Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Talk sport selling our players

First of all I’d like to wish everyone a very good morning. It’s an absolute given that the gems will be on their way late summer. Those thinking that just one or two might be off are in for a slight shock.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

First of all I’d like to wish everyone a very good morning. It’s an absolute given that the gems will be on their way late summer. Those thinking that just one or two might be off are in for a slight shock.

Nope, pretty confident it will be 2, 3 at most.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I can defo see Lewis going. 
Buendia won’t be in a Leeds shirt next season, I’d imagine he will be moving abroad.

I’d be surprised if cantwell gets this big move they keep touting him with.

Aaron’s seems like he will be in north London.

I’d imagine godfrey stays and captains the team.

Can’t see Pukki getting a prem move.

Wouldn’t be too sad with the outcome, as most positions are already covered with Mcallum in for Lewis(Heise backup), Byram for Aaron’s(back up required) sinani in for Buendia(backup required), Hernandez in for Cantwell(Martin backup).

• Like 2

Hopefully the work the club has already put in regarding replacements will pay off.

Sinking ships and rats spring to mind when thinking about relegation. Don't blame them, short career and all that.  

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I can defo see Lewis going. 
Buendia won’t be in a Leeds shirt next season, I’d imagine he will be moving abroad.

I’d be surprised if cantwell gets this big move they keep touting him with.

Aaron’s seems like he will be in north London.

I’d imagine godfrey stays and captains the team.

Can’t see Pukki getting a prem move.

Wouldn’t be too sad with the outcome, as most positions are already covered with Mcallum in for Lewis(Heise backup), Byram for Aaron’s(back up required) sinani in for Buendia(backup required), Hernandez in for Cantwell(Martin backup).

If Lewis goes as well as Aaron’s the club could have a look at Dabo who was Coventry’s player of the season. Excellent player who would would cost the kind of fee Norwich like to pay. 

Well, Talksport are just jumping on the bandwagon as the TV guys have mentioned it at every game we've played so far as they struggle to in fill their commentary.  Not a shock, not nice to hear, but inevitable

I'm assuming the Buendia/Leeds thing is coming up as they wanted to sign him before we did. I'd hope he'd stay is they were his only option though, although I wonder how much the pull of working under a legend like Bielsa might help.

Aarons I can't see staying, lots of buzz around Cantwell now.

Krul could be a sleeper target for a team like Sheffield United if they can't keep Henderson.

Stuff the rumours. They are all our players and we don't have to sell any of them.  Yes two or three might want to go, or might get offered for we can't refuse, but really, I wish people wouldn't listen to Talksh*te - it doesn't get that nickname for nothing - and anyway if we do somehow stay up, they will all be in the PL anyway and their value will rocket as a result so it is better to wait till the end of the season before speculating.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up receiving players plus cash from buying clubs rather than just a straight sale.

Coronavirus has heavily impacted the finances and most of the clubs being discussed as destinations for our players carry big squads and will no doubt want to trade.

Can I see clubs spending £20-30m on our players, not really but £10-20m plus players(s) is probably more likely.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Stuff the rumours. They are all our players and we don't have to sell any of them.  Yes two or three might want to go, or might get offered for we can't refuse, but really, I wish people wouldn't listen to Talksh*te - it doesn't get that nickname for nothing - and anyway if we do somehow stay up, they will all be in the PL anyway and their value will rocket as a result so it is better to wait till the end of the season before speculating.

Could you PM me the list of LDC approved topics we can post about? Don't want to fall foul....

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up receiving players plus cash from buying clubs rather than just a straight sale.

Coronavirus has heavily impacted the finances and most of the clubs being discussed as destinations for our players carry big squads and will no doubt want to trade.

Can I see clubs spending £20-30m on our players, not really but £10-20m plus players(s) is probably more likely.

Personally can't see that happening if these players go to top clubs.Take Aarons and Spurs for instace- who is there in the Spurs squad who would want to move to Norwich and whose wages we could afford?

Just now, king canary said:

Could you PM me the list of LDC approved topics we can post about? Don't want to fall foul....

