If the City of Leicester has to enter a lockdown, what does that mean for Leicester City?

"It's all OK because it's the EFL" or "LCFC has to follow the same rules as everyone else" ?

My understanding is that the pre 4th July lockdown rules will just continue longer for Leicester, so no pubs, restaurants opening on Saturday, so no real effect on Leicester City as the rules will be as per those they are playing under now. As an aside I am not sure that  any rolling on of the current rules will be effective  or enforceable, I would imagine somebody from Leicester who wants to go for a drink at a pub on Saturday will just travel out of the area......unless every road out of Leicester has a checkpoint......

10 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

My understanding is that the pre 4th July lockdown rules will just continue longer for Leicester, so no pubs, restaurants opening on Saturday, so no real effect on Leicester City as the rules will be as per those they are playing under now. As an aside I am not sure that  any rolling on of the current rules will be effective  or enforceable, I would imagine somebody from Leicester who wants to go for a drink at a pub on Saturday will just travel out of the area......unless every road out of Leicester has a checkpoint......

Maybe they will run a coach or two out of the city

This is "Colin" of Schipol Airport fame.....I'm pretty sure it's a parody  account 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

All non essential shops closed as well so back to pre June 15th which is before the football restart.

• Like 2

Are people really that desperate to get to a pub, no way would I risk my life for a pint of beer

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Are people really that desperate to get to a pub, no way would I risk my life for a pint of beer

A lot I reckon D. We will hear at the weekend no doubt as the UK gets back on it.

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

A lot I reckon D. We will hear at the weekend no doubt as the UK gets back on it.

Cars on the road and people meeting up has been growing for weeks in Leicester. People stopped listening to government advice to a degree a good month ago. 

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Lockdown was totally busted by the Cummings saga and the protests. Government lost all authority.

I think your spot on there.

How is Colin going to hide the fact that he is a pathetic cnut. Hewill be recognised straight away. Pirck will have his Leicester shirt on.

12 hours ago, daly said:

They were in Liverpool.

Clearly after the weekend ‘ celebrations ‘ in Liverpool there will be a spike there, so why not lock them down as well to stop many thousands being infected over the next few days.

12 hours ago, daly said:

I don’t know if people have noticed, but you can buy beer in supermarkets.

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Why hasn’t this been moved to the non football section?

Because the original question was about the impact of the lockdown upon Leicester City F.C. Remember?

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Because the original question was about the impact of the lockdown upon Leicester City F.C. Remember?

Fair play, keep it on the football pages then.