now

we want Hughton back sing we want Hughton back 

This quote is interesting, I wonder if it’s happened?

If you are going to move think it is somewhere where I can get into the team. Not be on the phone to us crying in 12 months.

Edited by capricorn1

13 minutes ago, capricorn1 said:

This quote is interesting, I wonder if it’s happened?

More likely to be a player who we've sold since Webber was here so the contenders are in the public domain.

Saw on Twitter apparently in the Atheltic Webber does confirm a player that left us whilst in the Championship was asking to come back on loan a year later when it wasn't working out.

My vote is Jacob Murphy. 

This article must be wrong though, because we've definitely been reliably informed on here that there is no greater plan at work at Norwich City.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

Pritchard or one of the Murphy twins I'd say, you're probably right with Jacob @Mason 47.

Jacob would be most likely. After his first year at Newcastle he's had loan spells at West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday and clearly doesn't feature in their plans any more.

Josh was playing fairly regularly for Cardiff, and the timing doesn't seem right for Pritchard.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Is the 'Farke out' lot really that loud?

Probably..... empty  vessels make most noise.

16 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Jacob would be most likely. After his first year at Newcastle he's had loan spells at West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday and clearly doesn't feature in their plans any more.

Josh was playing fairly regularly for Cardiff, and the timing doesn't seem right for Pritchard.

Also Farke was gutted when Pritchard left so I reckon they'd have done that deal if viable.

well he ain't going this season, all it would take is a dodgy start to next season and he'd be gone after 10 games. Don't see us struggling too much next year though (not bad enough to sack Farke anyway). Think we will be around the playoffs mix at least.

Is the 'Farke out' lot really that loud?

It's probably to shut the media up. They love speculating and rumour mongering, it's how they make their living, so anything to stop their nonsense is probably a good idea. 

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also Farke was gutted when Pritchard left so I reckon they'd have done that deal if viable.

Pritchard could end up in league 1 at the rate Huddersfield are going. Like the Cowley's, they jumped a ship too 

As already said, Jacob seems most likely. I’m sure there was quite a talk of him coming back in a previous transfer window when we were in the championship. 

3 minutes ago, Clint said:

As already said, Jacob seems most likely. I’m sure there was quite a talk of him coming back in a previous transfer window when we were in the championship. 

Always have affection for our own,  the Murphy lads are no different but it turns out neither were ever quite as good as I thought they were and we did well to sell for what we did. 

• Like 1

I will trust Webber's words fully only once Farke has spoken on this matter. It appears fine to read Webber's words but I'm not entirely sure he has said anything concrete. Yet, I hope he and DF stay as well as some of our youngsters.

On another point, when does the transfer market open and close for next season (seems weird to be even asking this)?

44 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Pritchard could end up in league 1 at the rate Huddersfield are going. Like the Cowley's, they jumped a ship too 

Pritchard's career since he left us kind of makes the money we got for him look better.

• Like 1

Plus wasn’t he supposed to be getting something ridiculous like £80K a week? A tad out of our shopping budget. I wonder if he had a relegation clause.

Wouldn't mind either Murphy or Pritchard back tbh.

Nothing to see here re Farke. Webber was never going to say the sack was imminent, nor does it say he won't be sacked next season.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Pritchard's career since he left us kind of makes the money we got for him look better.

Yes agree. He has looked quite ordinary.

A lot like Brady, which I thought at the time was great business.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Plus wasn’t he supposed to be getting something ridiculous like £80K a week? A tad out of our shopping budget. I wonder if he had a relegation clause.

Yes, Pritchard was rumoured to be on a somewhat incredible salary!

42 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Always have affection for our own,  the Murphy lads are no different but it turns out neither were ever quite as good as I thought they were and we did well to sell for what we did. 

I never ever thought that I would agree with you on anything but here it is 

I am off to have a little lie down 

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't think an ultra defensive Huddersfield team under Wagner really suited him.

All reports suggest Farke was a big fan and I do think he'd have thrived in our system over time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, Pritchard was rumoured to be on a somewhat incredible salary!

According to sillyseason he is on 30 grand a week. Not sure if he took a paycut when they got relegated or not, but either way 30 grand for a player like him is pretty silly - I wouldent want to pay him 10 grand a week!

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

They were stunning deals for Norwich. In fact I can't think of an outgoing deal in recent years that was under perceived value - maybe Oliveira, but there were reasons for that.

And now £30m each for Cantwell and/or Aarons? Unbelievable, Geoff.

• Like 1

I don't think an ultra defensive Huddersfield team under Wagner really suited him.

All reports suggest Farke was a big fan and I do think he'd have thrived in our system over time.

No, agreed, but i've not seen much about him going elsewhere during the time but if the 80k prem wage is to be believed then that would have a lot to do with it!

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I never ever thought that I would agree with you on anything but here it is 

I am off to have a little lie down 

Sounds like a weak excuse to hunt for the gentleman’s sausage!

• Haha 1