My complaint is with talksh*te, not fans - they are just tabloid parasitic vultures  - following or making up stuff just to have something to fill their air time.

If the fees quoted are anywhere near realistic, meaning that those 4 players could generate a total approaching £100m then I'm afraid that they will almost certainly be off.

That is what the model is based on.

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

If the fees quoted are anywhere near realistic, meaning that those 4 players could generate a total approaching £100m then I'm afraid that they will almost certainly be off.

That is what the model is based on.

The model is based on self-sufficiency. I very much doubt we would need to rake in that large amount of cash to remain self-sufficient.  And I am more interested in the players we will bring in, since - irrespective of who leaves - we need at least one new central defender and one new defensive midfielder.

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

My complaint is with talksh*te, not fans - they are just tabloid parasitic vultures  - following or making up stuff just to have something to fill their air time.

I agree LDC, but it is not only them. I take it you're going to have a similar rant about BT and the BBC about how they have talked about our players?

It's inevitable and not worth getting your Y fronts in a twist. It's normal talk about a Club that may be getting relegated. It's not rocket science for a commentator to mention it, but it just seems they have been struggling for something to talk about during the game and it seems to have been mentioned more than 'normal'. 

Coronavirus will mean all transfer fees are suppressed. Even if the actual financial impact isn’t that bad (which it will be), clubs and players can use it as a good reason to push down fees. 

The signing of McCallum was always a big question mark over Lewis’ future. I reckon he’ll be the first out the door come the summer with plenty of suitors across the League. Liverpool are intending to focus on cheaper, younger players and they are in need of someone to push Robinson for the left back position. 

Can’t see Buendia leaving England as doubt there are any clubs outside of the Premier League who would be prepared to spend what Norwich will ask for him. Only Barcelona, Real or Athletico in Spain would have the financial clout to spend a big fee on a relatively unproven player. 

I suspect Cantwell will stay with the promise of the club building the squad around him. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Coronavirus will mean all transfer fees are suppressed. Even if the actual financial impact isn’t that bad (which it will be), clubs and players can use it as a good reason to push down fees. 

The signing of McCallum was always a big question mark over Lewis’ future. I reckon he’ll be the first out the door come the summer with plenty of suitors across the League. Liverpool are intending to focus on cheaper, younger players and they are in need of someone to push Robinson for the left back position. 

Can’t see Buendia leaving England as doubt there are any clubs outside of the Premier League who would be prepared to spend what Norwich will ask for him. Only Barcelona, Real or Athletico in Spain would have the financial clout to spend a big fee on a relatively unproven player. 

I suspect Cantwell will stay with the promise of the club building the squad around him. 

I think Cantwell will be one of the first out of here.

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The model is based on self-sufficiency. I very much doubt we would need to rake in that large amount of cash to remain self-sufficient.  And I am more interested in the players we will bring in, since - irrespective of who leaves - we need at least one new central defender and one new defensive midfielder.

The question would be (I guess) does the Corona based loss of revenue mean we'd have to sell to buy post relegation?

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

The question would be (I guess) does the Corona based loss of revenue mean we'd have to sell to buy post relegation?

If so that would cut both ways, with the price of our target players being reduced. What I do not see happening is the club having to sell all its young assets to stay afloat financially.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

If so that would cut both ways, with the price of our target players being reduced. What I do not see happening is the club having to sell all its young assets to stay afloat financially.

Oh yeah I totally agree with that

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If Lewis goes as well as Aaron’s the club could have a look at Dabo who was Coventry’s player of the season. Excellent player who would would cost the kind of fee Norwich like to pay. 

I was impressed by him each time I saw him too! I’m hoping that Neil Adams keeps an eye on the clubs players that we are loaning ours too. Each time I looked at Telstar for Gilmore, I noticed Reda Kharchouch was scoring a lot of goals. Hopefully these players aren’t going unnoticed. 

if Chris Sutton isn't at Carrow Road next season then I won't be either

And lets not forget that the players may want to move on as well. For all posters desires that we build a team to do well in the EPL, the sum of the parts doesn't equal the individual in our case.