Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Being a Norwich fan

6 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It’s never dull being a Norwich fan, is it? Definitely shaves some years off the old life expectancy.

Nah, Keeps you young.

42 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

We are tired of being only one of four teams to have been relegated from the Prem four times and are going for our fifth, to be the sole answer in a Pub Quiz. That's a win, right?

Good stat. Who are the others (without googling it)?

West Brom as mentioned? Villa? Newcastle? 

49 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

We are tired of being only one of four teams to have been relegated from the Prem four times and are going for our fifth, to be the sole answer in a Pub Quiz. That's a win, right?

It's the old glass half full or half empty isn't it.  The best feeling any club outside the top six big clubs can have is getting promoted - and we keep doing it.......yes that means we are relegated sometimes too and as bad as that feels, the flip side is the fantastic promotion seasons. 

I count the promotions over the last twenty years as the best memories and they far outweigh the memories of the relegations. It might be a bit of a roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't trade any of those promotions for say five years or even ten years of scrabbling around near the bottom of the PL like some clubs do - even ones that have lots of money. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Good stat. Who are the others (without googling it)?

West Brom as mentioned? Villa? Newcastle? 

If I remember correctly it is West Brom, Crystal Palace and Scum botherers Sunderland.

42 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's the old glass half full or half empty isn't it.  The best feeling any club outside the top six big clubs can have is getting promoted - and we keep doing it.......yes that means we are relegated sometimes too and as bad as that feels, the flip side is the fantastic promotion seasons. 

I count the promotions over the last twenty years as the best memories and they far outweigh the memories of the relegations. It might be a bit of a roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't trade any of those promotions for say five years or even ten years of scrabbling around near the bottom of the PL like some clubs do - even ones that have lots of money. 

Relegated some times? Nearly every time and straight away if you look back. 

I'm glad that peoples lives are so perfect that they have good years and more good years.

I prefer being an Norwich boy whose good years are made better by the not so good years.

Lets face it, even losing and being relegated is made up by the first game of the next season.